U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 AM

1,958 posts, read 4,443,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
Heres Pope John Paul kissing the Koran

And how can anyone who prays to statues be a saint ???
Luke 11:27-28 "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto Jesus, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."
Jesus could have applauded this woman's statement, he could have instructed her to indeed bless the womb that bore Him. He did not do or say such a thing.
How can one square early Church tradition which doesn't show reverence and devotion to Mary until 400 A.D. with the Scriptures which after the nativity say next to nothing about her which would warrant the idol worship given to her by Roman Catholics.
Mary was born with Adam & Eves fallen nature and needed to be "born again of the spirit" also and Jesus died for Marys sins as well.

Hay Catholics take a good hard look at those photos above! And you still say no we don't worship idols! Yea right. Disgusting!!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 AM

17,986 posts, read 13,694,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
There you go again, not listening. I, and the Catholic church agree with you, rather you agree with the Catholic church. Until you take the time to learn what we actually believe, please stop acting like you do. I think I'll past the link again, in my vain hope that you might actually read it, and discover that you agree with it, that you believe the same thing. So here you go. Why not for once, give it try, step away from your self induced ignorance.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Communion of Saints
I refer people back to posts #2, 5, and 8 and read them objectively. Nothing derogatory was said. And yet some are offended. So be it. I presented the true Bibilcal perspective of what a saint is. And some don't like it. I am interested in pleasing God. Not man.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:03 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,287,312 times
" the blind lead the blind and they both fall into a pit "
Is that two at a time?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:08 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,733,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
" You want the truth...You can't handle the truth"

The pictures you post of statues of Jesus's mother do nothing but increase the faith of Orthodox Catholics.

Similarly, the rosary, which is a meditation on the life of Jesus Christ, is one of the most powerful weapons Christians have in the spiritual war in which we are engaged.

I feel very sorry for people like you, who have been indoctrinated in anti-Catholic bigotry.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,733,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Hay Catholics take a good hard look at those photos above! And you still say no we don't worship idols! Yea right. Disgusting!!
Your Catholic-baiting is disgusting. It must be the product of an "interesting" religious upbringing. I can't even imagine what goes on at your church

If you want to argue doctrine like an adult, please contribute. If not, please find a home at the "Berean Call" or "Rapture Ready" where this kind of Catholic-baiting and bashing is allowed under the TOS and is hence the norm.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 AM

7,762 posts, read 9,856,964 times
There is to be no denominational "bashing" on this subforum.

This thread is CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.