Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times

Advertisements

Even though this is one of the cheesiest videos you will ever see it begs to ask the question, Is Jesus our chum lifelong buddy? Please use at least one verse to support your answer.

YouTube - Jesus is a Friend of Mine

p.s. sorry that I got this song stuck in your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 12:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
James 2

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Hebrews 11
40God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Even though this is one of the cheesiest videos you will ever see it begs to ask the question, Is Jesus our chum lifelong buddy? Please use at least one verse to support your answer.

LOL...thanks. It will be stuck in My head...Jesus is a brother to all. He is a teacher to all. And yes, if you follow God's will, He can be a friend. I'm sure the Apostles were His friend, but they knew He was the Son of God, too.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
It serves us better to know Him as King, imo.

Quote:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He himself.
And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God. (Rev 19:11-13)

We serve a God whose name our ancestors could not even mention - where is our reverence today?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:13 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:12-15
There are many more. If you don't consider Christ your friend, you might not know Him.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
John 15:15You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.

I am a friend to Jesus because He first called us friend

Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am a friend to Jesus because He first called us friend
Strange how this one died.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Strange how this one died.
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I finally managed to get this song out of my head Oh well, it did however get "tardy for the party" out my head though

Old 01-01-2010, 07:07 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Sure John 15:15 says it all that Jesus said to thoughs who follow him and obey his commands........When I came to Jesus at conversion..... I heard a spirit say ``you are a good friend to me`` and this spirit said that to me many times.....Later Holy Spirit said it is antichrist, and through prayer and the Lord cleaning here, the spirit stopped saying it...... Today with regular cleaning of Christ for a walk with Jesus..... Demons that are dumb enought to come around here will say`` I don`t like you now`` and the prayer start every time to remove that curse out of my walk with Jesus. .... Stay clean.....

Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure John 15:15 says it all that Jesus said to thoughs who follow him and obey his commands........When I came to Jesus at conversion..... I heard a spirit say ``you are a good friend to me`` and this spirit said that to me many times.....Later Holy Spirit said it is antichrist, and through prayer and the Lord cleaning here, the spirit stopped saying it...... Today with regular cleaning of Christ for a walk with Jesus..... Demons that are dumb enought to come around here will say`` I don`t like you now`` and the prayer start every time to remove that curse out of my walk with Jesus. .... Stay clean.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity