U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 PM

564 posts, read 591,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Some of you probably already know this, many others probably do not. I originally heard this from Chuck Missler on a television program. Hidden away in the Genealogy of Genesis 5 is a summary of the Gospel. A promise of the coming of the Messiah. These are the names of Adam and his descendants and their meaning in the English.

Name----------English Meaning

Adam-----------Man (is)

Seth------------Appointed

Enoch-----------Mortal

Kenan-----------Sorrow; (but)

Mahalael--------The Blessed God

Jared-----------shall come down

Enoch-----------Teaching

Methuselah------His death shall bring

Lamech---------The Despairing

Noah------------comfort, rest

The roots can be interpreted in a different way, but nevertheless, here in Genesis is the Gospel summarized.
I think this is wonderful Mike. I had known about the names but not the order. Not to take anything away from your topic, I had also done all the names in my family, however I had never put them in any type of order. God always gives these beautiful challenges of the heart and mind.
I will definetly pass this on. Thank you.

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM

17,943 posts, read 13,636,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Mike 555...God breathed into you, which makes you living scripture...you therefore are worthy to be taught, to be reproved, to be corrected, and to be instructed in righteousness. If you abuse this scripture by hanging the letters of a book(s) over any ones head God will not love you any less...The more I love you, the less I am loved. The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
That God breathed life into each person who is born, only makes them physically alive. That is soul life only. The placement of a soul which is the real person, into a body. Everyone who is born physically alive is also born spiritually dead. Without any relationship with God. Separated from God at the point of birth and already under eternal condemnation.

The believer (one who has been saved through faith in Christ) is commanded to grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18). That is a command. And the means by which that is accomplished is by continual decisions to expose yourself to doctrinal teaching so that the word of God may be inculcated into your soul.

It is heresy to think that you are living Scripture as a result of being physically born. And it is foolish to call the word of God the letters of a book. The Bible is the word of God. The word of God is alive and powerful. Apart from inculcation of the word of God into your soul, you have no capacity for spiritual growth. Without Bible doctrine in your soul, you have a vacuum in your soul into which is sucked cosmic doctrine. Those who call the word of God dead letters in a book are squarely in the ranks of the heretical.

Now enough of this. This is not the topic of this thread. If you want to promote your crap, then open your own thread.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
I think this is wonderful Mike. I had known about the names but not the order. Not to take anything away from your topic, I had also done all the names in my family, however I had never put them in any type of order. God always gives these beautiful challenges of the heart and mind.
I will definetly pass this on. Thank you.

God Bless,
Mercy
You're welcome.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:16 PM

5,555 posts, read 6,249,590 times
Interestingly enough this little 'gem' comes from Missler's Nephilim theory. He focuses on Jared ("come down") because his lifetime supposedly occurred during the time when the 'sons of god' came down to earth to mate with mortal women.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 PM

898 posts, read 603,067 times
Quote:
That God breathed life into each person who is born, only makes them physically alive. That is soul life only. The placement of a soul which is the real person, into a body. Everyone who is born physically alive is also born spiritually dead. Without any relationship with God. Separated from God at the point of birth and already under eternal condemnation.

The believer (one who has been saved through faith in Christ) is commanded to grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18). That is a command. And the means by which that is accomplished is by continual decisions to expose yourself to doctrinal teaching so that the word of God may be inculcated into your soul.

It is heresy to think that you are living Scripture as a result of being physically born. And it is foolish to call the word of God the letters of a book. The Bible is the word of God. The word of God is alive and powerful. Apart from inculcation of the word of God into your soul, you have no capacity for spiritual growth. Without Bible doctrine in your soul, you have a vacuum in your soul into which is sucked cosmic doctrine. Those who call the word of God dead letters in a book are squarely in the ranks of the heretical.

Now enough of this. This is not the topic of this thread. If you want to promote your crap, then open your own thread.
Mike 555...for inculcation of the word of God to occur, one must read His Word...and we do. Your interpretation of some Bible doctrine is a Hoover. We never called the word of God dead letters in a book, which puts you in a circle. As for the topic of this thread...it was the Blessed one of God who came down teaching that his death would bring the despairing rest. We love you. The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...

Old 07-01-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Mike 555...for inculcation of the word of God to occur, one must read His Word...and we do. Your interpretation of some Bible doctrine is a Hoover. We never called the word of God dead letters in a book, which puts you in a circle. As for the topic of this thread...it was the Blessed one of God who came down teaching that his death would bring the despairing rest. We love you. The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
If you are a universalist, then you have learned nothing from the word of God. When you say something idiotic such as, ''hanging letters of a book over anyones head'', in reference to the Bible, then like others who have said it directly, you are calling the Bible 'dead letters'. For inculcation of the word of God to take place, you first have to be under the control of the Holy Spirit. And to make any real progress, you had better be under the teaching ministry of a qualified pastor teacher. Otherwise you just go off into all kinds of heresy.

All who don't understood the issue in salvation and make a conscious decision to receive Christ as Savior, are on their way to hell. This is the destination of the majority of the human race.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Interestingly enough this little 'gem' comes from Missler's Nephilim theory. He focuses on Jared ("come down") because his lifetime supposedly occurred during the time when the 'sons of god' came down to earth to mate with mortal women.
There is nothing 'supposed' about it. The Scriptures have stated it plainly that the fallen angels that were involved in the Genesis 6 incident are now incarcerated in Tartarus. (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6; 1 Peter 3:19.20).

In the Old Testament the phrase 'sons of God' is the Hebrew Bene-ha-Elohim, and is used only for angels. It is found in Gen 6:2; Job 1:6; Job 2:1; and Job 38:7. Aways for angels.

Because Jesus Christ had to come into the world as a member of the human race in order to provide salvation for man, it was Satan's strategy to destroy true humanity by changing it into a hybrid race of half-angelic, half-human beings. Therefore, Satan had certain of the fallen angels who followed him to take human females and impregnate them, giving birth to the Nephilim of Genesis 6.

Compare the following passages.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into Tartarus and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment, and did not spare the ancient world, but reserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the word of the ungodly... (The only fallen angels that are currently incarcerated in Tartarus are those particular angels who were involved in this Satanic scheme. All other fallen angels are still free and are active participants in the angelic conflict.)

Jude 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (A reference to Tartarus, where the angels who as described in Gen 6 and 2 Peter 2:4, took human women, are imprisoned).

1 Peter 3:19 [Speaking of Jesus] ''in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, [20] who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, durng the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. (After His resurrection, Jesus went down into Tartarus and proclamed to the fallen angels who were nvolved in the Genesis 6 incident, that they had failed. Jesus informed them of His strategic victory on the Cross over Satan, and that Satan's and their fate was sealed.)

Old 07-01-2010, 09:25 PM

697 posts, read 809,705 times
Quote:
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but a couple of questions:

What's a Hoover?

When you said "dead letters in a book" what book did you mean? Did you mean Missler's book?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM

697 posts, read 809,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
InsaneInDaMembrane, (I love your name by the way!)

I've always been curious about the Nephilim. I've wondered if the Bible is somehow referring to the Neanderthals. Is there any other resource I could look for to learn more?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,131,811 times
Quote:
There is nothing 'supposed' about it. The Scriptures have stated it plainly that the fallen angels that were involved in the Genesis 6 incident are now incarcerated in Tartarus. (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6; 1 Peter 3:19.20).

In the Old Testament the phrase 'sons of God' is the Hebrew Bene-ha-Elohim, and is used only for angels. It is found in Gen 6:2; Job 1:6; Job 2:1; and Job 38:7. Aways for angels.

Because Jesus Christ had to come into the world as a member of the human race in order to provide salvation for man, it was Satan's strategy to destroy true humanity by changing it into a hybrid race of half-angelic, half-human beings. Therefore, Satan had certain of the fallen angels who followed him to take human females and impregnate them, giving birth to the Nephilim of Genesis 6.

Compare the following passages.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into Tartarus and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment, and did not spare the ancient world, but reserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the word of the ungodly... (The only fallen angels that are currently incarcerated in Tartarus are those particular angels who were involved in this Satanic scheme. All other fallen angels are still free and are active participants in the angelic conflict.)

Jude 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (A reference to Tartarus, where the angels who as described in Gen 6 and 2 Peter 2:4, took human women, are imprisoned).

1 Peter 3:19 [Speaking of Jesus] ''in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, [20] who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, durng the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. (After His resurrection, Jesus went down into Tartarus and proclamed to the fallen angels who were nvolved in the Genesis 6 incident, that they had failed. Jesus informed them of His strategic victory on the Cross over Satan, and that Satan's and their fate was sealed.)
Even if there were angels mixing with humans, which I don't believe there are or were, didn't Christ make peace on the cross with things in the heavens and earth? Everything? What happens when you make peace with someone?

Colossians 1:20. and through him to whether things on earth or things in heaven, by reconcile to himself all things, making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.