U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM

6,512 posts, read 9,882,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Oh, no. I didn't die for you.
That's good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 11:01 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,239,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
That's good to know.
But with Jesus it's not so good to know that he died. The clock has to be turned back every Sunday morning.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
But with Jesus it's not so good to know that he died.
Why not? We're saved by his death, no?

Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
It's so obvious that you know little about Catholicism. But beyond that, you display a characteristic that I find intolerable -- you just basically said that Catholics aren't saved. Who are you to make such a judgment?
Someone who wants Catholics to be saved, perhaps. Are people to suspend all critical faculties where Catholicism is concerned?

The Catholic going to Mass says, "I need a sacrifice for forgiveness of my sins, so that I can be in Christ." But as soon as he's taken Mass, he may sin again, and he is out of Christ until he takes Mass again. This is why wealthy medievals had Mass many times a day.

Christians, however, rest in the assurance that there is no condemnation for them, because all their sins are forgiven, and while they have faith, they have assurance of salvation.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Catholics believe the Holy Spirit works in all of us
So you have God himself guiding you, but you take orders from a sinner. Those who are truly born again need no-one at all to tell them how to live, and if they take any note of others, they make sure that those others show the fruits of the Spirit before they will even consider what they say. A 'pope' is not even known to the saints, so cannot possibly considered as as one from whom advice may be sought.

Quote:
In addition, if your system of truth was working there would be ONE Church, and ONE set of doctrinal truths.
There is. That is what frightens denominational leaders- especially the Vatican.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,178,953 times
Quote:
So you have God himself guiding you, but you take orders from a sinner. Those who are truly born again need no-one at all to tell them how to live, and if they take any note of others, they make sure that those others show the fruits of the Spirit before they will even consider what they say. A 'pope' is not even known to the saints, so cannot possibly considered as as one from whom advice may be sought.

There is. That is what frightens denominational leaders- especially the Vatican.
One protestant church, really? Besides a legal or political future, you also have a future in comedy. You clearly are getting way more attention than you deserve.

Peace.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
One protestant church, really?
One church of the born again; having members in Prot denominations and outside them; which holds the Protestant tenets, that exclude Catholics, Orthodox and every other flavor.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Peace.
No peace. Catholics claim to have God himself guiding them, yet they take orders from a sinner.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,413,812 times
Quote:
Did he?
Jesus joined forgiveness of sins to faith and Baptism when he said that if anyone believed and was baptized they would be saved (Mk. 16:15-16). Baptism is the first sacrament of forgiveness.
Forgiveness of Sins

And since you ignored this part of my statement I'll post this. Jesus telling the Apostles to go out and forgive the sins of the people, and the power do and authority to do it.

John 20
21Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...20&version=NIV

So how then all are sins, past present and future forgiven, if the Apostles were told to go out and forgive them.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
No peace. Catholics claim to have God himself guiding them, yet they take orders from a sinner.
Christ was a sinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity