U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-27-2009, 07:38 PM
 
2,558 posts, read 4,798,329 times
Reputation: 953

Advertisements

Why is it you rarely see a Catholic Church on a list like this?


NewsChannel 8
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
 
3,793 posts, read 4,445,926 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Why is it you rarely see a Catholic Church on a list like this?


NewsChannel 8

my bro and sil are from okc--i asked them and they said there is a strong anti catholic trend in their area----my bro and the missus are baptists---she pushed my brother into leaving catholicism and handing over his cajones at the same time---tho he wasn't much of a catholic to begin with
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
417 posts, read 274,842 times
Reputation: 269
I'll never understand anti-Catholicism. More like anti-understanding.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
594 posts, read 651,102 times
Reputation: 266
I believe Catholics with rare exceptions have not grasped the mission or composition of their religion. As Catholic children we were taught classes in grade school and high school and most were clueless as to doctrine,sacraments,contents of mass memorized catechism ,the role of rhe Pope or the meaning of thel latin Mass and other rituals. The reason is it was hard to make sense out of such a diverse amount of manmade add ons to an already complicated scripture so they taught the manmade stuff and the bible was meant for priests. The Catholic schools taught me well and I have fond memories of both grade school and high school ,but as I grew older I realized it was
a religion cursed by pagan manufactured doctrines and true biblical teachings. The nuns,priests and lay teachers were wonderful. The Catholic church has helped many
people worldwide who are hungry,homeless,orphaned or in need of love and compassion.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 12-27-2009 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: formating
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
417 posts, read 274,842 times
Reputation: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
I believe Catholics with rare exceptions have not grasped the mission or composition of their religion. As Catholic children we were taught classes in grade school and high school and most were clueless as to doctrine,sacraments,contents of mass memorized catechism ,the role of rhe Pope or the meaning of thel latin Mass and other rituals. The reason is it was hard to make sense out of such a diverse amount of manmade add ons to an already complicated scripture so they taught the manmade stuff and the bible was meant for priests. The Catholic schools taught me well and I have fond memories of both grade school and high school ,but as I grew older I realized it was
a religion cursed by pagan manufactured doctrines and true biblical teachings. The nuns,priests and lay teachers were wonderful. The Catholic church has helped many
people worldwide who are hungry,homeless,orphaned or in need of love and compassion.

Everything the Catholic Church teaches can easily be proved by support from the Bible.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 3,587,366 times
Reputation: 548
The link is empty?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,739 posts, read 7,287,133 times
Reputation: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Everything the Catholic Church teaches can easily be proved by support from the Bible.


Everything?

Ok then, if it is so "easy" to prove, do it. We're listening...



Bud
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:39 PM
 
3,793 posts, read 4,445,926 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Everything?

Ok then, if it is so "easy" to prove, do it. We're listening...



Bud

why the challenge?----if you need to find out about catholicism and its teachings inrelation to the bible----most catholic churches have bible study groups open to the public
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Western, Colorado
1,955 posts, read 1,794,307 times
Reputation: 1596
Which Catholic Church are you referring to with this thread? The Roman Church? American Catholic? Independent Catholic?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
417 posts, read 274,842 times
Reputation: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Everything?

Ok then, if it is so "easy" to prove, do it. We're listening...



Bud

Ask me a question. Please don't ask obvious questions though, like questions about Mary that every Protestant knows but refuses to listen to.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top