U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,067 times

Advertisements

Depends on how it was printed and the materials used i guess..but some costs $6?

I can relate to your situation though..i have a boyfriend who is not a christian and now the church knows about him they gave me two choices..God or my boyfriend..its not hard to choose, but its hard to move on and let go maybe..i chose God because in Him you'll find all the happiness there is in life..but i love my boyfriend and encouraged him to study the bible. Why dont you try it..God Uses your girlfriend so He can reach and talk to you..give it a try..you wont lose anything! In fact you'll have more than what you have right now ^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 PM

855 posts, read 629,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_HillBilly View Post
I am just curious how much does a bible cost? They arn't totally free at a Church are they?

My girlfriend got me just a bible for Christmas. I went out and bought her earrings, clothes, dinner at a expensive restaurant, and more. I spent well over 250 for her, and she got me a bible. I think it is a used bible too.

She is trying to get me inducted into her church thing, and tells me that we can't get engaged unless I do, and bla bla bla. However, did she really just get me nothing for Christmas? Please tell me they are selling them for atleast over 50 dollars?
She's clearly looking for a convert, not a husband.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:18 PM

855 posts, read 629,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo14 View Post
Depends on how it was printed and the materials used i guess..but some costs $6?

I can relate to your situation though..i have a boyfriend who is not a christian and now the church knows about him they gave me two choices..God or my boyfriend..its not hard to choose, but its hard to move on and let go maybe..i chose God because in Him you'll find all the happiness there is in life..but i love my boyfriend and encouraged him to study the bible. Why dont you try it..God Uses your girlfriend so He can reach and talk to you..give it a try..you wont lose anything! In fact you'll have more than what you have right now ^^
The Holy Spirit works in His Time, not in ours. Absolutely the wrong approach!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:26 PM

I agree..and this is the right time i believe..ive invited him to go to the church before and he was able to start his first bible study..but said the he needs time to think about it..

Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,043,503 times
So how serious are you and how much are you joking?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
So how serious are you and how much are you joking?
Haha not sure though

Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,591,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_HillBilly View Post
I am just curious how much does a bible cost? They arn't totally free at a Church are they?

My girlfriend got me just a bible for Christmas. I went out and bought her earrings, clothes, dinner at a expensive restaurant, and more. I spent well over 250 for her, and she got me a bible. I think it is a used bible too.

She is trying to get me inducted into her church thing, and tells me that we can't get engaged unless I do, and bla bla bla. However, did she really just get me nothing for Christmas? Please tell me they are selling them for atleast over 50 dollars?

One of the signs of a Jerk guy is one that complains about his girl in public.

She should dump you.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,043,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
One of the signs of a Jerk guy is one that complains about his girl in public.

She should dump you.

Well, it depends on the reason for the complaint, how public and the sentiment behind the complaint.

I'm not completeley convince that this guy has a girlfriend! lol

If they he did and their relationship had any depth whatsover, whe would know his girlfriend well enough to have not been blindsided by such a gift!

Maybe they are just young and don't know what a waste of time it is to be in a relationship where each thinks they can profoundly change the other.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,591,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Well, it depends on the reason for the complaint, how public and the sentiment behind the complaint.

I'm not completeley convince that this guy has a girlfriend! lol

If they he did and their relationship had any depth whatsover, whe would know his girlfriend well enough to have not been blindsided by such a gift!

Maybe they are just young and don't know what a waste of time it is to be in a relationship where each thinks they can profoundly change the other.

Fair enough, I will clarify.

Based on the guys complaint, he's a jerk and she should dump him.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM

901 posts, read 1,917,661 times
You guys do realize this thread is over 2 years old now, don't you? Chances are the OP's situation has been resolved in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or