U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 11,135,093 times
Reputation: 987

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You still didn't answer the question, why did He?
I was answering to this:

#2) I asked a Pastor who had attended some seminary school if he would explain to me who Jesus was talking to on the cross, basically he explained Jesus was talking to himself.
"When I'am talking to you I'am Pastor, when I'am talking to my wife I'am Honey, when I'am talking to my children I'am daddy, but I'am Pastor to all three of you." He explained
My question is why is it neccessary to believe that God the father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all reside in one body? Does this help to decide whom one should be fellowshiping with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 11,810,836 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I was answering to this:

#2) I asked a Pastor who had attended some seminary school if he would explain to me who Jesus was talking to on the cross, basically he explained Jesus was talking to himself.
"When I'am talking to you I'am Pastor, when I'am talking to my wife I'am Honey, when I'am talking to my children I'am daddy, but I'am Pastor to all three of you." He explained
My question is why is it neccessary to believe that God the father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all reside in one body? Does this help to decide whom one should be fellowshiping with?
ok........... so why did Jesus say, Father why have you forsaken me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 PM
 
2,945 posts, read 4,515,927 times
Reputation: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It was because of the anguish He felt when He took on the sins of the world, which caused Him to be separated from God. This was what Jesus dreaded as He prayed to God in the garden to take the cup from Him. The physical agony was horrible, but even worse was the period of separation from God.
I thought you believed he WAS God the Father. How could he be separated from God if he was God? Did he ever stop being God? That`s what totally demolishes the trinity doctrine. He asked not HIS WILL be done,but the Father`s WILL. Then you say he was separated from God but on the other hand you say he was God. But you also say Jesus was always God and never stopped being God. So how can he say not his will but God`s will,if he is God. How could he have been separated from God if he is God? See, how hard we try to make things? This makes no sense whatsoever but people will still believe it. Why? Because they have been taught that it makes sense and they just blindly accept it. That`s what religion and cults do. People get totally indoctrinated and it doesn`t matter if it makes any logical sense or not. They can`t explain it.It makes no sense. They wouldn`t except it in the real world (people being someone else but also being themselves. People talking to other people but really talking to themslves,etc.) but they`ve been conditioned to believe it and so in their minds,eventhough they can`t rationalize or explain it,they believe and accept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
 
2,945 posts, read 4,515,927 times
Reputation: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ok........... so why did Jesus say, Father why have you forsaken me?
Why did he say that if he knew what was going to happen? He already foretold that he was going to die. So it wasn`t a surprise to him what was happening and what he came for. So why would Jesus make this statement if he already knew what he was doing,why he was doing it, and what the final outcome would be? Everything was pre ordained and he supposedly created everything and knew everything. Did he stop being God at this point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,295 posts, read 4,941,517 times
Reputation: 420
Because Christ, God humbled in the flesh, was about to feel the excruciating pain that humans feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
 
125 posts, read 237,889 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Why did he say that if he knew what was going to happen? He already foretold that he was going to die. So it wasn`t a surprise to him what was happening and what he came for. So why would Jesus make this statement if he already knew what he was doing,why he was doing it, and what the final outcome would be? Everything was pre ordained and he supposedly created everything and knew everything. Did he stop being God at this point?
It is confusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM
 
454 posts, read 1,118,902 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Because Christ, God humbled in the flesh, was about to feel the excruciating pain that humans feel.
umm....he created heavens and earth....why couldn't he come to earth as a human but without the 'pain' part. surely he could manage that...no?

Are you seriously that ignorant to believe a fairytale, the holes for which you keep inventing new "patches" for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 02:13 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 11,135,093 times
Reputation: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ok........... so why did Jesus say, Father why have you forsaken me?
Maybe Jesus didn't know that part of the plan was that the Father would forsake him when the sin of the world was placed upon him? And so he asked the Father, Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 02:31 PM
 
125 posts, read 237,889 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Maybe Jesus didn't know that part of the plan was that the Father would forsake him when the sin of the world was placed upon him? And so he asked the Father, Why?
That sounds logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
 
454 posts, read 1,118,902 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinkerInTex View Post
That sounds logical.
LOL it does?
so God tricked himself? lolololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top