Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM

264 posts, read 351,069 times

Advertisements

When we owe a debt and it is due on the 1st of the month, we may need a little time to come up with the full amount. So we are given a grace period, meaning a little more time to get it all together.

That is what the grace of God is. We owed a debt that we fell short on. Our penalty was death and destruction come judgment day if we could not pay. So God sent to us His Son to take our place in order to not only buy us more time, but to also give us some help so that we don't come up short. We become righteous, meaning God calls us righteous because we now have come to acknowledge Him, but holiness is the goal made in God's image(attributes). We could not come up with the full ransom in our fallen state, but by God's grace (overlooking our lack), we have been given time and help to come to the full measure of a man, to be restored, to salvage(salvation) us from the destruction that we were headed to before Christ paid our sin debt to REDEEM mankind, for those who can believe on the work of the cross and FOLLOW him to be reborn from above, in his image(attributes) as the children of God.

We did nothing to deserve our salvation and we were not able to do it in our own fallen state for man in his fallen state can not receive the Word of God.. only by God's Spirit can one truly say Jesus is Lord and obey God's voice. And that is why God had to send His Son!

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-19-2013 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
When we owe a debt and it is due on the 1st of the month, we may need a little time to come up with the full amount. So we are given a grace period, meaning a little more time to get it all together.

That is what the grace of God is. We owed a debt that we fell short on. Our penalty was death and destruction come judgment day if we could not pay. So God sent to us His Son to take our place in order to not only buy us more time, but to also give us some help so that we don't come up short. We become righteous, meaning God calls us righteous because we now have come to acknowledge Him, but holiness is the goal made in God's image(attributes). We could not come up with the full ransom in our fallen state, but by God's grace (overlooking our lack), we have been given time and help to come to the full measure of a man, to be restored, to salvage(salvation) us from the destruction that we were headed to before Christ paid our sin debt to REDEEM mankind, for those who can believe on the work of the cross and FOLLOW him to be reborn from above, in his image(attributes) as the children of God.

We did nothing to deserve our salvation and we were not able to do it in our own fallen state for man in his fallen state can not receive the Word of God.. only by God's Spirit can one truly say Jesus is Lord and obey God's voice. And that is why God had to send His Son!
Grace is undeserved kindness on God's part. Salvation is an example of that "grace".

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
No one can pay for another's sin. That is why the son of man says; "The man who has faith in me will do the works I do."

"The righteous will shine like the son in the kingdom of their Father."

The Lord says this;

The word of the Lord came to me: Son of man, when a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it, and break its staff of bread and send famine upon it, and cut off from it human beings and animals, even if Noah, Daniel, and Job, these three, were in it, they would save only themselves by their righteousness, says the Lord God. If I send wild animals through the land to ravage it, so that it is made desolate, and no one may pass through because of the animals; even if these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither sons nor daughters; they alone would be saved, but the land would be desolate. Or if I bring a sword upon that land and say, "Let a sword pass through the land," and I cut off human beings and animals from it; though these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither sons nor daughters, but they alone would be saved. Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my wrath upon it with blood, to cut off humans and animals from it; even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither son nor daughter; they would save only their own lives by their righteousness".

"When the son has done what is lawful and right, and has been careful to observe all my statutes, he shall surely live. The person who sins shall die. A child shall not suffer for the iniquity of a parent, nor a parent suffer for the iniquity of a child; the righteousness of the righteous shall be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be his own. But if the wicked turn away from all their sins that they have committed and keep all my statutes and do what is lawful and right, they shall surely live; they shall not die. None of the transgressions that they have committed shall be remembered against them; for the righteousness that they have done they shall live. Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord God, and not rather that they should turn from their ways and live? But when the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity and do the same abominable things that the wicked do, shall they live? None of the righteous deeds that they have done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which they are guilty and the sin they have committed, they shall die.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Grace is undeserved kindness on God's part. Salvation is an example of that "grace".
Isn't that what I said, God giving us an undeserved chance even when we fell short in our efforts and should be destroyed because we didn't have enough in our account(godliness) to pay our ransom, so that we could be salvaged by being raised up IN CHRIST from the dead unto life out of this kindness by giving us a grace period(time and means) to raise UP our standards as a child of God?

Old 11-19-2013, 02:05 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Within the context of judgement...

Justice = getting what you deserve
Mercy = not getting what you deserve
Grace = getting what you don't deserve

Grace is kinda like a police officer pulling you over for speeding, but rather than giving you a speeding ticket, he fills your gas tanks and cleans your windshield, and says "glad I could be of service".

Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No one can pay for another's sin. That is why the son of man says; "The man who has faith in me will do the works I do."

The Lord says this;

The word of the Lord came to me: Son of man, when a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it, and break its staff of bread and send famine upon it, and cut off from it human beings and animals, even if Noah, Daniel, and Job, these three, were in it, they would save only themselves by their righteousness, says the Lord God. If I send wild animals through the land to ravage it, so that it is made desolate, and no one may pass through because of the animals; even if these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither sons nor daughters; they alone would be saved, but the land would be desolate. Or if I bring a sword upon that land and say, "Let a sword pass through the land," and I cut off human beings and animals from it; though these three men were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither sons nor daughters, but they alone would be saved. Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my wrath upon it with blood, to cut off humans and animals from it; even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, says the Lord God, they would save neither son nor daughter; they would save only their own lives by their righteousness".

"When the son has done what is lawful and right, and has been careful to observe all my statutes, he shall surely live. The person who sins shall die. A child shall not suffer for the iniquity of a parent, nor a parent suffer for the iniquity of a child; the righteousness of the righteous shall be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be his own. But if the wicked turn away from all their sins that they have committed and keep all my statutes and do what is lawful and right, they shall surely live; they shall not die. None of the transgressions that they have committed shall be remembered against them; for the righteousness that they have done they shall live. Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, says the Lord God, and not rather that they should turn from their ways and live? But when the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity and do the same abominable things that the wicked do, shall they live? None of the righteous deeds that they have done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which they are guilty and the sin they have committed, they shall die.

While each man is accountable for their own sins, Jesus did die in our place to ransom us from destruction and to cancel out our sins PAST giving each who come to him a clean slate so the no man can boast. And as we begin as babes learning how to walk in the Word, any stumbles that we may suffer can be GROWING PAINS, and while we are still down on our knees we can ask for forgiveness, then brush off our knees and take the Father's hand to get back up and keep allowing Him to help us walk.
We must be born again from above, but it takes time for us to grow up into sons of God and that is where the grace comes in. God did not need to give us any more time, but being graceful and merciful, HE DID, and the tools to overcome being His Word and His Spirit operating(working) in our inwardly parts writing up on our hearts HIS COMMANDMENTS of love.
Rom 3:22-25
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Salvation of souls is grace of God , but still God does give His grace in other way also ,............ as He gives His new creation for the development of the fruits of the spirit ,.............. then He gives grace for His provision to get along in the world with prosperity ,............... He gives grace in anointing of His spirit of many kinds and callings .............He gives grace in His lead in the spirit which He will make a plan for your life and even your work and lead your path which is a bonus .................. He give grace in cleansing of the spirit to remain sin free and better health and vitalities , which will help in the abilities to Love the Lord ............ He gives grace in an interaction where Jesus Spirit will give Words of understanding and wisdom to the Works of Christ ..............He gives grace in all Works of Christ where callings can help others in their interaction with Christ ................ He gives His grace in the protection of Homes and people who are getting supplementary prayer and even can bring grace to reduce the risk of disaster in traveling and weather hazards ........He can bring His grace of God which people can receive all their days in the earth and live long lives ..... He can bring grace to quicken in the world to people to bring ideas with are in the will of God and in the plan of Jesus to bring blessing and keep in the plan Jesus keeps .............. See all the grace of God is good things

Old 11-19-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Isn't that what I said, God giving us an undeserved chance even when we fell short in our efforts and should be destroyed because we didn't have enough in our account(godliness) to pay our ransom, so that we could be salvaged by being raised up IN CHRIST from the dead unto life out of this kindness by giving us a grace period(time and means) to raise UP our standards as a child of God?
Yep, I just condensed it.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

The Lord says this;

The word of the Lord came to me:
Pretty much came to all of us, as basically all you posted is In Scripture. Anything that isn't ..... well isn't.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
I think the grace of the Creator where humans are concerned, is the gift of our senses - for experiencing this universe of wonders, and the gift of reason - so we can think on them.

I am grateful also for the gift of dreams, in order to give us hints of what is, was, or may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity