U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 AM

21,446 posts, read 29,660,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I just love it when people play God's spokesman...
He doesn't need a spokesman, His Word speaks for it's self

Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM

2,616 posts, read 3,935,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I just love it when people play God's spokesman...
Especially when they speak it in truth and clarity!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,921,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Robin, I and many other Christians do not believe that the Bible is inerrant or literally the Word of God on all things. Martin Luther doubted that all the books of the current Bible were inspired by God, as did other great Christians through the ages. I and many Christians don't worship Paul's views or words, but do affirm the historic Nicean Creed. You might believe that the Bible is inerrant, but that doesn't mean that your view has a monopoly on Christian belief and practice. That is why we have different churches and denominations. There is diversity in Christianity, from progressive to fundamentalist. I am not a fundamentalist; in fact, I am an ex-fundamentalist young adult Christian.

As for the law, I don't believe that anyone's narrow religious beliefs should determine another person's civil and secular rights. Your religious beliefs should dictate your life, but not your neighbors who want nothing to do with your religious beliefs and have their own church, pastor, and beliefs. The government should not make law based upon any religious views. Same-sex marriage is indeed a human rights and civil rights issue. People should be free to legally marry without regard to sex/gender. I applaud those who don't use religion as an excuse to treat others inhumanely.

But does God bless sin? Can a Church sin? Is the Bible such a stumbling block to your personal view? Worship Pauls words or views? What of Jesus' word or views? What of the OT or NT? Where do you stop compromising the truth and still be a Christian?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM

2,951 posts, read 3,927,381 times
RobinD, perhaps you need to learn how to let go and let God. You are not the shepherd of other Christians' churches or beliefs. You don't have to believe what my pastor, denomination, or household believe. You're a fundamentalist, I am not. It's ok, as long as you learn how to step back and stop trying to impose your beliefs uninvited into others' lives, including the lives of other Christians. One sign of spiritual maturity is the ability to respect others who have different convictions and practices. The church is divided on the authority of the Bible, but that does not justify disrespect or incivility.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
RobinD, perhaps you need to learn how to let go and let God. You are not the shepherd of other Christians' churches or beliefs. You don't have to believe what my pastor, denomination, or household believe. You're a fundamentalist, I am not. It's ok, as long as you learn how to step back and stop trying to impose your beliefs uninvited into others' lives, including the lives of other Christians. One sign of spiritual maturity is the ability to respect others who have different convictions and practices. The church is divided on the authority of the Bible, but that does not justify disrespect or incivility.
Please answer my questions and stop accusing others of doing just what you are guilty of. I will serve God as He sees fit and will not stop to save someones feelings.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:14 PM

2,951 posts, read 3,927,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Please answer my questions and stop accusing others of doing just what you are guilty of. I will serve God as He sees fit and will not stop to save someones feelings.
And I answered your question above by setting forth my beliefs. I am not bound to answer your questions when you want me to, how you want me to. My focus is on dialoguing with the original, sincere poster and not on sidebars with anti-gay religious fundamentalists.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
And I answered your question above by setting forth my beliefs. I am not bound to answer your questions when you want me to, how you want me to. My focus is on dialoguing with the original, sincere poster and not on sidebars with anti-gay religious fundamentalists.
So you cant answer my questions because I am an anti-gay fundamentalist yet you can throw away any portion of the Bible that disagrees with your personal views. Typical. And by the way I am not anti-gay but anti-sin, but I would not expect you to notice the differance.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You people do realize that according to the law of God homosexuals should be put to death, so I think we are being very tolerant by allowing them to live. This said according to the word of God homsexuals are equal to murder and therefor have no civil right.

Seperation of Church and state is meant to keep the state out of church buisness and to ensure the Churches free reign, not the state free reign. I beleive many have it backwards.
I never said kill them, but I was being sarcastic.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:59 PM

30,057 posts, read 30,855,068 times
Quote:
I never said kill them, but I was being sarcastic.
So say you, but it sounds like hatred to me.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So say you, but it sounds like hatred to me.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or