U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 07:27 PM

13 posts, read 49,852 times

Advertisements

Sorry, i have to disagree, if she looked good we he married her she should keep looking good for him! , I'm shur that was one of the things he was attracted to in the first place!, Lets see Parris Hilton gain a hundred pounds and see who wants her then! compaired to now.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 07:30 PM

Boy, you opened up a can of worms with that question! LOL, Good one!.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Oh, buy the way a little body paint can be fun! when your younger! i don't know about now! LOL. Sorry! it just came out!.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Well i never thought about it that way but you are 100% right so i guess us guys better hush! LOL, unless you are already single! LOL. I am so i'm good to go! LOL.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Well some do know days! yuk, LOL. My mother said when i asked her Yearsssss ago why i was all of a sudden gaining weight after i got married?, she just told me its was called satisfaction! LOL, never could quit figure that out sence she could'nt cook worth a flip! Lol.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:00 PM

To me thats how you really know if you are really loved!. I thought i would be married forever!, the first time but after 14 years and three kids later! when i lost my job after ten years, she decided to go find her a new guy! now after 18 years with him and his buissness got slow bam! she fines anouther new one!. oh well i guess thats what he gets for messing around in the first place!LOL.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:48 PM

1,837 posts, read 3,411,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceweevil View Post
One has to be very careful not to focus only on the external. My former daughter-in-law is very attractive on the outside but uglier than hell on the inside.
Yes, physical attraction is probably the 1st thing that catches most men's eyes [speaking from the male perspective] but for most guys there has to be more than physical beauty alone.
PLEASE read my entire post... I didn't ever say to focus only on the physical. But too many people throw the baby out with the bath water and there is no attention given what-so-ever to the physical. It is as if we only have a spirit and our body is invisible. This was the topic for the thread. I totally agree that the inward man or inside of a person is the MOST important but I just don't believe that God wants us to be fat, lazy, unattractive and into gluttony. No excuses it is sin as well as any other sin and it tells our mate that they are not important.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:10 AM

478 posts, read 600,467 times
Aye, this issue can go SO many different ways if we aren't careful...here's the deal. Being "beautiful" comes from the inside and radiates outward. And that means that if you love yourself and are confident that you are beautiful, it is likely that others will see you that way too. HOWEVER- that does not mean that one can forgo something like hygiene or being dressed nicely and appropriately. It should go without saying that taking care of one's appearance is part of the whole "package" of being attractive but, at the same time, I think some people place WAY too much emphasis on the "surface" beauty than is necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but most men do NOT care so much about the fake boobs, liposuction and so on. Most men want a woman who is attractive to THEM (and that differs from person to person), both inside and out. And it's the same for what women want. Me, I don't want some dork who thinks he's hot stuff just because he has a cool car and an expensive shirt, and I don't want a "primper". I want a MAN, and one who is good looking, confident and cool. Luckily that's just what I got. And I give him pretty much the same- badass but femine in one package...

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I do not think it is "shallow" of a man to want the woman he loves to look her best- within reason. He got with her because he was attracted to her, so it's only fair that she do her best to be the woman he was initially attracted to- again, within reason. Obviously nobody can help aging, or if she had a child, certainly her body might be a little different. But there's nothing wrong with a man wanting his woman to look nice and be sexy for him. It usually works in her favor to do that, anyway.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 AM

1,837 posts, read 3,411,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
Aye, this issue can go SO many different ways if we aren't careful...here's the deal. Being "beautiful" comes from the inside and radiates outward. And that means that if you love yourself and are confident that you are beautiful, it is likely that others will see you that way too. HOWEVER- that does not mean that one can forgo something like hygiene or being dressed nicely and appropriately. It should go without saying that taking care of one's appearance is part of the whole "package" of being attractive but, at the same time, I think some people place WAY too much emphasis on the "surface" beauty than is necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but most men do NOT care so much about the fake boobs, liposuction and so on. Most men want a woman who is attractive to THEM (and that differs from person to person), both inside and out. And it's the same for what women want. Me, I don't want some dork who thinks he's hot stuff just because he has a cool car and an expensive shirt, and I don't want a "primper". I want a MAN, and one who is good looking, confident and cool. Luckily that's just what I got. And I give him pretty much the same- badass but femine in one package...

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I do not think it is "shallow" of a man to want the woman he loves to look her best- within reason. He got with her because he was attracted to her, so it's only fair that she do her best to be the woman he was initially attracted to- again, within reason. Obviously nobody can help aging, or if she had a child, certainly her body might be a little different. But there's nothing wrong with a man wanting his woman to look nice and be sexy for him. It usually works in her favor to do that, anyway.
..and that goes both ways...women want attractive men (inside and out) as well. It is an old wives tale that women are not attracted to good looking men. Now once again I am not saying that women do not want a Godly man or a man of integrity... But oh my gosh..if you get the Godly man and he is built well, smells good and wears nice clothes ..you have yourself a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity