U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 03:34 AM

22,694 posts, read 11,488,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm a Jew by blood too, do you want a cookie?
Well, you put yourself out there...Would you like a cookie?...However, I am talking about semitic blood, not converted blood...

Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 AM

406 posts, read 1,164,741 times
Well, I'm not even going to begin to try and catch up to the conversation but I will address the question with versus directly from the Bible and you make with them what you may...

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them (NKJV)

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

Romans 1:26-27 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. (NKJV)

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM

17,853 posts, read 10,616,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Like I said...Do the research...You got it wrong...Read up on what pederaiste is...
The word "homosexual" didn't appear in English Bibles until 1946 | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
Paul never used the Greek word for pederast (παιδεραστής) which would have been known to him at that time.

He could have used it, if that's what he was referring to, but he didn't. There were Greek words he could have used if he had meant to refer to "homosexuals". But he didn't. He used the word arsenokoites, which cannot be translated as "homosexuals" by any honest scholar.

But pederasty isn't homosexuality anyway, so your post doesn't even make sense.

Get back to us when you have done a little more research than just linking to the first website you came across and telling other people they are wrong.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM

1,472 posts, read 905,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
Well, I'm not even going to begin to try and catch up to the conversation but I will address the question with versus directly from the Bible and you make with them what you may...

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them (NKJV)

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

Romans 1:26-27 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. (NKJV)
Just go back a few pages. We've been over this a dozen times and I'm not sure the other side wants to post their responses again this soon. There are many here who believe these verses do not mean what you think they mean. Hey, that was almost a Princess Bride quote! ;p

Old 12-26-2011, 09:27 AM

51,226 posts, read 27,052,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Paul never used the Greek word for pederast (παιδεραστής) which would have been known to him at that time.

He could have used it, if that's what he was referring to, but he didn't. There were Greek words he could have used if he had meant to refer to "homosexuals". But he didn't. He used the word arsenokoites, which cannot be translated as "homosexuals" by any honest scholar.

But pederasty isn't homosexuality anyway, so your post doesn't even make sense.

Get back to us when you have done a little more research than just linking to the first website you came across and telling other people they are wrong.
There is no need to use your favorite words, when he put is so plainly: " men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful".

Use of words can change, but when you explain it like that it will never change. Could that be the reason he explained it so clearly that even a child can understand. Maybe he knew that people would try to spin and misrepresent his words one day in order to justify their sin....

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM

14,660 posts, read 7,681,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, you put yourself out there...Would you like a cookie?...However, I am talking about semitic blood, not converted blood...
What on earth is semitic vs. converted blood? I'm not a Jewish convert.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:50 AM

14,660 posts, read 7,681,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
All those verses have already been addressed. If you're not going to bother catching up on the conversation, stop posting out of context verses that have already been discussed in length.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 AM

16,444 posts, read 17,183,844 times
Homosexuality is described in the Bible as bring "an abomination unto God". That puts it in the top tier of things God dislikes the most.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,279,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Just go back a few pages. We've been over this a dozen times and I'm not sure the other side wants to post their responses again this soon. There are many here who believe these verses do not mean what you think they mean. Hey, that was almost a Princess Bride quote! ;p
Your right words don't mean what they mean. They mean what people want to hear, and deny.

Why do we use words... what a waste of time.

I'm so gay right now, my joy runneth over!

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble use to have a Gay old time.

Now they just have a time.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,279,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
All those verses have already been addressed. If you're not going to bother catching up on the conversation, stop posting out of context verses that have already been discussed in length.
Then we can officially end this thread! Hip, Hip, i'm so gay about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity