Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times

Advertisements

Years ago a "New Age" bookstore moved into a small storefront in my neighborhood. Now, I'm all for free enterprise but these people gave me the willies. Plus they put up this giant sign with symbols and words I could not begin to describe. I have one word here: Discernment.

I felt led to begin praying for the people who worked and shopped there. Whenever I passed the store in my car I would park in front of it and pray. I'd claim the people and the physical location for God. I did this for about six months. And then came the day I drove by and they were gone. Lock, stock and silly sign.

Never did find out what happened. Maybe they just couldn't make the rent. I don't know. But I felt compelled to pray for them and I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Thanks for the update. After doing a little more research on Lee's organizations, I'm happy to see the out come. Did you watch the three part series on CNN regarding Lee?
No I did not.
From those who I know that did, where surprised how far the wool has been over their eyes.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No I did not.
From those who I know that did, where surprised how far the wool has been over their eyes.
It's in a short three part series, if you type the words "Dahn Yoga CNN" into Google, you'll be able to watch the series online. I didn't realize he was connected to the Dahn Yoga in Sedona, the same place where a woman died while hiking with rocks in her backpack. What an adventure. Sounds like a James Ray event. I remember reading about her death in the newspaper a few years ago.

I drove past the Oasis Arabian Horse Ranch and noticed a, "for rent" sign. I didn't see any horses on the property. I wonder if Lee owns the beautiful home next to Oasis?

Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,046 times
that thing is creepy it looks like ken masters from street fighter video game series getting ready to fire up a hadouken.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
smile at your selves, what are you thinking - hateful people hate peace parks:-)

Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
It's in a short three part series, if you type the words "Dahn Yoga CNN" into Google, you'll be able to watch the series online. I didn't realize he was connected to the Dahn Yoga in Sedona, the same place where a woman died while hiking with rocks in her backpack. What an adventure. Sounds like a James Ray event. I remember reading about her death in the newspaper a few years ago.

I drove past the Oasis Arabian Horse Ranch and noticed a, "for rent" sign. I didn't see any horses on the property. I wonder if Lee owns the beautiful home next to Oasis?
Thanks for the CNN ref will look at.
From my understanding, it's (the house) that it is part of the Oasis property....not sure though. I'll ask a few who should know.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,399,840 times
Default Why do you guys feel threatened?

I don't understand why some of you Christians feel threatened by an ugly statue. It doesn't make sense. How very arrogant!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,663 times
Default Why I feel threatened

Soldiers from our country fought so South Korea could be free. So that their people could have the freedom to come and go. And some came here. The thing that protects us in our freedom so we don't abuse other's freedoms is our laws and regulations. When someone or a group intentionally breaks these laws and infringes on the rights of others we end up creating more law that eventually restricts all our freedoms. So these people by intentionally not following the law to build their "park" are indangering the very freedom that U.S. citizens died for to give them. The truth is that this property is zones agriculture and residential. The Mago Earth Park as they call it is really a place to draw in people to a reteat center for profit. They charge big bucks there to get "enligtened". At the retreat center they again are breaking the law by running a business on land that is zoned as residential. This case will come up through the County not the city. The initial use permit for the land the park is on is for a care taker house to stay on the land. They are violating the law by using it for other purposes. What this comes down to is as a property owner do you want your neighbor to be able to start running any kind of business they want without restriction and put up any kind of structure? For example a 49 foot naked woman or falic symbol. Freedom is limited in this county for a reason. to protect us from those who will take it to far and abuse it and then we all lose it.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,399,840 times
Default So What?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizona Jones View Post
Soldiers from our country fought so South Korea could be free. So that their people could have the freedom to come and go. And some came here. The thing that protects us in our freedom so we don't abuse other's freedoms is our laws and regulations. When someone or a group intentionally breaks these laws and infringes on the rights of others we end up creating more law that eventually restricts all our freedoms. So these people by intentionally not following the law to build their "park" are indangering the very freedom that U.S. citizens died for to give them. The truth is that this property is zones agriculture and residential. The Mago Earth Park as they call it is really a place to draw in people to a reteat center for profit. They charge big bucks there to get "enligtened". At the retreat center they again are breaking the law by running a business on land that is zoned as residential. This case will come up through the County not the city. The initial use permit for the land the park is on is for a care taker house to stay on the land. They are violating the law by using it for other purposes. What this comes down to is as a property owner do you want your neighbor to be able to start running any kind of business they want without restriction and put up any kind of structure? For example a 49 foot naked woman or falic symbol. Freedom is limited in this county for a reason. to protect us from those who will take it to far and abuse it and then we all lose it.

You crack me up! People pay big bucks to get "enlightened" every Sunday....it is called C H U R C H! So you want freedom for Christian things but nothing of any other religion...(granted it is as silly as Christianity...) The fact is that the statue offends Christians....

Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Years ago a "New Age" bookstore moved into a small storefront in my neighborhood. Now, I'm all for free enterprise but these people gave me the willies. Plus they put up this giant sign with symbols and words I could not begin to describe. I have one word here: Discernment.

I felt led to begin praying for the people who worked and shopped there. Whenever I passed the store in my car I would park in front of it and pray. I'd claim the people and the physical location for God. I did this for about six months. And then came the day I drove by and they were gone. Lock, stock and silly sign.

Never did find out what happened. Maybe they just couldn't make the rent. I don't know. But I felt compelled to pray for them and I did.
There's a new 'Christian' bookstore going in next to Trader Joe's in my town. I may not like it, but I also do not 'pray' that it closes down, putting people out of jobs and leaving yet another vacant building to scar the landscape.

You wonder why people don't respect you or your religion and then talk about praying that shops close down. Shops that have nothing to do with you at all.

Sorry, but this whole thread disgusts me. I may not agree with Dhana Yoga, or 'Mago', but I also do not advocate for burning down or destroying their statue. If it's against the permit/law, then take it down. If it's on private property, tough cookies.

You will never ever hear of me wanting to tear down and burn the crosses that litter the area around my house. 33 churches in a 5 mile radius. I'm tolerant of your 'beliefs', try and be tolerant of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity