U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 07:58 PM

26,929 posts, read 17,609,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
This is true, but do you know what this verse means?

It means that when you are a king of your castle, so to speak, and you answer to the King of kings, living righteously in Love, then your enemy doesn't have much of a choice but to live in peace with you. Why?

Because EVERYONE in the Body of Christ lives as you do as well, pleasing to God. Hense, since there are so many kings, and a King above them,,,how then can your enemy conquer you? They can't. Therefore, when kingdoms of this earth were set up in a Godly way, with Jesus as King, then really there is nothing to worry about. It has always been this way, and always will.

I just pray that more will see this, and wake up.
Interesting

It's really amazing what the effects of being at peace with God can have with those that come in to contact with us , the peace of God in us can diffuse any situation.

When i read the gospels i don't read of the so called sinner being the enemy of Jesus but religion , if God is for something religion is certainly against it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 10:04 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,132,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Interesting

It's really amazing what the effects of being at peace with God can have with those that come in to contact with us , the peace of God in us can diffuse any situation.

When i read the gospels i don't read of the so called sinner being the enemy of Jesus but religion , if God is for something religion is certainly against it.
I agree pcamps.

Religion is authority, like government is forceful authority. Or just force. These would be an enemy of those who follow Christ Jesus, as their King.

Sinners on the other hand, who desire to listen to the Gospel, and desire to be set free,,,love the good news. But even if they really are not softened to the gospel, they love what Christians do out of their love for them. But the more that people love it,,,the more authority hates it. Hense,,,the "world" will hate those who follow Christ as their ONLY King.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity