U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,335,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I do, but thanks for trying to tell me what I know and what I don't know. It always gives me a good giggle.

People can claim what they know all they want.It is what they POST that truly shows what they know,and your POSTS show you know very little.

But you keep on thinking that.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,618,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
People can claim what they know all they want.It is what they POST that truly shows what they know,and your POSTS show you know very little.

But you keep on thinking that.
Here's a good link for people who think they already know it all, but.... they probably won't read it because they think they already know it all!

http://www.crbaptist.com/sermon/serm...TOKEN=21483555

Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 AM

8,430 posts, read 7,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Miss him... Great song!
Another great 'oldie' - http://songoffaith.com/mp3s/Albums/H...nFrancisco.mp3

Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,363,107 times
Quote:
The problem is that post mortem conversion is not Biblical.

This idea poses several problems for teachings found in Christianity.

1. If a person believes that a human being never having heard the gospel is not accountable for making a choice in this life, then at some point a human being must be converted. This would imply that conversion takes place after death.

2. If a person believe in an age of accountability (see #3 as to why the vast majority of Christians believe in an age of accountability) then these unaccountable humans that die will be converted to a believer after death.

3. The vast majority of believers think an unborn baby that dies, by any means, is in heaven. This is a belief in an age of accountability since the unborn baby is of an age that is deemed as unaccountable to make a choice to believe in Christ.

Of the above scenarios, if true, then there is no question that conversion takes place after death because heaven will not contain unbelievers or even beings that have no understanding of Christ, They will be converted.

The idea that an unborn child that dies is eternally separated from God goes against most peoples soul and knowledge of what a God should be like. You do not have to have vast biblical knowledge in order to understand that is nonsense.

To try to make the case that people not even given the opportunity to choose are pouring into hell is problematic and no one has really done it.

It is one thing to have that outlook and seek to spread to the world the message of salvation, however, how do you take the message to the unborn. I'm not even talking about abortion, countless unborn babies have died through means that have no explanation at all.

How do we get the message to them uuhh heem "before it is too late".

So I believe either we are worshipping a monster, or conversion after death is scriptural. You can worship monsters if you like. I won't, even if its to my doom.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
The problem is that post mortem conversion is not Biblical.
And post mortem burning is?

LOL

Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, every knee will bend during the judgement, but it will be too late for those who rejected Christ. You yourself have accepted Him, but why are you trying to talk others into believing there is no need to be accept Him? That's the part I don't understand.

Heb 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

And there we have it, He must stop at the bended knee part every time.

And add the "then it is too late"

But fact is, it is never too late to call upon the name of the Lord.

The passage says ALL will confess Jesus as Lord. You cannot determine that confessing Jesus as Lord to the Glory of God the father doesn't save someone. What ridiculousness.

We hear this all the time though in churches around the world. "oh, they confessed Jesus as Lord, so they are not saved"

You have confessed Jesus as Lord Right Finn? Well, you can't be saved because confessing Jesus as Lord to God the Fathers Glory don't save you.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 AM

51,952 posts, read 27,640,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
But fact is, it is never too late to call upon the name of the Lord.
Again, Heb 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

Quote:
You have confessed Jesus as Lord Right Finn? Well, you can't be saved because confessing Jesus as Lord to God the Fathers Glory don't save you.
How about you let God be the judge of my salvation. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Again, Heb 9:27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.

So anyway... Finn doesn't get UR.. Thank you Finn for letting us know that.

I see hell billboards... why not a 'no hell' billboard?

Something like... 'Hell NO! God doesn't torture people'

Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
That verse doesn't change anything, it just says judgment. Has nothing concerning "it's too late" or that judgment will not include the rest of scripture where it says "All will confess JESUS as LORD

Quote:

How about you let God be the judge of my salvation. Thanks.
Your welcome, however what I proposed has nothing to do with this, it is you who ignores the passage by always saying "bended knee" without including the rest and not only do you do that, you add an inference of "its too late".

If all will bend a knee after death at judgment then ALL will confess Jesus as Lord after death at judgment, if to the GLORY of GOD the FATHER means that confessing JESUS as LORD after death is meaningless, then it can be stated that it is possible it won't do you any good now either.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 PM

51,952 posts, read 27,640,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That verse doesn't change anything, it just says judgment. Has nothing concerning "it's too late" or that judgment will not include the rest of scripture where it says "All will confess JESUS as LORD
Yes, that is exactly what it says.

Quote:
Your welcome, however what I proposed has nothing to do with this, it is you who ignores the passage by always saying "bended knee" without including the rest and not only do you do that, you add an inference of "its too late".

If all will bend a knee after death at judgment then ALL will confess Jesus as Lord after death at judgment, if to the GLORY of GOD the FATHER means that confessing JESUS as LORD after death is meaningless, then it can be stated that it is possible it won't do you any good now either
I have not ignored anything. Yes, every knee will bend and every mouth confess, because at that time even the most hardened unbeliever will know their error in rejecting Christ because they can see with their own eyes that he lives. But it is too late, because they will be judged, and then comes the second death.

Revelation 21 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Recap:

1. Natural life (desicion time)
2. Death
3. Judgement
4. Second death

It is not complicated, and it does not create any contradiction with the rest of the scripture like your understanding does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity