U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:54 PM

19,022 posts, read 22,935,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
A bible can be as cheap as $3 and can be expensive into the hundreds. Just depends on which one she bought you.

I'll leave it at that since that's all the info you asked for.
Jamie, this can't be your boyfriend right??

<"really" runs for his life>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 04:58 PM

2,529 posts, read 3,587,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Jamie, this can't be your boyfriend right??

<"really" runs for his life>
Oh my goodness Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:21 PM

19,022 posts, read 22,935,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Oh my goodness Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!
Does it mean I can come back into the campus??

Old 12-27-2009, 05:44 PM

51,216 posts, read 27,023,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
I am just curious how much does a bible cost? They arn't totally free at a Church are they?

My girlfriend got me just a bible for Christmas. I went out and bought her earrings, clothes, dinner at a expensive restaurant, and more. I spent well over 250 for her, and she got me a bible. I think it is a used bible too.

She is trying to get me inducted into her church thing, and tells me that we can't get engaged unless I do, and bla bla bla. However, did she really just get me nothing for Christmas? Please tell me they are selling them for atleast over 50 dollars?
Heh-heh. This is very funny. You can get bibles for free or very little, but a nice one will cost hundreds. But that is not the point, because she got it for you because she believes the message in the Bible is priceless. I got one for my girlfriend years ago, and later she said it was one of the reasons she married me later. She still says it was the best present she ever got, and I got her some nice gifts later.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 PM

1,958 posts, read 4,434,635 times
She is right for getting you a Bible.

She is wrong for being involved with you if you're a non-believer, and she is a true believer. The Bible says no to this.

Obviously your materialistic and she is lacking discernment.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:52 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,287,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
I am just curious how much does a bible cost? They arn't totally free at a Church are they?

My girlfriend got me just a bible for Christmas. I went out and bought her earrings, clothes, dinner at a expensive restaurant, and more. I spent well over 250 for her, and she got me a bible. I think it is a used bible too.

She is trying to get me inducted into her church thing, and tells me that we can't get engaged unless I do, and bla bla bla. However, did she really just get me nothing for Christmas? Please tell me they are selling them for atleast over 50 dollars?

Great gift! The Bible she gave you will tell you about a gift that is totally utterly priceless. I'd spend some time reading it. Start in the book of John...

Bud

Old 12-27-2009, 06:18 PM

419 posts, read 319,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
She is right for getting you a Bible.

She is wrong for being involved with you if you're a non-believer, and she is a true believer. The Bible says no to this.

Obviously your materialistic and she is lacking discernment.
Well, I should be playing with a new IPod touch, or playing a new Wii Game. Instead I got this boring book. I will look for where it states that she shouldn't be with me. Thanks for your judgments.

I don't care if it is materialistic. I bust my hump and dipped into my savings for her. She picked up a free book one Sunday morning. Its cheap. I don't care what she believes in, but the gift of giving is not one of her values.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:21 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,249,500 times
So much for the "It's the thought that counts" sentiment, huh?!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:23 PM

419 posts, read 319,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
LOL! I'd be pissed too. +1 for OP. I feel your pain.

I'd consider if she's worth the trouble. You have to compromise your own logic and set of beliefs in order to get married? Some might consider that a double whammy.

Is it a Gideon's Bible? Maybe she ripped it from the night stand drawer at a hotel. LOL
Well, I figured I would go for a year or two and then eventually it would go away, and I can sleep in on Sunday's again.

I should have went out a bought her a rock and a stick.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:29 PM

2,558 posts, read 4,798,329 times
Generally, it's not the gift that counts, it's the thought! However, with a Bible, it's the gift that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity