Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:43 PM

16 posts, read 24,213 times

Advertisements

Beloved Brothers & Sisters in the Lord,

In 1 Corinthians 13: 3-8a we see the scriptures greatest example, apart from Christ's death on the cross, of what true agapeo love is. If this is to be part of the Christian's life, then why do so many Christian marriages (as well as single relationships) struggle so? What does Paul really mean for us as Christians who have God's love to "never fail" in our love? Never is a strong adverb meaning "not ever...at no time...not at all...absolutely not" (Dictionary.com) ... so why do we see so much failure in Christian relationships???

(Please make this a personal discussion on why you as a Christian may be failing so others can read, learn and grow from it. We don't want judgements and casual assumptions about our Christian faith. I too will share my struggles and failings as we dialogue this important subject).

Blessings!

Last edited by Hot Heart For God; 12-19-2009 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,506,255 times
pride......it's hard sometimes to let go, forget everything and start from scratch. It really shows no trust in the Holy Spirit

Old 12-19-2009, 02:14 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,411,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Heart For God View Post
Beloved Brothers & Sisters in the Lord,

In 1 Corinthians 13: 3-8a we see the scriptures greatest example, apart from Christ's death on the cross, of what true agapeo love is. If this is to be part of the Christian's life, then why do so many Christian marriages (as well as single relationships) struggle so? What does Paul really mean for us as Christians who have God's love to "never fail" in our love? Never is a strong adverb meaning "not ever...at no time...not at all...absolutely not" (Dictionary.com) ... so why do we see so much failure in Christian relationships???

(Please make this a personal discussion on why you as a Christian may be failing so others can read, learn and grow from it. We don't want judgements and casual assumptions about our Christian faith. I too will share my struggles and failings as we dialogue this important subject).

Blessings!

Great post. I struggle because I'm not yet separated from this sinful body that I'm in......there is NONE and I do mean, NONE that is perfect! On my walk of this, this, Believer's journey, I struggle with patience. I want everyone to "get it" and "get it" now! I try to keep reminding myself: "Self, you aren't there yet.") (smiling).

You know, it's just that knowing where I came from, no let me rephrase that, where the Lord has brought me through, I just want everyone to understand that there is hope! That it is available to all right now! So sometimes I'm often reminded that Betsey, patience is a virtue.

Talk about the prodigal son, well... meet the prodigal daughter. I had the most wonderful, Christ loving, humble parents you could think of, yet, I wanted to do ME, and do me I did!!! Totally selfish.

Fast forward to present day, in step Jesus and I haven't regretted it since!! This is why I keep posting, trying to get the attention of the hurt, the lost, the broken, the tired, the seekers: There is hope! It isn't over by a long shot! As long as you have breath in that body, and you come to Him with a broken spirit, and cry out to Him, MY FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL HEAR YOU!! I know.....This walk of mines is not one without struggles my friend, I, Betsey, I am still a work in progress, thank God for His mercies huh?

Betsey

Old 12-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Great post. I struggle because I'm not yet separated from this sinful body that I'm in......there is NONE and I do mean, NONE that is perfect! On my walk of this, this, Believer's journey, I struggle with patience. I want everyone to "get it" and "get it" now! I try to keep reminding myself: "Self, you aren't there yet.") (smiling).

You know, it's just that knowing where I came from, no let me rephrase that, where the Lord has brought me through, I just want everyone to understand that there is hope! That it is available to all right now! So sometimes I'm often reminded that Betsey, patience is a virtue.

Talk about the prodigal son, well... meet the prodigal daughter. I had the most wonderful, Christ loving, humble parents you could think of, yet, I wanted to do ME, and do me I did!!! Totally selfish.

Fast forward to present day, in step Jesus and I haven't regretted it since!! This is why I keep posting, trying to get the attention of the hurt, the lost, the broken, the tired, the seekers: There is hope! It isn't over by a long shot! As long as you have breath in that body, and you come to Him with a broken spirit, and cry out to Him, MY FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL HEAR YOU!! I know.....This walk of mines is not one without struggles my friend, I, Betsey, I am still a work in progress, thank God for His mercies huh?

Betsey
Dear Beloved Sister in Christ,
I rejoice with you in your tribulations and growth, and as I read your humble testimony of Christ's love and mercy for your journey I cried in rememberace of what I too have experienced from our Merciful God. Indeed it is not a journey that is over... for daily we see ourselves dimly as in a mirror, growing from glory to glory as unto the Lord. I too must remind myself daily that growing in His grace and knowledge is only the first step in my sanctified walk of love; that with that responsibility of growth comes obedience to His Word and direction out of a love that He not only has shown me through His Son, but infused it into my Spirit when I became one in Chirst.

You speak of trying to get the attention of the hurt, the lost, the broken, the tired, the seekers... Your got mine!!!... I must remind myself DAILY that I am He who is hurt, lost, broken, tired...struggles from within and without in work, marriage, societly, family... and it is I that must seek God daily for guidance in the use of His Spirit, Word, and Love, so that I may grow in my loving obedience to His Will. You are so right Betsey...without His continued love, mercy and grace we would condemn ourselves daily for not being able to meet the standards of His Holiness... but thanks be to God that In Christ Jesus those standards are fulfilled, and our debts for failure paid, in full, at the wonderfull Cross of Calvary! God bless you for giving me that refreshing reminder of God's love and grace for me through your testimony of His love and kindness towards you! Blessiings!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Heart For God View Post
Dear Beloved Sister in Christ,
I rejoice with you in your tribulations and growth, and as I read your humble testimony of Christ's love and mercy for your journey I cried in remembrance of what I too have experienced from our Merciful God. Indeed it is not a journey that is over... for daily we see ourselves dimly as in a mirror, growing from glory to glory as unto the Lord. I too must remind myself daily that growing in His grace and knowledge is only the first step in my sanctified walk of love; that with that responsibility of growth comes obedience to His Word and direction out of a love that He not only has shown me through His Son, but infused it into my Spirit when I became one in Christ.

You speak of trying to get the attention of the hurt, the lost, the broken, the tired, the seekers... Your got mine!!!... I must remind myself DAILY that I am He who is hurt, lost, broken, tired...struggles from within and without in work, marriage, societly, family... and it is I that must seek God daily for guidance in the use of His Spirit, Word, and Love, so that I may grow in my loving obedience to His Will. You are so right Betsey...without His continued love, mercy and grace we would condemn ourselves daily for not being able to meet the standards of His Holiness... but thanks be to God that In Christ Jesus those standards are fulfilled, and our debts for failure paid, in full, at the wonderfull Cross of Calvary! God bless you for giving me that refreshing reminder of God's love and grace for me through your testimony of His love and kindness towards you! Blessings!

Blessings to you too Brother in Christ! Now you have me here weeping also.... Isn't He awesome indeed? Isn't He real? For this is what it is all about, that no one perishes, but that all would turn from their wicked ways and KNOW without a doubt that He is LORD!!

Another soul for Christ! Amen. No one said it would be easy. For it is indeed a struggle from day to day, one which we must be continually reminded that He will carry us when we can't carry ourselves. That we cannot do this on our own! That His mercies are from day to day and it's available to all! To all! Oh taste and see that the Lord is good!

My prayer continues to be the same: that they will come, that some will come. I'm convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt, that some will come. That they will hearken unto that tug, that pull, that voice....and they will come. The Lord is calling all His children in, praying that they will hear the voice of their Father calling and come.

What help me a lot is, in the morning before the children wake, I like to go outside and sit on the front porch and to listen to the birds in the trees chirping, to watch the sun peek over the horizon, to watch the first glow of "light" appear in the sky and listen to Him speak to my heart. You will hear Him. It's there in the stillness of that "perfect" quiet, you'll be reminded of the promise that He has given to each and everyone of us......that He'll never leave us alone, that He's preparing a place for us.

I'm so happy that you have found Him, I'm rejoicing for you and you're family. There is a peace that surpasses all understanding.....it's found right there in Him isn't? Don't answer that, I know..... My children are happier because mommy is happy, I see it on their faces everyday, and I'm sure yours are too. Our precious gifts, given to us from Yours Truly. Thank you for sharing, happy holidays to you and yours.

Merry Christmas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLNL49TFC_8&feature=fvw

Your sister in Christ, Betsey

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,283,201 times
God is Love. And it is true that love never fails, no never ever, absolutely not under any circumstances-Love never fails, but people do...

Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
God is Love. And it is true that love never fails, no never ever, absolutely not under any circumstances-Love never fails, but people do...
Isn't that the truth? People change, but thank God He's the same today, yesterday, tomorrow, next week, Friday, Thursday, Sunday.....I think you get the picture.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Isn't that the truth? People change, but thank God He's the same today, yesterday, tomorrow, next week, Friday, Thursday, Sunday.....I think you get the picture.
So Beloved Sisters of the Lord, what then happens when I walk in agapeo love and love my wife with God's love, unconditionally, as His Word says to, and it fails to minister to her? Did I as a person fail and not the love I displayed? Just curious on your perspectives as woman of God, because I believe woman have a keener insight to the Spirit's moving then most men do.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:02 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,283,201 times
Quote:
Amen and Amen... the older I get the more meaningful that characteristic of God has become to me. I depend upon HIS unchanging hand with all my strength and appreciate it much more than I did in my youth. I know love never fails.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:07 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,117,353 times
i am perplexed as you are if christian relationships fail are they different than anyone else? certainly a lot of christian vows are taken, but rarely upheld. i think if the vows were more focused on the actual obligations of marriage rather than the ideals-- there might be much less christian marriage. too many do not feel there are any concrete obligations in marriage. i think marriage should involve contractual behavioral obligations, not oaths to ideals. written obligations are clearers. sound like a prenup doesnt it?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-20-2009 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity