U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,335,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I know exactly what UR teaches.....and your right, it can only be found "on this forum"............ PS: That's exactly why I'm not being enlightened, it's not found in the BIBLE, my source of teaching.
If you think it can "only" be found in this forum,then you are woefully ignorant of Christian history.UR was the predominant theology in the majority of the Christian theological schools of the 1st and 2nd century.Do a little research.Actually knowing what you are talking about is never a bad thing.

And where did she say it could "only" be found in this forum?Do you not have any concern at all for saying things that are not true?Why make this statement up?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
If you think it can "only" be found in this forum,then you are woefully ignorant of Christian history.UR was the predominant theology in the majority of the Christian theological schools of the 1st and 2nd century.Do a little research. Actually knowing what you are talking about is never a bad thing.

And where did she say it could "only" be found in this forum? Do you not have any concern at all for saying things that are not true?Why make this statement up?
Right over your head.................. She ASKED ABOUT ME, BETSEY...Betsey had NEVER once in her 41 years, hear about UR until coming here, yessss, to "THIS FORUM"! I don't need to research it, it's lies straight from the Father of it! Yes, actually knowing what you are talking about is never a bad thing. And what I do KNOW is: I don't need to research it, it's lies straight from the Father of it! What is his name again? Oh, I "KNOW" it's........ Satan!!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,335,748 times
Quote:
right over your head...
I see you are afraid to answer the question.Nothing went over my head.She didn't say it and you can't quote it,but you don't have the ability to admit it.So you post this dodge instead of being big enough to admit you are wrong.

Typical.

The more I see of conservative Christians and their actions,the gladder I get that I left them for a more mature and loving Christian faith.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,240,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Good points Zero 7.

Regarding "taking a swipe at ET": you would have to be tactful. Consider this message board. If you say something like "Hell is a pagan myth", most believers will ignore it, and most atheists will say 'already knew that'. To be honest, no one will 'get it' unless God is opening their eyes.

But anyway, maybe something like this:
"There is hope beyond hell. God is love and love does not fail."

Then put a link to Hope Beyond Hell.
I like this idea!

Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,282,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I like this idea!
It's a CRAZY idea! I like it too....

Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,190,015 times
And, I'll just post my own sign with this little guy right alongside UR banner, with the caption:

BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHINGS! IF IT"S NOT FOUND IN HERE......

http://bestsmileys.com/religous/3.gif (broken link)

Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 5,908,259 times
Quote:
And, I'll just post my own sign with this little guy right alongside UR banner, with the caption:

...HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!...Ohhhhhh dear......I love it!!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:05 AM

5,367 posts, read 4,133,364 times
Quote:

http://bestsmileys.com/religous/3.gif (broken link)

That would be perfect!
An angry, foaming at the mouth preacher, instilling fear into his congregation and keeping them in bondage:
"Beware of FALSE TEACHINGS."

Yes. I'd say that fits well.

Let's put it up!

Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,205,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
One of my all time favorites of Keith Green's - a life cut short, but one with a lasting legacy!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,282,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
One of my all time favorites of Keith Green's -
I could say "well - great minds think alike" but we both know that's not the reason we both love this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity