U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,867,927 times

Advertisements

Yes, we should. Sexuality is a very special gift that God gives to married couples. In order to more fully enjoy the gift, couples should take care of themselves through maintaining healthy living habits (diet, exercise, brushing teeth and bathing regularly, etc) and by paying attention to their appearances as they did when they were dating.

I'm not talking about Botox treatments and designer clothing. Any woman can spend a few minutes a day washing her face, combing her hair and putting on an outfit that's clean and flattering to her figure. A lot of women I know--- and men, too --- let themselves go as soon as they get back from the honeymoon. It usually gets worse once kids are in the picture.

Of course, our appearances change over time --- wrinkles appear, hair turns gray or falls out, boobs sag, but we should all strive to look our best for our spouses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im in the car...
She is still in the bathroom...

Im in the car,
She is still picking out what she will wear

Im in the car,
She is looking at her mirror.

Im in the car,
She appears....and I let her know that she was worth the wait.
That is awesome Alan, but...how do you look to her? Are you attractive spiritually? Are you attractive physically to HER? Have you asked her these questions, listened and then made a positive consistent effort to change in order to please her? Now please be honest with me on this one.

For some reason I have heard it all my life, that women don't really want a guy that is attractive or takes care of himself. I am not kidding, even on this thread someone mentioned that they heard women saying that a beer belly was cute That is nonsense. I believe that women enjoy looking at a man that is not only strong spiritually but takes care of himself physically too as well.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
Yes, we should. Sexuality is a very special gift that God gives to married couples. In order to more fully enjoy the gift, couples should take care of themselves through maintaining healthy living habits (diet, exercise, brushing teeth and bathing regularly, etc) and by paying attention to their appearances as they did when they were dating.

I'm not talking about Botox treatments and designer clothing. Any woman can spend a few minutes a day washing her face, combing her hair and putting on an outfit that's clean and flattering to her figure. A lot of women I know--- and men, too --- let themselves go as soon as they get back from the honeymoon. It usually gets worse once kids are in the picture.

Of course, our appearances change over time --- wrinkles appear, hair turns gray or falls out, boobs sag, but we should all strive to look our best for our spouses.
Thanks for posting Lisa, what a great answer..

Old 12-25-2009, 01:16 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,109,886 times
Definitely attempt to look good-it is a lack of respect to others and out right being discourteous to let oneself go (the bible frowns on lacking respect and poor behavior-gluttony is actually one of the activities where it is said that they will not inherit the kingdom). Same with wearing your pajamas and not combing your hair and going to WalMart!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Definitely attempt to look good-it is a lack of respect to others and out right being discourteous to let oneself go (the bible frowns on lacking respect and poor behavior-gluttony is actually one of the activities where it is said that they will not inherit the kingdom). Same with wearing your pajamas and not combing your hair and going to WalMart!
Well, if you could get other believers to agree with you I will give you a high five. Unfortunately I have noticed that it is a pretty big problem in many churches and in our society as a whole and it is overlooked as a sin.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:53 AM

150 posts, read 247,996 times
One has to be very careful not to focus only on the external. My former daughter-in-law is very attractive on the outside but uglier than hell on the inside.
Yes, physical attraction is probably the 1st thing that catches most men's eyes [speaking from the male perspective] but for most guys there has to be more than physical beauty alone.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:06 AM

13,329 posts, read 20,203,137 times
"Pretty is as pretty does"..There are many beautiful people, pleasing to the eye....until you get to know them..

If a husband insists his wife looks beautiful, wears makeup and dresses to suit his desire for a "trophy" then maybe he needs to examine his own flaws of the flesh, because they are many more than a homely appearing wife..

Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM

244 posts, read 722,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
One has to be very careful not to focus only on the external. My former daughter-in-law is very attractive on the outside but uglier than hell on the inside.
That's interesting....I also have a former daughter-in-law that is very attractive on the outside but a nightmare on the inside .....she's mean as a snake, moody as heck & no one in our family could quite "click" with her.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM

13 posts, read 50,313 times
In my opinon yes! we should try to look as close to who we were when we got together, remember, it wasn't our brains or what ever, for most of us i would say it was liking what you saw in front of you! I know we can't always help it, but i know some people that just let themselfs go to pot and when they can't understand why there mate doesn't act to interested any more, just look in the mirror.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 PM

13 posts, read 50,313 times
Shame on you! how can you say things like that about your ex daughter inlaws! LOL. I don't have one "yet" but she went from fine to just plane fat! God i hope see won't ever see this! LOL, and my son hates it! but as we all know he better not say anything or he's going to get very hungry for a while! LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity