U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,308,853 times
Reputation: 598

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The opinion of a person who speaks without knowledge of the facts is meaningless and useless. You have distorted a doctrine of the word of God. Everyones opinion is NOT useful for reproof, correction, and teaching. What the word of God says, is ''All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.'' 2 Tim 3:16.

Apart from knowledge of the word of God, a mans opinions reflect the cosmic doctrines of Satan's cosmic system.

Please inform me where my facts are wrong.I have asked this twice now.Are my definitions from Strong's Concordance wrong?Is my comment that Missler got his PHD from an unaccredited university wrong?This is now your second chance to point out my mistakes.If you cannot point them out,then why are you mouthing off about speaking without knowledge?So let's have some proof.What have I said that is not the truth?

 
Old 07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
 
34,443 posts, read 22,068,009 times
Reputation: 5563
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Please inform me where my facts are wrong.I have asked this twice now.Are my definitions from Strong's Concordance wrong?Is my comment that Missler got his PHD from an unaccredited university wrong?This is now your second chance to point out my mistakes.If you cannot point them out,then why are you mouthing off about speaking without knowledge?So let's have some proof.What have I said that is not the truth?
I suspect you are wasting your time. Mike is parroting the precepts and doctrines of men. There is no original or deep thought behind his rote presentation. It is a twisted doctrine reflecting an early and complete corruption of the message and example of Jesus Christ. There is nothing very Christian about it.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM
 
896 posts, read 601,673 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you are a universalist, then you have learned nothing from the word of God. When you say something idiotic such as, ''hanging letters of a book over anyones head'', in reference to the Bible, then like others who have said it directly, you are calling the Bible 'dead letters'. For inculcation of the word of God to take place, you first have to be under the control of the Holy Spirit. And to make any real progress, you had better be under the teaching ministry of a qualified pastor teacher. Otherwise you just go off into all kinds of heresy.

All who don't understood the issue in salvation and make a conscious decision to receive Christ as Savior, are on their way to hell. This is the destination of the majority of the human race.
"hanging letters" is in reference to the fact that you keep hanging the law contained in ordinances over every ones heads...letters of requirement. Because of The Holy Spirit, we need not that any man teach us. Your pharisaic attitude requires some sort of pastoral certification to ease the burden of having created your own personal jesus...while you preach eternal torment to those who you would only lift your middle finger to help, you deny The Doctrine of Christ Resurrected by reason of that demonic doctrine called "the rapture." Perhaps you should stay on topic...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
 
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,127,696 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
"hanging letters" is in reference to the fact that you keep hanging the law contained in ordinances over every ones heads...letters of requirement. Because of The Holy Spirit, we need not that any man teach us. Your pharisaic attitude requires some sort of pastoral certification to ease the burden of having created your own personal jesus...while you preach eternal torment to those who you would only lift your middle finger to help, you deny The Doctrine of Christ Resurrected by reason of that demonic doctrine called "the rapture." Perhaps you should stay on topic...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
There is a good picture of this in my Good News Bible. It has a guy hunched over with a big rock on his back while another man stands to the side with his arms crossed over his chest and his nose in the air.

Matthew 23:4. They tie onto people's backs loads that are heavy and hard to carry, yet they aren't willing even to lift a finger to help them carry those loads.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 PM
 
896 posts, read 601,673 times
Reputation: 113
Default The Truth

Mike 555...we love you brother! God Blessing you...
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,127,696 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Mike 555...we love you brother! God Blessing you...
Of course we do, whoever he may be.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:40 PM
 
896 posts, read 601,673 times
Reputation: 113
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Of course we do, whoever he may be.

Beautiful on the inside herefornow...he needs to hear it that he might do it.
 
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM
 
896 posts, read 601,673 times
Reputation: 113
Default The Truth

We love you herefornow...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
 
Old 07-02-2010, 12:36 AM
 
17,928 posts, read 13,608,733 times
Reputation: 5741
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Please inform me where my facts are wrong.I have asked this twice now.Are my definitions from Strong's Concordance wrong?Is my comment that Missler got his PHD from an unaccredited university wrong?This is now your second chance to point out my mistakes.If you cannot point them out,then why are you mouthing off about speaking without knowledge?So let's have some proof.What have I said that is not the truth?
You are wrong about Strong's definitions of the meaning of the roots. You didn't go deeply enough. In post #17, you used your ideas on what you thought the meanings of the names of the Gen 5 genealogy should be, based on your shallow investigation of the meanings of those names.

First, I have said from the beginning that Dr. Missler himself said that the roots of those words can be interpreted differently. And I have already provided links in which he explains those roots. However, I will show you where your facts are wrong. I will provide two examples.


In contrast to your claim that Enosh doesn't mean 'mortal', but only means 'man', Strong's has this to say about it. First, look up the name Enosh under Strongs number G582.


Note the NASB Use of the word.

advisers* (2), friends* (1), life (1), man (26), man's (4), mankind (1), men (6), mortal (1), mortal man (1), ordinary (1), scoffers* (1), scorners* (1), soldiers* (3).

Note its usage as mortal man and mortal.


Further, Enosh is from the primitive root Anash which means mortal.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

From 'anash; properly, a mortal (and thus differing from the more dignified 'adam); hence, a man in general (singly or collectively) -- another, X (blood-)thirsty, certain, chap(-man); divers, fellow, X in the flower of their age, husband, (certain, mortal) man, people, person, servant, some (X of them), + stranger, those, + their trade. It is often unexpressed in the English versions, especially when used in apposition with another word. Compare 'iysh.

see HEBREW 'anash

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 582. enosh




Here is another example. You say that Methuselah only means 'man of the dart'. But Methuselah is made up of two root words. Muth which means 'death', and Shalak which means 'to bring'. Put together, they mean, 'his death shall bring.'

Strong's number for Muth is H4191.

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 4191. muth


Strongs number for Shalak is H7993

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 7993. shalak

The very year that Methuselah died, the flood came.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the issue of acceditation, accreditation has nothing to do with the quality of instruction at a university.

Excerpt:

Quote:
Chuck Missler received his Ph.D. from Louisiana Baptist University in 1999. Dr. Missler is also a Naval Academy graduate who quickly rose to the upper ranks of the corporate world as CEO of several international high-technology corporations. He combines a background in intelligence, cryptanalysis and informational sciences with over 30 years of Biblical teaching and research.

Leaving the corporate world eight years ago to start his own full-time ministry, Koinonia House, Chuck is now recognized as a leading expository Bible teacher. His daily radio programs, 66/40 and The "Missler Report," plus his weekly live-talk radio program "Missler Online," air in over 80 national and international, radio and internet markets. His monthly intelligence journal, "Personal Update," reaches over 150,000 subscribers and his AudioCentral.com broadcast web site and ChristianBooks.com online store are on the leading edge of Christian communications technology.

Here are some of Chuck's books that have impacted me the most: "The Magog Invasion," "Cosmic Codes," and "Alien Encounters." His CD called, "Learn the Bible in 24 Hours" is also fantastic. Dr. Missler has a daily radio program that you can hear here.
Louisiana Baptist University's Distinguished Alumni - Missler, Jeffrey, Ice

Excerpt:

Quote:
Accreditation
Louisiana Baptist University is not accredited by any accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Government, this is due mainly to the fact that LBU chooses not to seek accreditation. LBU is one of six approved colleges and universities of the Baptist Bible Fellowship International and those who graduate with a concentration in missions can be approved as a missionary for the fellowship.[2] LBU also has the approval of the Association of Christian Colleges and Theological Schools (ACCTS) which is a Christian agency involved in approving Christian schools. Though LBU is not regionally or nationally accredited it is however, well known throughout the Christian academic and theological community. Some of the keynote speakers at LBU commencement ceremonies have been well known Christian leaders like Jerry Falwell of Liberty University and Dr. Paige Patterson of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. LBU claims that in some cases Liberty University accepts transferred credits or degrees from LBU as well as other well known seminaries. This is not unusual considering the fact that credits and degrees of other institutions like Bob Jones University (unaccredited until 2005) have been widely accepted by accredited schools of higher learning.
Louisiana Baptist University - Conservapedia

Your contention that accreditation is the be all end all is wrong. LBU is recognized as having high level instruction.

Dr. Missler is recognized as a leading expository Bible teacher.


Here again is his khouse website.

Koinonia House - The Ministry of Chuck and Nancy Missler

Last edited by Mike555; 07-02-2010 at 12:46 AM..
 
Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 AM
 
896 posts, read 601,673 times
Reputation: 113
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are wrong about Strong's definitions of the meaning of the roots. You didn't go deeply enough.

First, I have said from the beginning that Dr. Missler himself said that the roots of those words can be interpreted differently. And I have already provided links in which he explains those roots. However, I will show you where your facts are wrong. I will provide two examples.


In contrast to your claim that Enosh doesn't mean 'mortal', but only means 'man', Strong's has this to say about it. First, look up the name Enosh under Strongs number G582.


Note the NASB Use of the word.

advisers* (2), friends* (1), life (1), man (26), man's (4), mankind (1), men (6), mortal (1), mortal man (1), ordinary (1), scoffers* (1), scorners* (1), soldiers* (3).

Note its usage as mortal man and mortal.


Further, Enosh is from the primitive root Anash which means mortal.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance

From 'anash; properly, a mortal (and thus differing from the more dignified 'adam); hence, a man in general (singly or collectively) -- another, X (blood-)thirsty, certain, chap(-man); divers, fellow, X in the flower of their age, husband, (certain, mortal) man, people, person, servant, some (X of them), + stranger, those, + their trade. It is often unexpressed in the English versions, especially when used in apposition with another word. Compare 'iysh.

see HEBREW 'anash

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 582. enosh




Here is another example. You say that Methuselah only means 'man of the dart'. But Methuselah is made up of two root words. Muth which means 'death', and Shalak which means 'to bring'. Put together, they mean, 'his death shall bring.'

Strong's number for Muth is H4191.

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 4191. muth


Strongs number for Shalak is H7993

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 7993. shalak

The very year that Methuselah died, the flood came.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the issue of acceditation, accreditation has nothing to do with the quality of instruction at a university.

Excerpt:



Louisiana Baptist University's Distinguished Alumni - Missler, Jeffrey, Ice

Excerpt:



Louisiana Baptist University - Conservapedia

Your contention that accreditation is the be all end all is wrong. LBU is recognized as having high level instruction.

Dr. Missler is recognized as a leading expository Bible teacher.


Here again is his khouse website.

Koinonia House - The Ministry of Chuck and Nancy Missler
Within the context of prophecy "enos(h)" literally means "to die"...thus it is written..."And as it is appointed unto men once to die..." Hebrews 9:27...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top