U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:03 PM

8,430 posts, read 7,842,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm actually suprised this thread has still got legs , when these verses of scripture without doubt refute the opening post on this thread. I know Verna , Harold and Donna that i am on your do no not reply to list , but come on the scriptures i have posted speak for itself, my conclusion can only be is you are willfully resisting the Spirit of God who inspired Paul to pen these verses.
And realistically if you love your God, yourself, and your neighbor.. what sin CAN be left to commit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 02:05 PM

27,109 posts, read 17,886,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
And realistically if you love your God, yourself, and your neighbor.. what sin CAN be left to commit?
Right

Old 12-27-2009, 02:25 PM

34,684 posts, read 22,489,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Bingo!! Still can't rep you, kat.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,185,874 times
Quote:
I'm actually suprised this thread has still got legs , when these verses of scripture without doubt refute the opening post on this thread. I know Verna , Harold and Donna that i am on your do no not reply to list , but come on the scriptures i have posted speak for itself, my conclusion can only be is you are willfully resisting the Spirit of God who inspired Paul to pen these verses.
I can't speak for another, but myself....., I still wants to obey. There is something inside of me that do not want to lie, steal, fornicate, disobey, nor break the Sabbath....but that just me, you understand?

Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM

988 posts, read 1,499,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I can't speak for another, but myself....., I still wants to obey. There is something inside of me that do not want to lie, steal, fornicate, disobey, nor break the Sabbath....but that just me, you understand?

Actually that is the Holy Spirit in you...

HK

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Old 12-28-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
So you have no answer to this verse , same applies to you Mr Kupp, after all it's the commandments we are discussing as pointed out in the verse below and not how you want to obey them or how you obey them , the verse below clearly states we fulfill the commandments by loving our neighbor as we love ourselves, simple really .

Quote:

Romans 13 verses 9 amd 10

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13 :9

Verna, HK , DK,Almost2L8 you see it's about loving your neighbor and not keeping the Law , what more evidence do you need than this explicit confirmation from the scriptures that by loving your neighbor you are fulfilling the whole Law , in other words our walk is about Loving not keeping.

Romans 13 : 10

Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.Therefore is there for a reason.

Both of you are preaching another gospel.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 PM

589 posts, read 1,258,113 times
Quote:

I'm with you, Betsey. The multitude will soon find out why it is not ok to break the Sabbath.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post

I'm with you, Betsey. The multitude will soon find out why it is not ok to break the Sabbath.
The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be (HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOO), are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13 :9

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM

589 posts, read 1,258,113 times
Quote:
The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be (HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOO), are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Romans 13 :9
The Law of God is the 10 Commandments, the summary of love your neighbor as yourself covers only the last 6 Commandments, the first 4 is to love God above ALL!

Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
The Law of God is the 10 Commandments, the summary of love your neighbor as yourself covers only the last 6 Commandments, the first 4 is to love God above ALL!
If you read the verse you will clearly see it says and whatever other commandment there maybe

Romans 13 verse 9

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity