Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,049 times

Advertisements

From 2 Clement (Yes, I believe this text is inspired):

CHAP. XIV.--THE CHURCH SPIRITUAL.

So, then, brethren, if we do the will of our Father God, we shall be members of the first church, the spiritual,--that which was created before sun and moon; but if we shall not do the will of the Lord, we shall come under the Scripture which saith, "My house became a den of robbers." So, then, let us elect to belong to the church of life, that we may be saved. I think not that ye are ignorant that the living church is the body of Christ (for the Scripture, saith, "God created man male and female;" the male is Christ, the female the church,) and that the Books and the Apostles teach that the church is not of the present, but from the beginning. For it was spiritual, as was also our Jesus, and was made manifest at the end of the days in order to save us. The church being spiritual, was made manifest in the flesh of Christ, signifying to us that if any one of us shall preserve it in the flesh and corrupt it not, he shall receive it in the Holy Spirit. For this flesh is the type of the spirit; no one, therefore, having corrupted the type, will receive afterwards the antitype. Therefore is it, then, that He saith, brethren, "Preserve ye the flesh, that ye may become partakers of the spirit." If we say that the flesh is the church and the spirit Christ, then it follows that he who shall offer outrage to the flesh is guilty of outrage on the church. Such an one, therefore, will not partake of the spirit, which is Christ. Such is the life and immortality, which this flesh may afterwards receive, the Holy Spirit cleaving to it; and no one can either express or utter what things the Lord hath prepared for His elect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 12:59 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Can you elaborate as to what you are getting at so I can comment? Intriguing quote.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
All spirits of the earth live in the flesh realm. All demons, devils, evils spirits, powers of darkness, rulers of darkness are compatible in the flesh realm which is on the earth , spiritual wickedness of the high places are not compatible with man or any animal and are a high hazard if one gets on people. they are the fallen angel that the Lord God kicked out of Heaven..... Jesus can clean them all with ease through his spirit. The hard one to clean are on people who will not confess Jesus as Lord, or too sick to get help, you need to pray and fast for faith to clean these people. ....The flesh realm is a area were these spirits can go into man, and powers of darkness, will give these spirits power to do that. In deliverances though Jesus, Bind up the power of darkness and demons can not get to you...... You should go to the Lord for a clearer faith in his redemption for your ministries. He will tell you what to do and say in you prayers

Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Can you elaborate as to what you are getting at so I can comment? Intriguing quote.

Hi Katjonjj. As far as elaborating... The Spirit is God's Spirit (The Father's Spirit). It isn't some OTHER person. In other words, Jesus came having the Father's very own Spirit. Recall that when your children are born they have your attributes in the flesh. This is TELLING you something. Think about it. God designed this - not man. Reproduction is even designed by God - so why does it happen the way it is? - remember it is a type of how God reproduces His Children. I rest in Christ. It is Him that rescues me from me (Satan). Thank you Lord for destroying me.

Paul

Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Katjonjj. As far as elaborating... The Spirit is God's Spirit (The Father's Spirit). It isn't some OTHER person. In other words, Jesus came having the Father's very own Spirit. Recall that when your children are born they have your attributes in the flesh. This is TELLING you something. Think about it. God designed this - not man. Reproduction is even designed by God - so why does it happen the way it is? - remember it is a type of how God reproduces His Children. I rest in Christ. It is Him that rescues me from me (Satan). Thank you Lord for destroying me.

Paul
Yes and having that Spirit can be passed on to your children in the way that you raise them. So really you become a child of God when the spirit is present.

No one would say that my spirit is separate from my body.. yet God's spirit is? I mean if God is Spirit then how can his spirit be separate.. makes no sense at all.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yes and having that Spirit can be passed on to your children in the way that you raise them. So really you become a child of God when the spirit is present.

No one would say that my spirit is separate from my body.. yet God's spirit is? I mean if God is Spirit then how can his spirit be separate.. makes no sense at all.
It is about ownership. For example, I often saying that Jesus is the copyright owner of all GOOD works. Therefore, we can never take credit for any Good thing we do - because those Good works are owned by Jesus Christ - He is the copyright owner. He therefore, gets all the Glory. God owns the spirit that is exhibited by Love - doing unto others as you want done unto you. If your exhibiting that spirit then you have the Holy Spirit. It isn't your own spirit because your spirit is ALWAYS wickedness which hopefully by putting on His Spirit yours is utterly destroyed and doesn't return.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:12 AM

45,557 posts, read 27,160,554 times
No, the OP is not inspired.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No, the OP is not inspired.
Why do you think it isn't?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:22 AM

45,557 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
From 2 Clement (Yes, I believe this text is inspired):

CHAP. XIV.--THE CHURCH SPIRITUAL.

So, then, brethren, if we do the will of our Father God, we shall be members of the first church, the spiritual,--that which was created before sun and moon; but if we shall not do the will of the Lord, we shall come under the Scripture which saith, "My house became a den of robbers."
This refers to Israel. They are his house. This does not refer to Gentiles.

Quote:
So, then, let us elect to belong to the church of life, that we may be saved. I think not that ye are ignorant that the living church is the body of Christ (for the Scripture, saith, "God created man male and female;" the male is Christ, the female the church,) and that the Books and the Apostles teach that the church is not of the present, but from the beginning. For it was spiritual, as was also our Jesus, and was made manifest at the end of the days in order to save us. The church being spiritual, was made manifest in the flesh of Christ, signifying to us that if any one of us shall preserve it in the flesh and corrupt it not, he shall receive it in the Holy Spirit.
Nothing that is spiritual is preserved in the flesh. The flesh is corrupted.

Quote:
For this flesh is the type of the spirit; no one, therefore, having corrupted the type, will receive afterwards the antitype. Therefore is it, then, that He saith, brethren, "Preserve ye the flesh, that ye may become partakers of the spirit."
Where is this said?

Quote:
If we say that the flesh is the church and the spirit Christ, then it follows that he who shall offer outrage to the flesh is guilty of outrage on the church. Such an one, therefore, will not partake of the spirit, which is Christ. Such is the life and immortality, which this flesh may afterwards receive, the Holy Spirit cleaving to it; and no one can either express or utter what things the Lord hath prepared for His elect.
The flesh is not the church. The spirit is the Holy Spirit. Christ is Christ.

What's the point is of this statement anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity