U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:03 PM
 
1,468 posts, read 1,825,529 times
Reputation: 642

Advertisements

Warren Smith, a former New Ager and expert on the New Age movement, speaks about the false doctrine that has infiltrated into mainstream Christian churches.

Confused and troubled about some of the things you are seeing at your church and reading on this forum for that matter? This video will help you understand what is really going on.

It is broken down into two parts and is essential viewing for ALL orthodox Christians.

Watch and learn:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PStq...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,332,813 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Warren Smith, a former New Ager and expert on the New Age movement, speaks about the false doctrine that has infiltrated into mainstream Christian churches.

Confused and troubled about some of the things you are seeing at your church and reading on this forum for that matter? This video will help you understand what is really going on.

It is broken down into two parts and is essential viewing for ALL orthodox Christians.

Watch and learn:
Jesus knew that 2000 years later people would want peace? Yet Jesus didn't even know about the time of his own coming?

Interesting. I think this guy is passionate about what he believes but needs to rethink his words a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,537,126 times
Reputation: 843
Right. Can't have no terrible world peace. God hates that peace stuff, right?

Look - delusional new age dreamers are not the problem. People refusing to treat others as they would like to be treated themselves is the problem. This fruit of peaceful co-habitation “Whatsoever you would have men do unto you, do also unto them” is touted by Jesus to be the end all with regards to proper living. Why can't Christians just accept that and deal with real problems instead of imaginary phantom new age devils?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
 
1,468 posts, read 1,825,529 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Jesus knew that 2000 years later people would want peace? Yet Jesus didn't even know about the time of his own coming?

Interesting. I think this guy is passionate about what he believes but needs to rethink his words a little.

I don't think you will get very much out of this video, Katjonjj, so it's probably not worth your time, but there are others reading who will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,395,621 times
Reputation: 746
YUP! names like Rick Warren and Robert Schuller definitely are culprits of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 PM
 
37,115 posts, read 24,963,118 times
Reputation: 5825
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Right. Can't have no terrible world peace. God hates that peace stuff, right?

Look - delusional new age dreamers are not the problem. People refusing to treat others as they would like to be treated is the problem.
Well said, firstborn. Superstitious followers of stagnant primitive dogma and doctrine that ignores the knowledge gained over 2000+ years and the truth "written in our hearts" . . . have no conception of God's love and the message of His son Jesus. They still harbor the fear born of the devil to keep God's love out of their hearts and savage descriptions of our God born out of primitive ignorance and human emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
 
1,468 posts, read 1,825,529 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Why can't Christians just accept that and deal with real problems instead of imaginary phantom new age devils?
What a coincidence!

In Smith's testimony on this video he addresses this very same lie -- that evil and sin and the devil do not exist.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid, folks!!! Put on the full armor of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:55 PM
 
1,468 posts, read 1,825,529 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Right. Can't have no terrible world peace. God hates that peace stuff, right?

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

1 Thessalonians 5:3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,537,126 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
What a coincidence!

In Smith's testimony on this video he addresses this very same lie -- that evil and sin and the devil do not exist.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid, folks!!! Put on the full armor of God.
Ironic coincidence indeed. Paint an affront on religious correctness as true evil while true evil (oppression, slaughter, starving children etc) gets a free pass.

There is some kool-aid being served up here for sure.

Look DS, I am almost positive you have a pure heart in these matters but I am just trying to help connect REAL 'righteousness' with reality. Again, delusional new agers are NOT the problem even though preachers can make a good living raising a war cry against these peaceful dreamers who are hurting no one.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called the children of God."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 12:58 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,395,621 times
Reputation: 746
There is a misconception among Christians that the devil wants us to worship Him, that's not true, the devil is not dumb He knows that could not happen directly, He couldn't care if we believe in him in fact he prefers we didn't. His intention is for mankind to take its attention off God and the gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top