U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 AM

670 posts, read 596,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What if people are truly born "gay"?

How do they satisfy the urge? Do they remain virgins for the rest of their life? They can't masturbate to those fantasies?

Would such a person have to remain single and a virgin,esp if they have no attraction whatsover to the opposite sex?
According to Christian extremist such a person must torture themselves and marry a woman they don't love for the purpose of matting. They must torture themselves by engaging in sexual acts with some one they neither love nor are attracted to just so they can be sort of fruitful in a world of plenty fruit.
After all they follow an evil deity which has replaced the real god who is Love with a sick abomination such as that. I have met such people who tortured themselves in that way and disgustingly in the name of god.

Other extremist christians assert that such a person must live a lonely life devoid of love or companionship.
To them "those" people should each die miserable and alone.

People with such attitudes do not have in mind the things of god.

God did not put people on this Earth with those feelings to make them suffer,
Those feelings have a purpose and demonizing them is rejecting what god has made natural.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:02 AM

3,642 posts, read 3,185,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Does this mean that every person who has ever had sex outside of marriage will not go to heaven?

If you are asking that question, you clearly don't know the bible and im not going to get into any detailed explanation for you either.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM

13,335 posts, read 6,922,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So what is the cutoff? Can you repent on your death bed? Can you do it for 20 years and then see how wrong it was and still be OK? What if you stop and repent, but you are weak and do it again? Can you stop and repent again?
Hi,

The cut off is in God's hands. However long term repeated behavior of the kind being discussed is an indication of a bad heart, soooo ... just "repenting" and then doing it again is not what qualifies for repentance. God is not a fool. He is patient and understands human nature, but he also knows what we can do if we really want to, and when we willing do it again and again, no forgiveness.

Maybe an analogy if you are married. If your mate kept committing adultery, after repenting and saying it would not happen again and it did again and again and again; how long would you stay married? Would you believe the "repentance" would you worry about a sexually transmitted disease, etc? God also worries about such a person contaminating His people and costing them their life. God is no fool.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM

20,056 posts, read 9,903,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
According to Christian extremist such a person must torture themselves and marry a woman they don't love for the purpose of matting. They must torture themselves by engaging in sexual acts with some one they neither love nor are attracted to just so they can be sort of fruitful in a world of plenty fruit.
After all they follow an evil deity which has replaced the real god who is Love with a sick abomination such as that. I have met such people who tortured themselves in that way and disgustingly in the name of god.

Other extremist christians assert that such a person must live a lonely life devoid of love or companionship.

Those feelings have a purpose and demonizing them is rejecting what god has made natural.
Good post.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 AM

11,441 posts, read 9,081,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Ah, there's the old fire and brimstone Twin...I was starting to think you had gotten past that...oh well. If it wasn't you, it would be someone else, so why not stick with tradition?! You've only re-voiced your own interpretations of those verses which are based on a more recent set of traditions and questionable cross cultural context. You've done a good job of re-voicing these ideas and re-posting the verses ...unfortunately, you did a better job if ignoring the best counter arguments on those threads...which I would hope would be obvious to anyone who reads them all the way through, but I suppose are all a slave to our biases. The other side isn't much better in that regard, but I do find on average they are less of a slave to black and white thinking.
Jrhockney,
Do you really expect me to accept the premise of " based on a more recent set of traditions and questionable cross cultural context." ...

AS far as ignoring the counter arguments, I suppose I could have wasted my time.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:07 PM

11,441 posts, read 9,081,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good post.
good for those who reject the truth and those who:
Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 925,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jrhockney,
Do you really expect me to accept the premise of " based on a more recent set of traditions and questionable cross cultural context." ....
Umm....yeah. Myself and others have already explained at length on those threads why your understanding of those verses may be flawed because of the Greek words used and the cultural context of verses, but since you seem to think it is a waste of time to respond to arguments that throw into question certain modern Conservatve christian ideas of these verses that you support, I will consider it a waste of time to repost them...actually your doing me a favor since I don't have time to do that today anyways. Im posting this from a smartphone that doesn't navigate or write well on this forum lol.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 PM

13,335 posts, read 6,922,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Umm....yeah. Myself and others have already explained at length on those threads why your understanding of those verses may be flawed because of the Greek words used and the cultural context of verses, but since you seem to think it is a waste of time to respond to arguments that throw into question certain modern Conservatve christian ideas of these verses that you support, I will consider it a waste of time to repost them...actually your doing me a favor since I don't have time to do that today anyways. Im posting this from a smartphone that doesn't navigate or write well on this forum lol.
Humm, was fornication different in past cultures such as Israel? Seems it is still sex out of Biblical marriage.

Yes culture changes, but God's directives fit all times and all people, even if they don't like it.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 925,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Humm, was fornication different in past cultures such as Israel? Seems it is still sex out of Biblical marriage.

Yes culture changes, but God's directives fit all times and all people, even if they don't like it.
Um...yes the Greek word behind fornication did a have a different meaning back then. Read those threads (especially my posts there) to find out why...like I said Im on a smart phone so I can't expound right now.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:19 PM

20,056 posts, read 9,903,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
good for those who reject the truth and those who:
Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
You betcha'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity