U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 PM

136 posts, read 158,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WOW! I and many others heard the same gospel in the Caribbean, I guess all the Trinis in my birth country who hold on to their salvation are right wing conservative whack jobs too?

It is a sad day when the TRUE gospel is called conservatism or right wing. That is why people like me defend the true gospel and remind others of it because of people like you who don't like the true gospel and fit a different one to your liking and will do what you can to destroy the true gospel by labeling it as false and heretical.
What did he say that was wrong other than right wing whack jobs?
I am not trying to debate just trying to find out what was said that wasn't the gospel?
I am supposing right wing and conservative is a political movement?
I stay far away from politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:20 PM

8,989 posts, read 11,810,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJScott View Post
I read your posts everyday, I don't see you as a whack job I really enjoy the truth in your posts.
I do believe as revrandy said to help the poor and hurting when possible.
I don't do enough to help others but when I can I do.
I don't believe helping others is what saves me though.
Works follow salvation.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words thanks be to God!

I agree that we as Christians are to help the poor, sick and widows but the gospel is first and foremost is to be taught. When we help the sick we should ALWAYS be teaching the gospel as well and not just let our actions speak for themselves because we would only be sending people to hell healthy and on full stomachs.

The the true gospel is getting muddled by another gospel Revrandy and others like to claim, "the social gospel" pushed by new age Christians, mystics, emergents, liberals "red letter Chistians" such as Brian MacLaren, Tony Campolo etc.... who hide in our churches and disguise themselves as evangelicals to gain what credibility they have left to promote their own gospel. They have attacked pretty much all the major doctrines like justification, sanctification etc....

Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 PM

136 posts, read 158,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Thanks I appreciate the kind words thanks be to God!

I agree that we as Christians are to help the poor, sick and widows but the gospel is first and foremost is to be taught. When we help the sick we should teach the gospel as well and not just let our actions speak for themselves because we would only be sending people to hell healthy and on full stomachs.

The the true gospel is getting muddled by another gospel Revrandy and others like to claim, "the social gospel" pushed by new age Christians, mystics, emergents, liberals "red letter Chistians such as Brian Maclaren, Tony Campolo etc.... who hide in our churches and disguise themselves as evangelicals to gain what credibility they have left to promote their own gospel. They have attacked pretty much all the major doctrines like justification, sanctification etc....
Thank you, by red letter I am assuming Jesus words only?
I am sorry for my ignorance on much of this.
I am seeking truths.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM

8,989 posts, read 11,810,836 times
Quote:
I am seeking truths.
EXACTLY!

You are not ignorant.....We all had to start somewhere. I too was listening to the Campolos and MacLarens. I thought these men had it together and truly understood Christianity and then I was soundly saved and God led me to men like Paul Washer, John Piper and John Macarthur.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 PM

17,928 posts, read 13,608,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Thank you for reminding me tonight about the "good news" . . .

We may have doctrinal differences, but the "good news" is enough to cover those . . . . thank you for this post.
Your're welcome Lifesigns. And MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,991,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your're welcome Lifesigns. And MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Merry Christmas to You

Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 AM

1,954 posts, read 1,792,384 times
Quote:
I am seeking truths.
If the Gospels wasn't written down for decades after Christ's death, how is it even possible to provide direct quotes on what he said?

Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 AM

1,954 posts, read 1,792,384 times
Quote:
What did he say that was wrong other than right wing whack jobs?
I am not trying to debate just trying to find out what was said that wasn't the gospel?
I am supposing right wing and conservative is a political movement?
I stay far away from politics.
My apologies about the right wing whack job comment if it offended you. Where I live I find it is the right wing Christians who tell me what is truth, what is not, how only they know etc. To me that is being a whack job - no-one knows absolute truth except God.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM

331 posts, read 410,297 times
Wow, that gets an Amen from me. Not all right-wing Christians are like that. Those, I think, are called "Fundamentalists". I was actually driven to the word of Fred Phelps once upon a time. Even felt like flying to Kansas to attend one of his weekly church services (when his church isn't ablaze LOL), but I came to my senses, and realized that he was nothing but a self-righteous prophet. I turned back to the book that's never failed me, THE HOLY BIBLE, and it's done me nothing but good since.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM

6,713 posts, read 11,450,585 times
Not that it's of utmost importance but I get the feeling that posting this in the Christianity Forum will largely fall in the category of "preaching to the choir" - no pun intended.

Perhaps this would have been better suited for the main forum?

Anyway, that aside, I really don't see what the admiration is behind this thought of Jesus dying for all my sins. Supposing that line of thinking is true and inerrant - I don't find it to be a very noble gesture at all. I didn't ask for it; I certainly don't want it and I would have done everything humanly possible to stop his barbaric torture and murder.

But, to thus say that I am being held accountable for all my "sins" by not accepting the mere thought or idea of Jesus being the son of God and having died for my sins is absolutely ridiculous.

Everyone talks about the "fairness" and "righteous" judgment of God but I don't think any human being finds it very fair at all to be held accountable for the entire history of man's misbehavior. I don't feel any sort of remorse or guilt for things that happened in ancient Sumeria, Rome, the Dark Ages, and even during the Holocaust. I feel badly that many atrocious acts occurred but I don't feel guilt because I wasn't even alive to have participated in any of those things.

Holding me accountable for things that allegedly happened thousands of years ago, without my input, without my interaction in the world, and without my say, is like putting a 30-year old on trial for crimes they "might have committed" had they lived in Nazi Germany. It doesn't follow and it certainly doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity