U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2013, 06:51 PM
 
3,964 posts, read 1,857,850 times
Reputation: 287

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
So, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that there is no hell, that the soul dies and that the Trinity is not biblical and they can point to Scripture to back up their claims just as those who believe in Hell, the immortality of the soul and the Trinity can....and both sets of believers believe they too have Holy Spirit.
Yes, Scriptures to back up claims

Jesus went to hell the day he died. [ Acts 2 vs 27,31] The 'Bible's hell' is just the temporary grave of mankind until one is resurrected either to heaven for some [ Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10 ], or resurrected back to physical life on earth [ John 3 v 13 ] during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

According to God's Word [ Holy Bible ] the soul does die and can be destroyed. see Ezekiel 18 vs 4,20; Acts 3 v 23

Jesus does not believe he is God [trinity] because Jesus believes he is the beginning of the creation by God.-Rev. 3 v 14
The 'resurrected ascended to heaven' Jesus still thinks he is the Son of God according to Rev. 2 v 18
And also Jesus still thinks he has a God over him who has his own throne.- Rev. 3 v 12, 21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2014, 08:13 PM
 
Location: South-Western USA , desert
383 posts, read 269,240 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"Labels"....each coming with their own self-serving set of rules and regulations. This IMO is what keeps us from reaching out one to another! Wow! Is it at all possible to just love one another and leave the judging up to the JUDGE? ( and I'm not talking about Judge Judy either......).

The Scriptural command states:


“In my letter I [the apostle Paul] wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people,

not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters.

Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world.

But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with *anyone called a brother* who is

sexually immoral, a greedy person, an idolater, a reviler, a drunkard, or an extortioner,
not even eating with such a man.

For what do I [Paul] have to do with judging those outside?

Do you not *judge those inside,* while *God judges those outside*?

'REMOVE the wicked person from among yourselves.'” (Corinthians 5:9-13)


"As for a man who promotes a sect,
*reject him* after a first and a second admonition." (Titus 3:10)


"If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching,
*do not receive him* into your homes or say a greeting to him." (2 John 10)


This is in harmony with what is recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures:
Genesis 3:23, 24 ; Deuteronomy 17:7 d .

Last edited by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp; 10-14-2014 at 08:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 PM
 
9,985 posts, read 5,647,393 times
Reputation: 5560
The Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Synagogue of Satan (Volume 1 of the Heresy Series)
September 26, 2014
Texe Marrs explores the corrupt beginnings of modern Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs). The JWs are proven to be an anti-Christian and Jewish cult. They claim to be the 144,000 of the Twelve Tribes of Israel. Jesus is not God in their sick theology but is claimed to be the archangel, Michael. (First in the series on Christian groups that are heretical).

Power of Prophecy - PoPcast Podcasting

p.s. I do not agree with "everything" Texe Marrs says, but he is still worth listening to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2014, 10:14 AM
 
505 posts, read 321,848 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
The J W are a cult. They do not believe in the divinity of Christ, the best way to get rid of them, pray to Jesus in their presence and they will run. Their are good books of former J W, who came out of this sect.

the sad thing is People have been say this for years. I guess it gives them a reason to hate. Even though we told MANY if we didn't believe Jesus why are we trying to follow in his steps? He was a human, and a MAN. So if we're a “CULT”, for following ANY man. Then I guess we are because we follow him. And wouldn't that make OTHER CHRISTIANS a cult since they too say they”follow Jesus”? People really should stop believing what others say if they don't know the truth. Believing a lie, can cause MANY spiritual death, as well as being destroyed.


We try to follow as Jesus said concerning NOT do what the rest of the world does. just as Jesus said his followers wouldn't be doing. As he said HE!... wasn’t doing ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). And unlike much of christendom world we are trying to push ourselves aside ,(Matt. 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me).

And understand, those who left, left because they wanted to do what THEY... wanted to do. Regardless of what they're telling others. A christian CAN'T live as they please ,yet think they have a first class ticket to Heaven, though MANY believe they can! It's NOT we imperfect witnesses that they left. It's Jehovah AND... Jesus who they turn away from, they know the truth!


You say to get rid of us is to pray to Jesus, that's sad!, because we know Jesus DIDN'T teach to pray to him but to his Father. do you remember the Lord's prayer? ,(Matt.6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name). Jesus also said this ,atJohn 9:31 (Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth). So Jesus said it's GOD who hears his worshipers prayers. also no one can get rid of ANYTHING Jehovah and Jesus owns.


Jesus who ALSO was a worshiper of his Father. AND prayed to his Father ,NOT himself ,(John 11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me). We pray to the same God Jesus prayed to, and we end it through Jesus name ,(John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me).

so we LOVE, believin Jesus and ALL that he taught. we understand that it's NOT Jesus words in which he taught, But that of his Father ,(John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). Peace and love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2014, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
2,011 posts, read 1,049,423 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
the sad thing is People have been say this for years. I guess it gives them a reason to hate. Even though we told MANY if we didn't believe Jesus why are we trying to follow in his steps? He was a human, and a MAN. So if we're a “CULT”, for following ANY man. Then I guess we are because we follow him. And wouldn't that make OTHER CHRISTIANS a cult since they too say they”follow Jesus”? People really should stop believing what others say if they don't know the truth. Believing a lie, can cause MANY spiritual death, as well as being destroyed.


We try to follow as Jesus said concerning NOT do what the rest of the world does. just as Jesus said his followers wouldn't be doing. As he said HE!... wasn’t doing ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). And unlike much of christendom world we are trying to push ourselves aside ,(Matt. 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me).

And understand, those who left, left because they wanted to do what THEY... wanted to do. Regardless of what they're telling others. A christian CAN'T live as they please ,yet think they have a first class ticket to Heaven, though MANY believe they can! It's NOT we imperfect witnesses that they left. It's Jehovah AND... Jesus who they turn away from, they know the truth!


You say to get rid of us is to pray to Jesus, that's sad!, because we know Jesus DIDN'T teach to pray to him but to his Father. do you remember the Lord's prayer? ,(Matt.6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name). Jesus also said this ,atJohn 9:31 (Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth). So Jesus said it's GOD who hears his worshipers prayers. also no one can get rid of ANYTHING Jehovah and Jesus owns.


Jesus who ALSO was a worshiper of his Father. AND prayed to his Father ,NOT himself ,(John 11:41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me). We pray to the same God Jesus prayed to, and we end it through Jesus name ,(John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me).

so we LOVE, believin Jesus and ALL that he taught. we understand that it's NOT Jesus words in which he taught, But that of his Father ,(John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). Peace and love
How come you don't believe the bible, his very own words. for example, as for witness, Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. and, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I. twice the Lord Jesus said "I AM he". now the NT. John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. who is the “he” that our Lord Jesus referrers to?. are you not his witness?.
and just another, why do you reject our Lord Jesus as God in the book of Revelation?. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. the bible clearly states that this is the same person. so why deny the truth?. are you not his witness?.

be in Jesus Christ, GOD almighty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 01:49 AM
 
Location: California USA
797 posts, read 491,816 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Synagogue of Satan (Volume 1 of the Heresy Series)
September 26, 2014
Texe Marrs explores the corrupt beginnings of modern Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs). The JWs are proven to be an anti-Christian and Jewish cult. They claim to be the 144,000 of the Twelve Tribes of Israel. Jesus is not God in their sick theology but is claimed to be the archangel, Michael. (First in the series on Christian groups that are heretical).

Power of Prophecy - PoPcast Podcasting

p.s. I do not agree with "everything" Texe Marrs says, but he is still worth listening to.

It's difficult to take a person seriously when he believes that the Holocaust was a hoax.

It's absolutely disgusting for those of us who know Holocaust survivors.

Texe Marrs beliefs are very extreme.

In fact, he's featured in the "Encyclopedia of American Loons,"

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #914: Texe Marrs

I'm sorry for you that you feel sympathetic even towards some of his extremist views and would suggest that a Christian is simply one that does what Jesus did. That would be the best "measure" of a Christian and the best measure of Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 02:35 AM
 
Location: California USA
797 posts, read 491,816 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
How come you don't believe the bible, his very own words. for example, as for witness, Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. and, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I. twice the Lord Jesus said "I AM he". now the NT. John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. who is the “he” that our Lord Jesus referrers to?. are you not his witness?.
and just another, why do you reject our Lord Jesus as God in the book of Revelation?. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. the bible clearly states that this is the same person. so why deny the truth?. are you not his witness?.

be in Jesus Christ, GOD almighty.
Dear 101c

A Christian is simply one that does what Christ did

JWs as a group follow the compelling direction of Jesus found in Matthew 28:19,20 and Matthew 24:14

As a group JWs follow the teachings of Jesus found in John 13:34,35. JWs do not let that bond suddenly disappear even during times of warfare.

JWs do not engage in carnal warfare. Instead they follow the Bible instruction found in Isaiah 2:4, John 13:34,35, Matthew 26:52 and Luke 6:27.

JWs do not allow class, race, ethnicity to interfere with their worship of God and love for the fellow man Acts 10:34, 35.

I'm sorry you can't accept JWs as Christians because they do not put faith in a man made doctrine called the Trinity or some derivation thereof. However, We honor and worship God, the Father, Jehovah, who is the ruler of the universe. And we have faith in his beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that we can have everlasting life and who rules as King of God's Kingdom.

I look forward to the time that all is reconciled to God as found in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28:

"24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 04:24 AM
 
13,259 posts, read 6,869,937 times
Reputation: 5188
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
It's difficult to take a person seriously when he believes that the Holocaust was a hoax.

It's absolutely disgusting for those of us who know Holocaust survivors.

Texe Marrs beliefs are very extreme.

In fact, he's featured in the "Encyclopedia of American Loons,"

Encyclopedia of American Loons: #914: Texe Marrs

I'm sorry for you that you feel sympathetic even towards some of his extremist views and would suggest that a Christian is simply one that does what Jesus did. That would be the best "measure" of a Christian and the best measure of Christianity.
Some people will accept anything bad about someone or a group they don't like, even if untrue. They want it to be true and want others to believe it is true..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Status: "Unite behind a thin blue line:reverse racism is still racism" (set 9 days ago)
 
8,772 posts, read 3,113,751 times
Reputation: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
I have a relative who converted to a Jehovah Witness last year. We all feel that this religion is completely brainwashing her. In our opinion the church community she belongs to acts almost like a cult. She also scared the hell out of my 2 teenage cousins and told them that we are all going to hell, and the world is going to end soon.

Are all people in this religion this way?
no. they are over the top. Think of religion like other "group or club" of man. some people go way to far. Go to a football game this Saturday or Sunday and check it out. I invite them in all the time and talk to them every year. The regular ones are as nice as any CowBoy fan. I always end the conversation with "never use that bible to hurt somebody, especially children, that is not what Jesus wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2014, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Al.
2,011 posts, read 1,049,423 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
Dear 101c

A Christian is simply one that does what Christ did.

JWs as a group follow the compelling direction of Jesus found in Matthew 28:19,20 and Matthew 24:14.
Jesus revealed the Father, (HIMSELF) in flesh, to set the concrete example for us to follow, that I agree. that's what Jesus did. now as for Matthew 28:19,20 the name to baptize in is "JESUS", and JESUS only, and no other name. do you baptize in the Name Jesus only?. and for verse 29, see John 13:31-35, that I agree.

Quote:
As a group JWs follow the teachings of Jesus found in John 13:34,35. JWs do not let that bond suddenly disappear even during times of warfare.
if you love one another as I have pointed also above, then why do you refuse blood transfusions, when people lives can be saved, even own family members, and shun ex-members, not even talking to them?. don't you suppose to LOVE your enemies also?.

Quote:
JWs do not engage in carnal warfare. Instead they follow the Bible instruction found in Isaiah 2:4, John 13:34,35, Matthew 26:52 and Luke 6:27..
using Isaiah 2:4 is an excuse for military service. I guess you haven read the OT lately, or the NT. Matthews 8:5-13. carnal warfare, and Spiritual warfare have the same mechanism, only different battle grounds. and for Luke 6:27, I suggest you read Romans 12:21.

Quote:
JWs do not allow class, race, ethnicity to interfere with their worship of God and love for the fellow man Acts 10:34, 35.
I believe that universal

Quote:
I'm sorry you can't accept JWs as Christians because they do not put faith in a man made doctrine called the Trinity or some derivation thereof.
hold on, first things first, when did I say I don't accept JWs as Christians?, unless you're saying that you're not. and two I'm not Trinitarian. and three, neither am I JW. I just asked why you don't believe in JESUS who is God almighty?.

Quote:
However, We honor and worship God, the Father, Jehovah, who is the ruler of the universe. And we have faith in his beloved Son, Jesus Christ, who died so that we can have everlasting life and who rules as King of God's Kingdom.
now we have differences, I don't worship Jehovah, I worship JESUS, who is GOD in flesh, and him ONLY. he, JESUS made the universe and everything in it, see, and unseen.

Quote:
I look forward to the time that all is reconciled to God as found in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28:
"24 Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.
I do too, and that's JESUS who is GOD ALL in ALL. I know this is one of your favorite scriptures to use in denying our Lord JESUS of his deity, well lets examine this another way. scripture, John 13:31 "Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him. see hd4me, this is where you and I differ at. I know that the Lord Jesus is a SHARE of God in Flesh. and when the kingdom is delivered up, that which is shared, or in flesh and bone, the spirit, this process is called, “differentiation”, so when the kingdom is delivered up there will be no need for a, MEDIATOR. now God will be ALL “in” ALL. this process is called assimilation. now understand that word “in”, which give us the understanding of what "subjection" means, "within", as the old dictionary states, and I have posted before. once again follow the “in”, John 13:31 "Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify himsee hd4me, what separate what I believe from the trinitarian, the unitarians, the oneness, and you the JWs is this, God is a SHARE of “HIMSELF”, meaning, differentiation, in Flesh and bone. when you used the scripture, Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”. the NAME of the Father is “JESUS”, the NAME of the Son is “JESUS”, and the NAME of the Holy Spirit is “JESUS. Father, and Son are only titles of the ONE true GOD, the HOLY SPIRIT. I believe in the Holy Spirit only. so when the kingdom is delivered up we will only SEE JESUS. supportive scripture, Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads”.
now if I was in belief like you, and the others, verse 4 above should read like this, “And they shall see (their) face(s); and (their) name(s) shall be in their foreheads”. Oh no, you will see only ONE FACE, not their faces, and have only ONE NAME in our foreheads, not their names, and that one face we will see is JESUS, and his NAME in our foreheads is JESUS.

be blessed.

Now I took care in reading all of your post, and considered what you have said. I would like for you to do the same.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top