U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 PM

6,370 posts, read 5,271,848 times

Advertisements

Are you a Universalist? - what if we started an effort to promote this message on a massive scale? - would you be interested? I'm talking billboards, commercials, etc... Non profit - all about the message...

What say you?

Paul

Old 12-28-2009, 12:01 AM

187 posts, read 251,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Are you a Universalist? - what if we started an effort to promote this message on a massive scale? - would you be interested? I'm talking billboards, commercials, etc... Non profit - all about the message...

What say you?

Paul
Hey...Here's an idea. Full Preterism has a universal reconciliation branch. We could team up.

One half of the billboard could say, "Relax...It all happened in 70ad!!!
The other half could say, "Yeah...We're with them!!!"

Not that I actually agree with universalism...But I never have been able to understand how someone could be a universalist and a futurist. Always thought that preterism was kind of a prerequisite.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:42 AM

7,517 posts, read 10,957,087 times
The message of universalism is that God is faithful, not that you can do whatever you want and get away with it (God is not mocked, the flesh will pay). It's that message that draws people to Him - His love is immeasurable, and you can run, but you're wasting your time. It was love that broke through to us, not fear.

More people would come if they would see Jesus - and that's a knock on all of us.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The message of universalism is that God is faithful, not that you can do whatever you want and get away with it (God is not mocked, the flesh will pay). It's that message that draws people to Him - His love is immeasurable, and you can run, but you're wasting your time. It was love that broke through to us, not fear.

More people would come if they would see Jesus - and that's a knock on all of us.
But there are so many people that have NEVER heard of THAT Jesus. And that is the point of this thread.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM

8,430 posts, read 7,861,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychohmike View Post
Hey...Here's an idea. Full Preterism has a universal reconciliation branch. We could team up.

One half of the billboard could say, "Relax...It all happened in 70ad!!!
The other half could say, "Yeah...We're with them!!!"

Not that I actually agree with universalism...But I never have been able to understand how someone could be a universalist and a futurist. Always thought that preterism was kind of a prerequisite.
Same here... I am both universalist and preterist...

But those who are preterist and not universalist are harder for me to understand..

Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 AM

8,430 posts, read 7,861,903 times
Quote:
But there are so many people that have NEVER heard of THAT Jesus. And that is the point of this thread.
THAT Jesus wouldn't be believed unfortunately.... IMO

Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 11,919,043 times
Quote:

What say you?

Paul
Why would you have to? the whole world are universalists

Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,002,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Same here... I am both universalist and preterist...

But those who are preterist and not universalist are harder for me to understand..
Like me? Kat, I am a Unie, but I stop where most keep going when it comes to the rejection of the faith in this life, and the result of their destination afterwards. To me, the church is the result of what was already reconciled by Christ for mankind, and that church is the result of the redemptive work for mankind that Christ had already accomplished. That's all FWIW Carry on!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Why would you have to? the whole world are universalists
Not yet, but I'm confident that at some point in the future that everyone will be embrace it.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,002,197 times
Quote:
Not yet, but I'm confident that at some point in the future that everyone will be embrace it.
I sure hope so. The world would be a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity