U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 AM

37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
How is it loving to condemn someone by justifying thier sin?
You have no authority to justify or not justify anyone else's sin. God judges. You are responsible for your own sins, period. I don't care how you view yourself, Robin . . . there is no way you are WITHOUT SIN . . . so you are in no position to cast ANY "stones" verbal or otherwise simply because you take a special interest in one particular sin. MYOB. God does NOT want anyone coerced . . it is ALL our own choice, period.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM

310 posts, read 488,280 times
Quote:

Well you must not have any badges becuse no one has condemned you, merely pointed out that you were wrong. You really need to think about that.
Shutting your mouth and not criticizing someone for how they were born is not "justifying" anything. For one, being gay is not a sin. For another, do you really honestly think that any gay person exists who hasn't had a christian bleat at them that they're a sinner going to hell?? THEY KNOW that you despise homosexuality. They KNOW that you think it's disgusting. So the only reason you could have for continuing to harp on them about it is to fulfill some perverse sense of holier than thou satisfaction you get from telling them that they're "sinners".

What other people do in their bedroom with another consenting adult is nobody's business. Look after your own life and let others do the same.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:49 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,900,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have no authority to justify or not justify anyone else's sin. God judges. You are responsible for your own sins, period. I don't care how you view yourself, Robin . . . there is no way you are WITHOUT SIN . . . so you are in no position to cast ANY "stones" verbal or otherwise simply because you take a special interest in one particular sin. MYOB. God does NOT want anyone coerced . . it is ALL our own choice, period.
I have never claimed to be without sin. I have not judged anyone. And I have not cast verbal stones. No one is being coerced. I merely share the word of God. How difficult is that to understand?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM

4,439 posts, read 8,060,710 times
Quote:
1. Because it isn't a sin.

2. However, for giggles lets assume that it is. How many other sins do you so vehemently campaign against such that the rights of individuals are stripped per the laws of this country?

When you can answer #2 above.. then and only then will I even entertain the thought that your motives concerning this issue have anything to do with "love".

Quote:
Well you must not have any badges becuse no one has condemned you
I didn't say that I did. I simply stated that having a condemnation from a group of Christians who are opposed to loving relationships would be a badge of honor.

Quote:
merely pointed out that you were wrong
what.are.you.talking.about?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
Shutting your mouth and not criticizing someone for how they were born is not "justifying" anything. For one, being gay is not a sin. For another, do you really honestly think that any gay person exists who hasn't had a christian bleat at them that they're a sinner going to hell?? THEY KNOW that you despise homosexuality. They KNOW that you think it's disgusting. So the only reason you could have for continuing to harp on them about it is to fulfill some perverse sense of holier than thou satisfaction you get from telling them that they're "sinners".

What other people do in their bedroom with another consenting adult is nobody's business. Look after your own life and let others do the same.
Do you see the venom and hate in your responce? Being gay is not a sin, acting on their inclinations is the sin. I havent told anyone that they are going to hell. I do not despise anything yet you think I do. Yes I know acting on homosexual desires is disqusting. I am far from holier than thou, as Paul said "I worst of all sinners".

Have I addressed the bedroom? No. I have merely shared Gods truth.

You really need help for that anger and hatred you have.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
1. Because it isn't a sin.?men having sex with men and women having sex with women? You trully cannot see the sin? What about a man having sex with a woman thats not his wife? You are clearly missing the point.

2. However, for giggles lets assume that it is. How many other sins do you so vehemently campaign against such that the rights of individuals are stripped per the laws of this country?I am against all sin as I have clearly stated repeatedly.

When you can answer #2 above.. then and only then will I even entertain the thought that your motives concerning this issue have anything to do with "love".See above.

I didn't say that I did. I simply stated that having a condemnation from a group of Christians who are opposed to loving relationships would be a badge of honor.You just did.

what.are.you.talking.about?
You have been wrong so often that I dont need to point out specifics. You can look in the Bible yourself and see just how wrong you are.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Being gay is not a sin
Then I assume you are all for two men being married as long as they don't have sex right?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
You have been wrong so often that I dont need to point out specifics.
Translation: "I can't find a time when I proved you wrong"

~golf clap~

Also Robin these are the questions I have outstanding with you:

Quote:
2. However, for giggles lets assume that it is. How many other sins do you so vehemently campaign against such that the rights of individuals are stripped per the laws of this country?
and

Quote:
Then I assume you are all for two men being married as long as they don't have sex right?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Marriage is between one man and one woman, you are trying to twist and turn.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Translation: "I can't find a time when I proved you wrong"

~golf clap~

Also Robin these are the questions I have outstanding with you:

and
Read your own statements you prove yourself wrong and need no help from me.

I have answered but you do not like my answers because they prove you wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or