U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:05 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,250,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
If you are Christian and you 100% support gay rights and equality, up to and including marriage, then how do you reconcile that belief with your faith? Do you encounter condemnation from your fellow Christians because of your views?
I'm in favor of civil unions or legal partnerships or whatever else someone wants to call it.
They should have the right to get divorced and lose 1/2 their stuff just like anyone else.
They should get the same benefits and rights as any other married couple.
I just don't agree with re-defining the word marriage.

An assistant manager of mine, whom is gay, even said, "You can't put an eraser on the end of a magic marker and call it a pencil".

Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM

4,083 posts, read 3,991,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not part of this but only to point out that Christians who are against homosexuality because its immoral are not against someone's rights or equality. Homosexuals have the exact same rights as everyone else if not more.
You are misinformed. Gay people do NOT have the same rights as married people when they are in a committed relationship.

When you can't get married and you live together you do not have the same rights as married people and that goes for anyone who is not married but lives with their significant other.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:36 PM

4,083 posts, read 3,991,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Wait a minute, I did not disrespect anyone yet you take it that way.LOL. So defensive arent you.
Originally Posted by RobinD69
Please answer my questions and stop accusing others of doing just what you are guilty of. I will serve God as He sees fit and will not stop to save someones feelings.

Others feelings don't matter to you? That is very disrespectful and no I am not defensive. I just called it like I saw it. You see I am the person that someone like you will see no problem approaching because you think I need saving and you don't care about my feelings.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:06 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,146,769 times
Quote:
If you are Christian and you 100% support gay rights and equality, up to and including marriage, then how do you reconcile that belief with your faith? Do you encounter condemnation from your fellow Christians because of your views?

Just about "anybody" is "Christian" today, so really, what are you truly asking....

Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,615,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Originally Posted by RobinD69
Please answer my questions and stop accusing others of doing just what you are guilty of. I will serve God as He sees fit and will not stop to save someones feelings.

Others feelings don't matter to you? That is very disrespectful and no I am not defensive. I just called it like I saw it. You see I am the person that someone like you will see no problem approaching because you think I need saving and you don't care about my feelings.
Did Jesus stop to consider someones feelings? No, but He did exaplain to them what they were doing wrong and told them to go and sin no more.

You really need to read the whole sentence I was speaking of God not myself.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM

310 posts, read 455,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Just about "anybody" is "Christian" today, so really, what are you truly asking....
Not so. Just under one third of the world identify themselves as christian, and even you christians can't agree who is a "true" christian. Plus conversions are steadily dropping while the ranks of the unbelievers and islam grow.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 PM

34,473 posts, read 22,115,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Did Jesus stop to consider someones feelings? No, but He did exaplain to them what they were doing wrong and told them to go and sin no more.
You are NOT Jesus, Robin . . . so you are too fallible to judge anyone else on ANY criteria for ANY reason, period.
Quote:
You really need to read the whole sentence I was speaking of God not myself.
You have no authority to speak for God and you will never understand Him if you use the primitive and savage descriptions of Jehovah as your guide. The "mind of Christ" is ALIVE and within each of us . . . if we sincerely seek it. He is the living Word of God . . . not those dead "letters" whose misunderstanding He came to correct. Jesus left us with an interpreter of what God has "written in our hearts." Use it . . . not the precepts and doctrines of men . . . "written in ink." The scriptures are USEFUL in aiding us to understand what God has "written in our hearts." We need to trust what is written there . . . not rationalize evil as Good for some mysterious reasons of God beyond our understanding.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,508,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I am another young adult Christian who supports same-sex marriage. There is no shortage of Christians who support gay marriage today, especially amongst the young, although even more should. After all, there are a growing number of churches that bless gay marriages today, especially in major cities, college towns, and in the Northeast and Pacific. Such Christians are not fundamentalists or rightwing evangelicals. Many Episcopal, Presbyterian, Lutheran (ELCA), United Church of Christ, and Quaker congregations bless gay unions today.
I've gone to several Presbyterian churches throughout my life and we absolutely don't believe in gay marriage. I don't know about the other denominations, but you can take Presbyterian off that list. I don't know where you heard that Presbyterians marry gays because they don't.

Christians should not support people being gay. I'm young and I know a lot of Christians and none of them support gays. I live in L.A. land of the liberals and there are plenty of people here who don't support gays. Supporting gays is supporting sin.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:13 PM

14,179 posts, read 20,977,546 times
Quote:
My entire church (and many other churches) fully support gay rights and gay marriage. Obviously I have no issue with it.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:14 PM

14,179 posts, read 20,977,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am not part of this but only to point out that Christians who are against homosexuality because its immoral are not against someone's rights or equality. Homosexuals have the exact same rights as everyone else if not more.
Yeah, like we get to park in special parking spaces, get extra tax refunds, 75% off all expensive designer jeans, and a free meal at Chilis the first Monday of every month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity