U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 12:47 PM

5,295 posts, read 4,956,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caucazhin View Post
And suppose when Jesus came back in 70 A.D. He came through the Eastern Gate as prophesied and everyone bowed

"And every knee will bow"
You misinterpret the scripture.

From Preterist:

Furthermore, nowhere does the Bible say that Every Knee Shall Bow. The passage actually says "every knee SHOULD bow." In the context of Philippians 2, Paul clearly establishes the worthiness of Christ. He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. THEREFORE, God highly exalted Him and gave Him a name that is above every name, that at that name every knee is obligated to bow. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to whom everyone OWES honor. Because of all that He has done for mankind and because what He did fully pleased the Father, we all SHOULD bow and all tongues SHOULD confess. It does not say that all SHALL, but that all SHOULD!

Secondly,

I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness and shall not return, thatto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath." (Isaiah 45:23).

Now, beginning in the chart from right to left, we can see how the N.T. connects this O.T. text, demonstrating that N.T. eschatology is the fulfillment of O.T. prophecy.

"For it is written; "As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:11, 12)

This text leads to 2 Corinthians 5:10:

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ that each one may receive the things done the body, according to what he has done whether good or bad." (2 Cor. 5:10)

What is significant with the Corinthians text is the infusion of the Holy Spirit. Those who come to judgment received the Holy Spirit, 2 Corinthians 5:5, thus, Joel’s prophecy is also critical here.

"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh…Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord…For behold, in those days and at that time, when I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; and I will enter into judgment with them there…" (Joel 2:28-3:2)

Next in this line of reasoning is the inclusion of the judgment of all nations which is tied to the work of the Holy Spirit.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment…" (John 16:7-11)

This judgment of all the nations would then lead us to Matthew 25:31-32, thereby connecting the two passages on this theme.

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him…"

The gathering of all the nations is admittedly the judgment of Romans 14:11-12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10, therefore it points directly to Isaiah 45:23, for that is the origin of those texts.

In addition, it confirms that Matthew 24 cannot be divided because the work of the Holy Spirit is consummated in A.D. 70, as is, the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, Luke 21:20-22.

Hence, Matthew 16:27-28, For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with all his angels.

Then he shall reward each one according to his works. "Assuredly, I say to you, that there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom"

Quote:
psychcoh Mike
Quote:
your name serves you well

preterists are full of such nosnensical dribble its pathetic
Now that wasn't very nice. We can say the same thing about you, but do we? Fututrism is NOT a harmonization of the scriptures, and in fact, it is a teleportration of postponed prophecy into the 21st Century, therefore applying the prophecies and prophets, including Jesus Christ, termed False. Better get back to your Bible.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 12:52 PM

303 posts, read 462,870 times
Fututrism is NOT a harmonization of the scriptures

neither is your preterist dribble

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Fututrism is NOT a harmonization of the scriptures

neither is your dribble
Good grief, what planet are you from?

Back your dribble up with scripture. Otherwise, your dribble is without substance.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Back up Romans 14 with scripture, and provide me and everyone else here an exegesis of your claim, otherwise, you are breathing in the wind with dribble.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Good grief, what planet are you from? planet preterism the planet of blind leading the blind ??

Romans 14 is scripture....
every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God

Old 12-26-2009, 01:44 PM

187 posts, read 249,628 times
Quote:
And suppose when Jesus came back in 70 A.D. He came through the Eastern Gate as prophesied and everyone bowed

"And every knee will bow"

psychcoh Mike your name serves you well

preterists are full of such nosnensical dribble its pathetic
Ooooohhh...I'll have to try this tactic sometime. It totally adds credibility to your view.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Good grief, what planet are you from? planet preterism the planet of blind leading the blind ??

Romans 14 is scripture....
every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God

Back it up with an exegesis of it...how hard is that?

Shall is not in the language...but bow is - kamptō

This is a primary verb, an action not denoting a future tense.

And is Confess - exomologeō

Which is also an action not denoting future tense either.

Some uses of of - pas - every, all, some, collectively

'The whole world is gone after him.'

Did all the world go after Christ?

'Then went all Judea, and were baptized of him in Jordan.'

Was all Judea, or all Jerusalem baptized in Jordan?

'Ye are of God, little children', and 'the whole world lieth in the wicked one.'

Does 'the whole world' there mean everybody?

If so, how was it, then, that there were some who were 'of God?'

The words 'world' and 'all' are used in some seven or eight senses in Scripture; and it is very rarely that 'all' means all persons, taken individually.

The words are generally used to signify that Christ has redeemed some of all sorts—some Jews, some Gentiles, some rich, some poor, and has not restricted his redemption to either Jew or Gentile.

You are way out of your league caucazhin.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:57 PM

soto you strain out a nat and swallow a camel...

your puffed up with false knowledge and arrogance

Old 12-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
soto you strain out a nat and swallow a camel...

your puffed up with false knowledge and arrogance

LOL..is that all you got?

You won't get very far with pomp and circumstance.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 PM

187 posts, read 249,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
LOL..is that all you got?

You won't get very far with pomp and circumstance.
Come on Scio...Don't be mean. This type of rhetoric is all they got. They certainly don't have the Bible on there side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity