Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
"hanging letters" is in reference to the fact that you keep hanging the law contained in ordinances over every ones heads...letters of requirement. Because of The Holy Spirit, we need not that any man teach us. Your pharisaic attitude requires some sort of pastoral certification to ease the burden of having created your own personal jesus...while you preach eternal torment to those who you would only lift your middle finger to help, you deny The Doctrine of Christ Resurrected by reason of that demonic doctrine called "the rapture." Perhaps you should stay on topic...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...
You dont know the blue blazes you're talking about fella. The law doesn't apply to the Church. You need to go read some of my threads.

And your denial of the need to be under a pastor is in direct contradiction of Eph 4:11-16

1 John 2:27 about not needing any man to teach you, was a warning against apostate teachers. Against false teachers and false prophets. It in no way was stating that you don't to learn from the writings or verbal teaching of someone with the spiritual gift of pastor/teacher. The people this was written to were under the teaching ministry of the pastor of their church.

You would have the word of God contradict itself. It doesn't.

You had better read this...

http://www.iswasandwillbe.com/Need_for_teachers.php

And now you call the rapture demonic and make the asinine statement that that somehow denies the resurrection of Christ. You are full of perverted beliefs.

It is you are believing in another Jesus. The Jesus of the Bible is coming back as a lion to judge those who oppose Him. He is not coming back as the lamb He came as the first time.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-02-2010 at 02:01 AM..

Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

The half-man, half-gods of Greek mythology are based on the Nephilim who were in fact half-man, half-angelic beings of the antediluvian world. The offspring of the fallen angels who took human women and mated with them.
But don't worry. We can defeat them with these: http://www.orgoneblasters.com/

Old 07-02-2010, 01:49 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Within the context of prophecy "enos(h)" literally means "to die"...thus it is written..."And as it is appointed unto men once to die..." Hebrews 9:27...The Blessings of The Eternal bring you joy...

The meanng of Enosh has already been established here.

Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 582. enosh

As for Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment... that means that after you die, there is no second chance. Those who die without Christ are eternally lost.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:52 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
But don't worry. We can defeat them with these: Orgone Blasters Chemtrails Aliens ELF Fight Back By Sherry Shriner

Really? Is it special water or a special water gun?

"Our Orgone Blasters can lower utility bills (set them on your water and electric meters) and even lower gas mileage if you put them by your engine!"

Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There is nothing 'supposed' about it. The Scriptures have stated it plainly that the fallen angels that were involved in the Genesis 6 incident are now incarcerated in Tartarus. (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6; 1 Peter 3:19.20).

In the Old Testament the phrase 'sons of God' is the Hebrew Bene-ha-Elohim, and is used only for angels. It is found in Gen 6:2; Job 1:6; Job 2:1; and Job 38:7. Aways for angels.

Because Jesus Christ had to come into the world as a member of the human race in order to provide salvation for man, it was Satan's strategy to destroy true humanity by changing it into a hybrid race of half-angelic, half-human beings. Therefore, Satan had certain of the fallen angels who followed him to take human females and impregnate them, giving birth to the Nephilim of Genesis 6.

Compare the following passages.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into Tartarus and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment, and did not spare the ancient world, but reserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the word of the ungodly... (The only fallen angels that are currently incarcerated in Tartarus are those particular angels who were involved in this Satanic scheme. All other fallen angels are still free and are active participants in the angelic conflict.)

Jude 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (A reference to Tartarus, where the angels who as described in Gen 6 and 2 Peter 2:4, took human women, are imprisoned).

1 Peter 3:19 [Speaking of Jesus] ''in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, [20] who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, durng the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. (After His resurrection, Jesus went down into Tartarus and proclamed to the fallen angels who were nvolved in the Genesis 6 incident, that they had failed. Jesus informed them of His strategic victory on the Cross over Satan, and that Satan's and their fate was sealed.)
Um...I'm NOT disagreeing with you on this. In context of the bible's mythology, it is consistent with the other mythologies of the day, that is, gods often took excursions to earth to mate with mortal women. This is MY opinion as I realize other Christians have other interpretations of Genesis 5 considering the sci-fi, polytheistic ramifications here. That being said, it does not mean I believe any of the stuff. I believe in it as much as I believed Zeus left Olympus and mated with Io or Danae and had sons with them.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
InsaneInDaMembrane, (I love your name by the way!)

I've always been curious about the Nephilim. I've wondered if the Bible is somehow referring to the Neanderthals. Is there any other resource I could look for to learn more?
I can't really point you to resources at the moment, but over the years I have read up a lot on the subject of the Nephilims. Their story is pure myth to me, however, as for them being the Neaderthals, I can't say.

I'm sure Mike can fill you in with loads of info on the subject.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Another thread that has deteriorated into personal attacks, insults and chatroom sidebars..

Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity