U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 PM

159 posts, read 194,764 times

Advertisements

I did not say we should kill them lol. I said they will receive the same punishment. The bible puts homosexuality in the same category as murderers and haters of God in the verses i just posted. How do you get around that? God said it so it's true.

The point is, the bible shows it is wrong so you nor I have a right to say it's ok.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,680,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeam2009 View Post
"sanspuer" how can you compare those two very different things. but like i mentioned before just because the bible says kill someone doesnt mean actually kill them. quit taking the bible so literally! its not about what it says its about the meaning!
It wan't I that suggested that Christians were being charitable because they do not kill homosexuals...If that "law" were to be invoked, why not all the other of God's laws that call for death....How can all be ignored in favour of one? I thought Christians believed that all God's laws were equal....I guess not.

I think it is rather convenient of Christians to ignore certain laws, like the one about death to those that work on the sabbath, in favour of the one law that supports Christian pedjudice and bigotry, Not only convenient, but dishonest.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 PM

6 posts, read 7,256 times
i went to a catholic school and what we were taught as catholics is that now a days you cant just not work on sunday if your job requires you to. am i right? if you refuse to work on sunday your going to get fired. and im pretty sure God doesnt want us to get fired. so we dont just ignore certain laws but if i go to hell for working on sunday ... well thats just to bad i would have to put up with homos untill the second coming.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,680,506 times
Christian churches that accept same sex marriage.

Due to its "local option", a number of congregations and ministers of the United Church of Canada (a merger of Congregationalist, Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in Canada following presbyterian polity) officiate at same-sex marriages, which are fully legal in Canada.

In the Anglican Communion, Integrity Toronto has been divided over whether to continue pressing for same-sex blessings, or to revise their goals to seek full marriage rights.

The Church of Sweden will perform full same-sex marriages beginning from November 2009. It previously blessed same-sex couples using a different ceremony.

The predominantly gay Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches performs same-sex marriages.

The Mennonite Church in the Netherlands offers marriage to both heterosexual and same-gender couples.

The Unitarian Universalists perform same-sex marriages.

The Swedenborgian Church of North America allows ministers to choose whether to perform same-sex marriages.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:48 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,361,474 times
I am not for a sinful marriage.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM

51,292 posts, read 50,539,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another (notice it is mutual not rape); men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

You can not be a Christian and support the sin of homosexuality. Those who practice such are going to suffer the same punishment as murders, liars, haters of God, etc. We love them and so does God but they are sinning.
Thank you for a good example of why I don't believe the bible to be the infallible word of God, but rather the word of men.

The guy who wrote those passages once used that same type of religious interpretation and gift of language to justify the killing of Christians. Once Paul joined his former enemies, the hatred simply transferred over to other groups.

You do not "love them".

Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 AM

142 posts, read 436,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonG View Post

You can not be a Christian and support the sin of homosexuality. Those who practice such are going to suffer the same punishment as murders, liars, haters of God, etc. We love them and so does God but they are sinning.
Moderator cut: inappropriate word and off topic What do you do about the people out there who are gay as can be, in a loving, committed relationship for years, and who are pastors, elders, active in their congregation, etc? They are there, being Christ's body in the world. I hope they continue to live their lives and do what they do instead of paying any heed to people who say that they are not and cannot be Christians.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-31-2009 at 06:05 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 10:39 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,901,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeam2009 View Post
i dont think that Gods law meant to literally kill them, more that they will perish in the fires of hell thus causing thier souls to (in the eyes of God) be put to death. but thats my interpretation.
You might want to read the context, it is defintly physical death.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:46 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,035,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I am not for a sinful marriage.
If you think they are sinful, don't have one. I don't believe that it is your right, or the right of anyone, to tell someone else they can't be married. The U.S. is a republic, not a theocracy.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM

21,275 posts, read 20,878,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
If you are Christian and you 100% support gay rights and equality, up to and including marriage, then how do you reconcile that belief with your faith? Do you encounter condemnation from your fellow Christians because of your views?
I'm a Christian and I support gay rights, including marriage. I reconcile my point of view with my faith (although my faith is officially opposed to gay marriage ) because I don't believe that we have the right to deny anyone his or her civil rights. I view same-sex intimacy as sinful, but it's going to happen whether the people involved have the same rights under the laws of the land or not. Gays and lesbians are going to continue to have sex whether they're married or not. It's not going to affect my life if the gay couple next door has the same rights as the straight couple who lives on the other side of me. So, I say, let consenting adults do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, don't deny them the same civil rights any of the rest of us have, and let God decide what to do about "their behavior" after they die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or