Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times

Advertisements

What most do not realize is that the majority of registered sex offenders are registered for solicitating sex from a prostitute, or spousal abuse. The child molesters are but a fraction of the registered sex offenders.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
What most do not realize is that the majority of registered sex offenders are registered for solicitating sex from a prostitute, or spousal abuse. The child molesters are but a fraction of the registered sex offenders.
got some sources for that data? just asking as I find it hard to believe that spousal abuse means somebody registers as a "sex offender"..

other sources actually relating to the OP

Her.meneutics: N.C. Court Upholds Sex Offenders' Right to Worship

1. Nichols has been convicted twice of indecent liberties with a teenager and of attempted second-degree rape in 2003

2. Nichols had told authorities that DeMaio, convicted twice of indecent liberties with children, had “manhandled” a teenage girl in Moncure Baptist’s parking lot.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:15 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
got some sources for that data? just asking as I find it hard to believe that spousal abuse means somebody registers as a "sex offender"..

other sources actually relating to the OP

Her.meneutics: N.C. Court Upholds Sex Offenders' Right to Worship

1. Nichols has been convicted twice of indecent liberties with a teenager and of attempted second-degree rape in 2003

2. Nichols had told authorities that DeMaio, convicted twice of indecent liberties with children, had “manhandled” a teenage girl in Moncure Baptist’s parking lot.
sex offenders can be teenage boys who had relations with underage girls
sex offenders can be teenage boys texting pictures of a naked underage girlfriend
One man was driving almost hit a little girl who ran out into the street, he lost it jumped out and grabbed that little girl's arm to make her realize the seriousness and now he is a registered sex offender.
sex offenders can be men arrested for soliciting a prostitute.

Robin was making a point that not all sex offenders are child molesters.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Robin was making a point that not all sex offenders are child molesters.
But that ain't what he said is it? And thats not what I was referring to was it? BTW.. why are you answering for Robin..?

He said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
There is no way you could wonder what I was speaking to... (i.e. spousal abuse meaning "sex offender")

well I guess there is a way since you missed it..

onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
One man was driving almost hit a little girl who ran out into the street, he lost it jumped out and grabbed that little girl's arm to make her realize the seriousness and now he is a registered sex offender.
I'll believe that when you post the source..

Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 823 times
My question is, what if a family member is a registered sex offender because someone set them up? What about someone who was set up by a person from another country (a previous military member at that, the person who was set up) so that person and their child could obtain a green card? Should this person be shunned from attending church with their present family? Does this person not still have the right of the 1st Amendment regardless of whatever State Laws ? Don't Federal Laws out weigh State Laws? If Jesus died for everyone and God forgives... how did the law get involved with Church decisions again?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM

794 posts, read 846,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

They shud shut the church down as it serves no meaningful purpose. I always knew there was something weird about non-catholic/non-orthodox churches. Twisted scripture.
You want to talk about weird within non catholic churches? As much dirt has been exposed in the catholic church I am shocked this religion has over 1 billion members.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Then along comes this news story:

Sex Offender Caught Sexually Assaulting Woman In Church « CBS Seattle

Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Very old thread very old news..closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity