Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 07:14 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,152 times

Advertisements

The Bible says that it is those who serve God who are redeemed.

Is that why Jesus said to serve God and follow Him by continuing in God's word?

Psalm 34:22

"The LORD redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned."

Luke 4:8

Jesus answered him, "It is written, "Worship the Lord your God, Him alone shall you serve."

Do you think Paul got it all wrong or was Jesus confused?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Matthew 20 :27 Jesus said ...``Even as the son of man came not to be ministered to , but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many ``................... the redeemer is Jesus Christ and Father God who can forgive sins , but people need Holy Spirit to deliver the redemption from God , or their sins will not be forgiven with out Holy Spirit ........... Redemption is a free gift of God through faith , even unbelievers can receive redemption when people who have Holy Spirit, ask forgiveness from God , God will grant forgiveness temporary for a witness of His grace so to spread the gospel and maybe they would be saved .....Neither Paul or Jesus got it wrong

Old 01-26-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Matthew 20 :27 Jesus said ...``Even as the son of man came not to be ministered to , but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many ``................... the redeemer is Jesus Christ and Father God who can forgive sins , but people need Holy Spirit to deliver the redemption from God , or their sins will not be forgiven with out Holy Spirit ........... Redemption is a free gift of God through faith , even unbelievers can receive redemption when people who have Holy Spirit, ask forgiveness from God , God will grant forgiveness temporary for a witness of His grace so to spread the gospel and maybe they would be saved .....Neither Paul or Jesus got it wrong
The son of man came so His sheep would have life as Jesus stated.

He also said that God's word is life. So it is the word of God that is the ransom for those who use it.

The son of man gives His life, the word of God, as the ransom. That is why Jesus said to continue in His word.

Reference;

John 10:7-10

"So again Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them.
I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 6:63

It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:08 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The son of man came so His sheep would have life as Jesus stated.

He also said that God's word is life. So it is the word of God that is the ransom for those who use it.

The son of man gives His life, the word of God, as the ransom. That is why Jesus said to continue in His word.

Reference;

John 10:7-10

"So again Jesus said to them, "Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them.
I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

John 6:63

It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
Matthew 15:24

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Old 01-27-2018, 09:07 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
ALL who BELIEVE can be saved today in this time of grace........NO works required.......if it's not a free gift you can't call it grace..........simple

1Co_1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

" Sing to the Lord a new song, sing to the Lord, bless his name all the earth. Announce his salvation day after day. Tell his glory among the nations. His wondrous deeds to all people. "

"As the Father sent me so I send you. Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Old 01-27-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
" Sing to the Lord a new song, sing to the Lord, bless his name all the earth. Announce his salvation day after day. Tell his glory among the nations. His wondrous deeds to all people. "

"As the Father sent me so I send you. Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Old 01-27-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
ALL who BELIEVE can be saved today in this time of grace........NO works required.......if it's not a free gift you can't call it grace..........simple

1Co_1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

Believing is not thinking but acting according to God and Jesus and all the prophets.

It is not about believing that God forgives your sins because of someone else's works because God has said no one can atone for another's sin.

Since Jesus said that the son frees you and the truth will set you free if you continue in His word then one can only have sin forgiven by spreading God's word and becoming the son.

If God said His servant is Israel and His son then when you serve as Jesus instructed then you become God's son so that the son frees you from sin by becoming the son.

This is the only way the old testament and the words of Jesus align.

Verses of reference;

Ezekiel 14:20 NRS

"Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither son nor daughter; they would save only their own lives by their righteousness.

" If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. "

"If the Son frees you, you shall truly be free."

" Israel is my son, my firstborn, let my son go so he can serve me. "

"I shall put salvation in Zion and give to Israel my glory. My glory I give to no other."

" You are my witnesses (Israel) my servants whom I have chosen. "

Old 01-27-2018, 11:21 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1965 View Post
matthew 15:24

he answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of israel."
and the disciples were to focus on them at first yes...... Paul and Peter sent to focus all else. The three sheets of creepy crawly things mean THE GENTILES OR THE LOST tribes ARE NOT HELD TO KOSHER LAWS . I am pretty sure that means the Gentiles WERE TO BE BLESSED. and Peter was to not curse what God HAS BLESSED. PETER WAS TO maybe even EVEN ENJOY THE FREEDOM THAT CHRIST BLOOD HAS GIVEN TO ALL HIS PEOPLE.
ps and that included when he had Rome tear down your temple.. now you have freedom even. and for 2000 years Jews had freedom from the thousands of laws you all created.. because Of Jesus you are now free from those laws your ancestors created !!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-27-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity