U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
 
12,899 posts, read 6,974,942 times
Reputation: 2391

Advertisements

It's the greatest news there ever was. Jesus Christ went to the Cross on your behalf. As your substitute, He paid for your sins. He took care of your sin problem. He's the Son of God. He died in your place and rose on the third day. And now the free gift of salvation is offered to you. You don't have to work trying to please God to get into Heaven. All you have to do is to believe in Jesus Christ and God's own righteousness is imputed to you. You can be absolutely confident of your ticket to Heaven. The ticket is punched through faith alone in Christ alone. You don't have to walk an isle, you don't have to join a church. There are no works involved. All you have to do is make the greatest decision in your life. Understanding the issue, just form the words in your mind. ''Father, I'm believing in Jesus Christ.'' In that moment, you are born again and you become a member of the royal family of God. Then the issue after that is to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.'

Acts 16:31 And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...'

1 John 5:13 ''These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life.''

Your salvation is secure. You can never lose it.

Eternal Security (http://jrcyouth.com/loved24.htm - broken link)


As a new believer you need to understand the principle of 1 John 1:9

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/loved1.htm - broken link)

Merry Christmas
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
1,603 posts, read 1,056,968 times
Reputation: 1282
Do I have to believe like some of the right wing, conservative whack-jobs or can I believe like someone who actually looks at the message of Christ as judge no-one, love all people and extend a helping hand to the least of those in society, not condemn them and torment them because they are created in a way that some consider distasteful?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
 
4,832 posts, read 3,980,701 times
Reputation: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's the greatest news there ever was. Jesus Christ went to the Cross on your behalf. As your substitute, He paid for your sins. He took care of your sin problem. He's the Son of God. He died in your place and rose on the third day. And now the free gift of salvation is offered to you. You don't have to work trying to please God to get into Heaven. All you have to do is to believe in Jesus Christ and God's own righteousness is imputed to you. You can be absolutely confident of your ticket to Heaven. The ticket is punched through faith alone in Christ alone. You don't have to walk an isle, you don't have to join a church. There are no works involved. All you have to do is make the greatest decision in your life. Understanding the issue, just form the words in your mind. ''Father, I'm believing in Jesus Christ.'' In that moment, you are born again and you become a member of the royal family of God. Then the issue after that is to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.'

Acts 16:31 And they said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved...'

1 John 5:13 ''These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life.''

Your salvation is secure. You can never lose it.

Eternal Security (http://jrcyouth.com/loved24.htm - broken link)


As a new believer you need to understand the principle of 1 John 1:9

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/loved1.htm - broken link)

Merry Christmas
No thanks.

And to think, this god could have saved himself all of this trouble using his magical foresight powers and orchestrated a batter plan...well, that's if we even believe he even exists and the bible is even worth a second look.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Omaha, NE
193 posts, read 425,148 times
Reputation: 58


I will double the no thanks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
 
136 posts, read 114,248 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Do I have to believe like some of the right wing, conservative whack-jobs or can I believe like someone who actually looks at the message of Christ as judge no-one, love all people and extend a helping hand to the least of those in society, not condemn them and torment them because they are created in a way that some consider distasteful?
This is the Jesus I know.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Small Town USA
1,393 posts, read 1,432,944 times
Reputation: 579
Thank you for reminding me tonight about the "good news" . . .

We may have doctrinal differences, but the "good news" is enough to cover those . . . . thank you for this post.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,812,419 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Do I have to believe like some of the right wing, conservative whack-jobs or can I believe like someone who actually looks at the message of Christ as judge no-one, love all people and extend a helping hand to the least of those in society, not condemn them and torment them because they are created in a way that some consider distasteful?
WOW! I and many others heard the same gospel in the Caribbean, I guess all the Trinis in my birth country who hold on to their salvation are right wing conservative whack jobs too?

It is a sad day when the TRUE gospel is called conservatism or right wing. That is why people like me defend the true gospel and remind others of it because of people like you who don't like the true gospel and fit a different one to your liking and will do what you can to destroy the true gospel by labeling it as false and heretical.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
 
4,112 posts, read 2,282,913 times
Reputation: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJScott View Post
This is the Jesus I know.

Hey whatta ya know? Me too!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
 
136 posts, read 114,248 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
WOW! I and many others heard the same gospel in the Caribbean, I guess all the Trinis in my birth country who hold on to their salvation are right wing conservative whack jobs too?

It is a sad day when the TRUE gospel is called conservatism or right wing. That is why people like me defend the true gospel and remind others of it because of people like you who don't like the true gospel and fit a different one to your liking and will do what you can to destroy the true gospel by labeling it as false and heretical.
I read your posts everyday, I don't see you as a whack job I really enjoy the truth in your posts.
I do believe as revrandy said to help the poor and hurting when possible.
I don't do enough to help others but when I can I do.
I don't believe helping others is what saves me though.
Works follow salvation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
 
136 posts, read 114,248 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hey whatta ya know? Me too!
Hi sparrow
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top