Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 03:15 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If You Don't Believe God is Going to Save All Mankind then you'll go to hell for ever.
HAHAHAHAHA......

Old 12-06-2009, 03:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i already got my asbestos suit. have you taken a look on the streets at night lately, guna save that??? i dont think so.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:56 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i already got my asbestos suit. have you taken a look on the streets at night lately, guna save that??? i dont think so.
All things might not be possible for man, but all things ARE possible for God, regardless of what you think ... (Mat 19:26)

Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
This is a curious statement ... I would like to see you elaborate on it ...

I would say that those who believe in their heart that others are judged to eternal hell are themselves in danger of being judged in the way they believe others are judged ... Minus the eternal bit.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Quote:

Uh...wait a second. If God is going to save ALL mankind, then that includes the ones that don't think He is going to save all mankind. Right?

Bud

Old 12-06-2009, 09:51 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
He already did save mankind...it is bent on you partaking in that gift, the gift given freely for all men. Christ's work is done.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He already did save mankind...it is bent on you partaking in that gift, the gift given freely for all men. Christ's work is done.

...Yes...His work is done...that is why there is no sacrifice left for those who, after having received the knowledge of the truth, willfully sin (Hebrews 10:26)...you cannot hang Him on the cross again...His sacrifice was lovingly, graciously given once, for all...receive it or not...it's your choice. Thank you Jesus.

Amen.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I'm personally indebted to my Savior because He paid (it) my debt in full and this is why i love Him .

If the debt is paid for , why are fundamentalists saying we are still in debt ?

19how that God was in Christ -- a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation,

So it's clear God has forgiven and not God will forgive.He either is or isn't reckoning our trespasses against us.

Eusebius i looked at this statement of yours yesterday and was scratching my head , this morning it dawned on me what you are saying.

It seems to me you are saying , If a christian believes this statement of yours it it reveals how shallow their faith really is .

Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times
Quote:
John 17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

God is calling those that are saved out of the world.

Those that are no longer in the world and have passed on, cannot be called out of the world to be saved to be bought with a price and sealed as His.

To not take the Bible as a whole and in context is to take the universal reconciliation to a level like in this way.

Romans 3:23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

In the same format as universal reconciliation, everybody should just give up now because no one is ever going to be perfect. This is why univesal reconciliation is a lie because the offer of salvation is given to thye whole world, but not everyone will believe the report in order for them to be saved through Jesus Christ out of the world.

Salvation requires entering the new covenant by faith in Jesus Christ: after death is judgment and those that believe not are condemned already.

Romans 3:23 comes in context of believing in Jesus Christ as a means to be saved out of the world.

Romans 3: 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Believers are the only ones justified by faith in Jesus Christ to obtain the righteousnes of God to dwell with God forever.

Non-believers that never had come to nor believed in Jesus Christ are reserved for another type of eternity.

Revelation 19:20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Imagine the first passover in Egypt when the blood of the lamb was over the doorpost of a home to save all those within if it didn't really matter, and those that did not apply the blood of the lamb over their door of their home did not die as well. Would the ones that did not have the blood of the lamb over their doorpost of their homes glorified God for saving them if no one had died?

It is not hard to imagine that scene in Heaven of those that rejected Christ when they would begin mocking God as in "Oh, sure ... you saved us. It was the fire that brought us here and justified us: not You nor your blood." Where is the glory of God in that?

So God is offering the free gift of salvation towards the world so that all those that believe in Jesus Christ will be saved from the lake of fire: the second death: the other eternity.

The stipulation of salvation has always been to believe in Jesus Christ.

John 6: 38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.... 44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

While the living is upon the earth to be called out of the world, now is the time of salvation.

2 Corinthians 6:1We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 3Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:

The gospel of Jesus Christ is not universal reconciliation, but to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ through faith in His blood.

Romans 3:25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Colossians 1: 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

It does not say under the earth nor from the lake of fire. The free gift of salvation is offered to the living to save them out of the world: not out of the lake of fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity