Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Someone brought up an interesting point in one of the threads, that God hears humble prayers whoever it is. I agree God answers prayers according to His will John 5:14-15 and He hears the prayers of salvation from unbelievers but does God answer worldy prayers of unbelievers?

Please give scripture to support your view. Check opinion at the door.

UPDATE: Would you tell an unbeliever for e.g. if there love one is sick, that they should pray without explaining prayer to them and what if the loved one continues to get sick or worse, he or she dies? what then?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 11-09-2009 at 02:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Someone brought up an interesting point in one of the threads, that God hears humble prayers whoever it is. I agree God answers prayers according to His will John 5:14-15 and He hears the prayers of salvation from unbelievers but does God answer worldy prayers of unbelievers?

Please give scripture to support your view. Check opinion at the door.
God does not answer wordly or carnal prayers of anyone...whether they are believers or nonbelievers.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:04 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Unbelievers don't pray to god.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and He saveth them out of their distresses. (Psa 107:17-19)

There's as much evidence of the Lord NOT answering His own people. Seems He has a purpose that is higher than ours...

Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death. Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and He saveth them out of their distresses. (Psa 107:17-19)

There's as much evidence of the Lord NOT answering His own people. Seems He has a purpose that is higher than ours...
I hear gnashing of teeth

Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I agree with Christy that unbelievers do not pray..However if an unbeliever prays, he is seeking God and is heard loud and clear by Him

Old 11-09-2009, 02:22 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Exo 22:22 You shall not afflict an orphan or a widow.
Exo 22:23 If you afflict him, if he at all cries to Me, hearing I will hear his cry,

I would say an orphan or widow are in very good hands when they cry to the Lord. Worldly or not, believers or otherwise, the Lord says if afflicted, He hears their cry.

Psa 145:9 Jehovah is good to all; and His tender mercies are over all His works.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:42 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Would you tell an unbeliever for e.g. if there love one is sick, that they should pray without explaining prayer to them and what if the loved one continues to get sick or worse, he or she dies? what then?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Psalm 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear.

Isaiah 59:1-3
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perversity.

Micah 3:4
Then they will cry to the Lord, but He will not hear them; He will even hide His face from them at that time, because they have been evil in their deeds.

Psalm 18:41
They cry out, but there was none to save; even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.

Lamentation 3:8
Even when I cry and shout, He shuts out my prayer.

Jeremiah 11:11
Therefore thus says the Lord: "Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will not listen to them.

Jeremiah 14:11-12
Then the Lord said to me, "Do not pray for this people, for their good. When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. But I will consume them by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.

Proverbs 1:22-33
22. How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
23. Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.
24. Because I have called and you refused,
I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,
25. Because you disdained all my counsel,
And would have none of my rebuke,
26. I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when your terror comes,
27. When your terror comes like a storm,
And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,
When distress and anguish come upon you.
28. “ Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
29. Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the LORD,
30. They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.
31. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,
And be filled to the full with their own fancies.
32. For the turning away of the simple will slay them,
And the complacency of fools will destroy them;
33. But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
And will be secure, without fear of evil.”

Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Would you tell an unbeliever for e.g. if there love one is sick, that they should pray without explaining prayer to them and what if the loved one continues to get sick or worse, he or she dies? what then?
Acts 16:31: "you and your house shall be saved".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity