U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM

17,853 posts, read 10,638,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
The idolatrous worship led to a spirit of sexual deviance, which is what having sexual relations with the same sex is caused by.

We wrestle not with flesh and blood, but with principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.
This is the 21st century.... for most people anyway.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:31 PM

17,853 posts, read 10,638,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you are saying that all the sins mentioned in Romans 1 are not considered sins unless you commit them while performing idoltary? That is quite a reach, don't you think?

Sins mentiones in Romans 1.
=====================
- evil
- greed
- depravity
- envy
- murder
- strife
- deceit
- malice
- gossip
- slander
- God hating
- arrogance
- boastfulness
- creating new ways of doing evil
- disobeying parents
- infidelity
- unlovingness
- unmercifulness
- approving sin of others
- gay sex
You've not read the whole letter have you?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM

51,341 posts, read 27,132,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You've not read the whole letter have you?
Yes, I have. All of the above sins are mentioned in Romans 1.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
That is correct if you don't accept the more liberal arguments about idolatry connections, yes. It still doesn't make the word usage relevant or consistent though. Abomination is a pretty strong word I'm sure they're sick of by now, even if it is used for eating shellfish too in the OT It may sound like I'm just being politically correct here which I am to a degree, but this is a very too sensitive topic for a lot of people so wording is important or its just going to turn
It is not used for eating shellfish. Also, I do not bullhorn anything on the street, I am simply answering the question presented on then OP: does the bible say homosexuality is a sin. The answer if YES, IT IS A SIN.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:33 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,283,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This is the 21st century.... for most people anyway.
What difference does that make?

This generation is a blink within eternity. I hope cultural time frames are not your gauge of what is truth and what is not.

Man is getting further away from God as a whole, not closer.

That is the sad part of the 21st century.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:39 PM

1,472 posts, read 908,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not used for eating shellfish. Also, I do not bullhorn anything on the street, I am simply answering the question presented on then OP: does the bible say homosexuality is a sin. The answer if YES, IT IS A SIN.
Um...what about Leviticus 11:10-12? Different Hebrew word used? Just so we're clear, I wasn't accusing you specifically of bullhorn...yet.. But You're right "if yes, then it is a sin!" lol

Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 PM

14,723 posts, read 7,712,523 times
Quote:
Um...what about Leviticus 11:10-12? Different Hebrew word used? Just so we're clear, I wasn't accusing you specifically of bullhorn...yet.. But You're right "if yes, then it is a sin!" lol
To'evah and abomination do not mean the same thing. Abomination is a gross mistranslation from the KJV, but unfortunately, with the KJV having so much influence in the English speaking world have made the uneducated and ignorant cling to it.

The KJV Uses of ?Abomination? - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

The fact is that the word ‘abomination’ is at best a bad translation of what is in the Hebraic scriptures. In particular, the particular Biblical term itself to’ba (noun) or ta’ab (verb) is for a transgression that affects a prescribed ritual, not to designate a moral sin. It marks something that is forbidden, often because the religion considers it unclean.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:02 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,283,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
To'evah and abomination do not mean the same thing. Abomination is a gross mistranslation from the KJV, but unfortunately, with the KJV having so much influence in the English speaking world have made the uneducated and ignorant cling to it.

The KJV Uses of ?Abomination? - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

The fact is that the word ‘abomination’ is at best a bad translation of what is in the Hebraic scriptures. In particular, the particular Biblical term itself to’ba (noun) or ta’ab (verb) is for a transgression that affects a prescribed ritual, not to designate a moral sin. It marks something that is forbidden, often because the religion considers it unclean.
Beat this dead horse. It's wrong, its gross, its immoral, its a SIN.

Case closed. Why do you defend it? Repent, the guilt will go away.

The beauty of the gift of Christ, is that forgiveness is for all that come to him, right their path through repentance.

God Bless all of us that struggle with sin, in whatever form it takes.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 AM

10,233 posts, read 7,563,153 times
Quote:
What difference does that make?

This generation is a blink within eternity. I hope cultural time frames are not your gauge of what is truth and what is not.

Man is getting further away from God as a whole, not closer.

That is the sad part of the 21st century
Amen....

Quote:
Beat this dead horse. It's wrong, its gross, its immoral, its a SIN.

Case closed. Why do you defend it? Repent, the guilt will go away.

The beauty of the gift of Christ, is that forgiveness is for all that come to him, right their path through repentance.

God Bless all of us that struggle with sin, in whatever form it takes.
Amen....

Old 12-27-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Um...what about Leviticus 11:10-12? Different Hebrew word used? Just so we're clear, I wasn't accusing you specifically of bullhorn...yet
Which would would you prefer to use in Lev 20:13? I provided three translations from Hebrew, and they all make it rather clear that such acts do not please God. When God says the penalty for such act is death, then it is clear He did not approve it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-27-2011 at 06:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity