U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 PM

5,295 posts, read 4,945,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Salvation is from GOD....Jesus was the Savior God used to bring HIS salvation to us......HUGE DIFFERENCE....and not difficult to understand at all.
This, readers of the forum, is called deflection and presumptuous gymnastics.

The scripture is the final word.

God is the only Savior - Hos 13:3, Isa 45:21, 2 Sam 22:3, 1 Tim 4:10
Christ is the only Savior - Tit 1:4, Phil 3:20, 2 Tim 1:10, 2 Pet 1:1, 2 Pet 2:20

And many, many more.

Readers of the forum, you decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:24 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,520,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This, readers of the forum, is called deflection and presumptuous gymnastics.

The scripture is the final word.

God is the only Savior - Hos 13:3, Isa 45:21, 2 Sam 22:3, 1 Tim 4:10
Christ is the only Savior - Tit 1:4, Phil 3:20, 2 Tim 1:10, 2 Pet 1:1, 2 Pet 2:20

And many, many more.

Readers of the forum, you decide.
If I`m the salesman for a company and I go door to door selling their product,I am the face of the company. I am the spokesman for the company. I represent the company.When the consumer buys the product they are buying from me the salesman but they are really buying from the company from which the product originates. I`m not the owner of the company,but I am the vessel through which the consumer buys the product. When the consumer sees me,they see the company. I am the face of the company.
Yes,the scripture is the final word:

1 Cor. 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Who does this scripture say is the ONE GOD?
Then it makes a distinction between this ONE God and Jesus.
See that? A distinction is made continuosly throughout the NT between God the Father and Jesus. Jesus is the exact image of the Father. He came forth FROM the Father.
The writers of the bible could have made it crystal clear that God the Father was Jesus. They could have explicitly stated it over and over . But they didn`t. Jesus could have straightout have stated it , but he didn`t.
It`s always this scripture plus this scripture plus this scripture add up to equal Jesus as the Father. But there are many verses in and of themselves that seperate between the Father and Jesus.

Last edited by spm62; 01-07-2010 at 04:48 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM

4,881 posts, read 4,778,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If I`m the salesman for a company and I go door to door selling their product,I am the face of the company. I am the spokesman for the company. I reprsent the company.When the consumer buys the product they are buying from me the salesman but they are really buying from the company from which the product originates. I`m not the owner of the company,but I am the vessel through which the consumer buys the product. When the consumer sees me,they see the company. I am the face of the company.

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

See that? A distinction is made continuosly throughout the NT between God the Father and Jesus. Jesus is the exact image of the Father. He came forth FROM the Father.
The writers of the bible could have made it crystal clear that God the Father was Jesus. They could have explicitly stated it over and over . But they didn`t. Jesus could have straightout have stated it , but he didn`t.
It`s always this scripture plus this scripture plus this scripture add up to equal Jesus as the Father. But there are many verses in and of themselves that seperate between the Father and Jesus.
Amen...the scripture is the final word....and Jesus expressly stated numerous time that he was the Son of God....not GOD himself.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM

696 posts, read 723,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Amen...the scripture is the final word....and Jesus expressly stated numerous time that he was the Son of God....not GOD himself.
I guess the question is if he said he was God or even the Messiah for that matter would they have believed him? Or anyone else for that matter. There are many reasons The Lord lamented requests for signs and miracles. The idea is not as simple as looking to the scriptures. If you look at all 66 books it speaks for itself. One simply can not derive anything from one quote. Jesus is truely all 66 chapters, every word, and every meaning. The Word is God.

Make no mistake he is not looking to proclaim himself to the world. The world would not know him. If it did people would just be forced to accept his truth. He is looking for the faithful who believe in him even without signs and wonders.

Of course you might believe I was fed this from some evil doctrinal struggle, but the truth is faith points to nothing otherwise as does the Bible.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
If I`m the salesman for a company and I go door to door selling their product,I am the face of the company. I am the spokesman for the company. I represent the company.When the consumer buys the product they are buying from me the salesman but they are really buying from the company from which the product originates. I`m not the owner of the company,but I am the vessel through which the consumer buys the product. When the consumer sees me,they see the company. I am the face of the company.
Ths isn't scripture.

Quote:
Yes it is.

Quote:
Sealed. He is God.

Quote:
Because that is what there is...one God, who became man and is Lord and Savior.

Quote:
Of course it does, becasue God manifested Himself into a man, so that He could be seen.

Quote:
Something you will never undesrtand.

Quote:
They did make it crystal clear, but you, have not been quickened in to believing so.

Are you a JW?

Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 PM

8,430 posts, read 7,762,187 times
Quote:

Because that is what there is...one God, who became man and is Lord and Savior.

Of course it does, becasue God manifested Himself into a man, so that He could be seen.
What a great hoax! Send yourself as someone else then make it the greatest mystery by not outright declaring who you are so you can bring others to yourself... LOL I don't think that was "the plan." But that is what comes of making man into God or God into man.. it just gets more confusing.. God is not confusing, IMO.

Quote:
They did make it crystal clear, but you, have not been quickened in to believing so.
And now the argument that someone is less informed about the subject or not enlightened... nice come back!

Quote:
Are you a JW?
What would this matter? JW or Muslim or Buddhist... Does Orthodox Christianity have a lease on God like the Jews did? When is the Christian lease up? Remember what happened to the Jews when God revoked their lease for nonpayment? LOL

Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 PM

Kat, SPM, and Christy,

Provide us here an detailed exegesis of why you believe this.
Not just one verse or two taken out of context, but analyze the language, to prove your case.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:26 PM

696 posts, read 723,248 times
There is a difference between Christianity and Churchianity much like there is a difference between Christianity and any other religon. The Jews didnt have their lease revoked for non-payment as there is nothing they or we can pay for that matter.

Look to 1 Corinthians 18 - 23 before applying logic when having none.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
There is a difference between Christianity and Churchianity much like there is a difference between Christianity and any other religon. The Jews didnt have their lease revoked for non-payment as there is nothing they or we can pay for that matter.

Look to 1 Corinthians 18 - 23 before applying logic when having none.
That is exactly my point.. no one has a lease on God... No one should disparage another religion when there is no exclusivity in God.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Kat, SPM, and Christy,

Provide us here an detailed exegesis of why you believe this.
Not just one verse or two taken out of context, but analyze the language, to prove your case.
Ok.. I think it would be best to DM right? or do you think you have the ability to address every point I make on the thread?

I have tried to go in depth but all you do is state how un-enlightened I am or something similar. But if you truly want to debate I have no problem with doing all that work to spell it out for you...

So what do you want.. an outline that you can address or do you want me to go the long route? Either way if you are going to give a one-liner as a response stating that there is something wrong with me personally then I would rather not bother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity