U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

4,439 posts, read 7,742,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Marriage is between one man and one woman, you are trying to twist and turn.
No Robin. I'm pointing out the HUGE GAPING HOLE IN YOUR LOGIC.

You said "being gay isn't a sin". Your words.. not mine. I didn't say those words Robin.

So if for instance two elderly "gay" women wanted to get married then you should have no problem with it.

Cause.. two 80 yr olds ain't havin' sex Robin.

so.. you would be fine with them getting married. Bravo.. you are more progressive than I first thought

Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Read your own statements you prove yourself wrong and need no help from me.

I have answered but you do not like my answers because they prove you wrong.
Translation: "I can't find a time when I proved you wrong"

By continuing to simply reply to this particular post without any evidence of you proving me wrong means I'll just have to assume you have An Overview of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Old 03-24-2010, 01:26 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,651,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

You said "being gay isn't a sin". Your words.. not mine. I didn't say those words Robin.

So if for instance two elderly "gay" women wanted to get married then you should have no problem with it.

so.. you would be fine with them getting married. Bravo.. you are more progressive than I first thought
No hole just clarification. No marriage is between one man and one woman, period.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,651,784 times
Quote:
Translation: "I can't find a time when I proved you wrong"

By continuing to simply reply to this particular post without any evidence of you proving me wrong means I'll just have to assume you have An Overview of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Read the Bible and the quote I have repeatedly offered and you will see where I have proved you wrong.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Read the Bible and the quote I have repeatedly offered and you will see where I have proved you wrong.
OCD is treatable. Get help.

Anywho...

any chance you answer this question?

Quote:
2. However, for giggles lets assume that it is. How many other sins do you so vehemently campaign against such that the rights of individuals are stripped per the laws of this country?
and maybe comment on this:

Quote:

you know.. for sake of not killing this thread..

Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,260,973 times
too late.....

It's done turned trollish...

Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM

894 posts, read 897,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
If you are Christian and you 100% support gay rights and equality, up to and including marriage, then how do you reconcile that belief with your faith? Do you encounter condemnation from your fellow Christians because of your views?
I'm Christian. I support gay rights, and gay marriage.

The same God that created me, created gays too. God loves all of His children, equally. I really don't care whether or not my other Christian friends have a problem with my views. I'm an individual, and think for myself.

God has a plan for each and every one of us. It's not up to us to question His judgment, nor cast judgment upon others when we ourselves are not perfect, and are sinners as well.

God teaches us to love one another as He has loved us and to forgive one another our trespasses as He has forgiven us.

The Lord forgave the evil men that hung His only son from a cross, and left him there to die. If God can have a heart so big such as to forgive a crime such as this, how can we as mortals not be willing to forgive lesser discretions against our brothers and sisters?

Gay people didn't just wake up one day and say, "hey, I think I'll become sexually attracted to someone the same sex as I am."

No one makes that "choice" ... it's something biological, as in, they're born that way.

God made us all, He doesn't make mistakes, and He doesn't make garbage.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 PM

310 posts, read 459,076 times
Bravo, {geek}!! You are a lovely example of Christianity. Thank you, I only wish more christians were loving and accepting like you are and like Jesus would be.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM

13,328 posts, read 20,183,500 times
closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity