U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

1,958 posts, read 4,437,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Maybe for the same reason that he drowned all of mankind except eight - His choice. By the way did you ever think that since God is sorry he made mankind - He is sorry he made you.
Quote:
Alpha8207 Wow, that's pretty vicious.
Yes it is, yes it is. Oh moderator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 PM

[quote=Harold Kupp;12118800]
Quote:
!

Keep your pennies - I prefer Jesus' teaching on the subject:

Mat 19:17 And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments."

Those who break God's commandments are in bondage not those who obey God's commandments.

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

HK

"The law is terrible only to the transgressor."
You have shown your true spirit in two posts now.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:25 PM

988 posts, read 1,487,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp
By the way did you ever think that since God is sorry he made mankind - He is sorry he made you.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Wow, that's pretty vicious.

Are you saying God is vicious? You could not be talking about me because I merely pointed out what God said about mankind. You are a man - right?

So much for " God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life" Scratch that and insert:

Psalms 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

HK

Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM

[quote=Marks;12118951]
Quote:

You have shown your true spirit in two posts now.

Thank you very much - since I have just quoted Jesus that Spirit must be the Spirit of Christ.

HK

7,780 posts, read 12,640,087 times
Quote:
Are you saying God is vicious? You could not be talking about me because I merely pointed out what God said about mankind. You are a man - right?
I don't recall God ever being 'sorry' He created any one individual. It is very vicious and, in fact, evil incarnate to level an out of context scripture at any one person individually. God didn't say He was sorry for creating Harold, or Alpha, or anyone that He has taken the time to create. In fact, HE loves Harold, and Alpha, and EVERYONE enough to send His son to die for them. God wants that none should perish but that all come to a svaing understanding of Him. I pray that your arrogant flippant approach to God and His Word hasn't been a stumbling block for anyone. Christ didn't die MORE for you or me than anyone else.....the gift of salvation is for everyone and God isn't 'sorry' He created any of us. He dealt with His 'sorrow' (though I still you think you aren't rightly dividing the Word there) at the flood.

But back to my question:

What's a 'railer'?

Bye HK!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Yes it is, yes it is. Oh moderator?

Apparently you missed the point - even though God is sorry He made us and looks upon us with contempt - he has given some an opportunity to repent and be blessed with eternal life.

That is the God kind of love we cannot grasp - to send His Son to die for a people he hates.

He will bless them - if they repent.

HK

Old 12-21-2009, 12:39 PM

[quote=Alpha8207;12119169]I don't recall God ever being 'sorry' He created any one individual. It is very vicious and, in fact, evil incarnate to level an out of context scripture at any one person individually. God didn't say He was sorry for creating Harold, or Alpha, or anyone that He has taken the time to create. In fact, HE loves Harold, and Alpha, and EVERYONE enough to send His son to die for them. God wants that none should perish but that all come to a svaing understanding of Him. I pray that your arrogant flippant approach to God and His Word hasn't been a stumbling block for anyone. Christ didn't die MORE for you or me than anyone else.....the gift of salvation is for everyone and God isn't 'sorry' He created any of us. He dealt with His 'sorrow' (though I still you think you aren't rightly dividing the Word there) at the flood.

Alpha, there are many things you do not recall - that does not change what is written. You may not like it but those are the facts - God was sorry he made mankind so he drowned them like rats.

If we had been alive then He would have drown us also.

Here are some more facts you may have forgotten:

Zep 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Isa 63:3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Eze 22:31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him. (ASV)

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

HK

Old 12-21-2009, 12:44 PM

7,780 posts, read 12,640,087 times
Quote:
Quote:
I don't recall God ever being 'sorry' He created any one individual. It is very vicious and, in fact, evil incarnate to level an out of context scripture at any one person individually. God didn't say He was sorry for creating Harold, or Alpha, or anyone that He has taken the time to create. In fact, HE loves Harold, and Alpha, and EVERYONE enough to send His son to die for them. God wants that none should perish but that all come to a svaing understanding of Him. I pray that your arrogant flippant approach to God and His Word hasn't been a stumbling block for anyone. Christ didn't die MORE for you or me than anyone else.....the gift of salvation is for everyone and God isn't 'sorry' He created any of us. He dealt with His 'sorrow' (though I still you think you aren't rightly dividing the Word there) at the flood.

Alpha, there are many things you do not recall - that does not change what is written. You may not like it but those are the facts - God was sorry he made mankind so he drowned them like rats.

If we had been alive then He would have drown us also.

Here are some more facts you may have forgotten:

Zep 1:17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Zep 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Isa 63:3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Eze 22:31 Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord GOD.

Pro 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath eternal life; but he that obeyeth not the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abideth on him. (ASV)

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

HK
I believeth on the Son, so I'm good! The bitterness and outright hate in your heart spills out in your words, Harold. I pray for a kinder countenance.

Oh, I forgot to ask, what's a 'railer'?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM

[quote]
Quote:
I believeth on the Son, so I'm good! The bitterness and outright hate in your heart spills out in your words, Harold. I pray for a kinder countenance.

Since I was merely quoting what God said you must direct your comments to Him. Good luck with that....

HK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity