Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 AM

45,270 posts, read 26,780,524 times

Advertisements

This is something you just don't see on TV...

Brit Hume: Jesus Christ Offers Tiger Woods Something Tiger Woods Desperately Needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,415,097 times
Good for him. About time a Christian can say what they think. Of course he will be tarred and feathered for it by some.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:20 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,000,800 times
And I suppose all of you know what's in Tiger's heart. Do you always listen to others without going to the source? Did you actually talk to Tiger to hear his truth? Gossip is evil so if you want to know what is true, talk to Tiger. Just one more reason I don't listen to news or gossip. Bad, bad, bad.

Why would he need to convert to christianity? There are other good religions out there that can help him if he is in the wrong. Until then, don't believe everything you hear on the news or from other ministers.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM

45,270 posts, read 26,780,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And I suppose all of you know what's in Tiger's heart. Do you always listen to others without going to the source? Did you actually talk to Tiger to hear his truth? Gossip is evil so if you want to know what is true, talk to Tiger. Just one more reason I don't listen to news or gossip. Bad, bad, bad.

Why would he need to convert to christianity? There are other good religions out there that can help him if he is in the wrong. Until then, don't believe everything you hear on the news or from other ministers.
Just curious - do you consider yourself a Christian?

Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,040,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Mr. Hume appears to have had a conversion of sorts after the suicide of his son.

However, I find it a bit tacky to be so outwardly expressing his faith on what Fox would refer to as a NEWS show as it relates to Tiger Woods.

However, since Fox News has positioned itself firmly in the lap of the Christian Right Wing it really is no surprise..

Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just curious - do you consider yourself a Christian?
I'm a Divine Love Christian. I follow Jesus and Love.

The reason I made the comment is because so many people in the world will believe what they hear on the news. FOX news is the worst. We don't know what is real. News people only print or relate what they believe the people want to hear. For all we know, Tiger could have said something totally different than what has been reported and the editors cut and pasted what they felt the world was hungry for. If the media would tell the actual truth for once, news would be a lot better to listen to. They lie and cheat the world through their words.

You know, I used to work for a large company. There was all kinds of gossip going on all the time. So, everytime I heard something about someone, I would actually go to the person the gossip was about and ask them what the truth was. Nine times out of ten, the gossip was false or exagerated.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,501,510 times
Quote:
I'm a Divine Love Christian. I follow Jesus and Love.

The reason I made the comment is because so many people in the world will believe what they hear on the news. FOX news is the worst. We don't know what is real. News people only print or relate what they believe the people want to hear. For all we know, Tiger could have said something totally different than what has been reported and the editors cut and pasted what they felt the world was hungry for. If the media would tell the actual truth for once, news would be a lot better to listen to. They lie and cheat the world through their words.

You know, I used to work for a large company. There was all kinds of gossip going on all the time. So, everytime I heard something about someone, I would actually go to the person the gossip was about and ask them what the truth was. Nine times out of ten, the gossip was false or exagerated.
ALL News is the worst, don't single out Fox, secondly we are beyond gossip. Tiger Woods is a very stupid individual (I came to that realization a few years ago when he said, he wasn't black), it's a fact; it's on all the "reputable" news stations like Entertainment Tonight and third, I wouldn't tell anyone to try on Jesus. I would give them the gospel.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ALL News is the worst, don't single out Fox, secondly we are beyond gossip. Tiger Woods is a very stupid individual (I came to that realization a few years ago when he said, he wasn't black), it's a fact; it's on all the "reputable" news stations like Entertainment Tonight and third, I wouldn't tell anyone to try on Jesus. I would give them the gospel.
Yes, all news is bad unless they truely report what the truth is. And, just because it's reputable, doesn't mean it's more honest. I've seen that before.

Was he referring to his color or his attitude? It would make the difference. And that doesn't make him stupid. Labeling others is also a bad thing, Fundie. You don't want to fall into that trap. You shouldn't call others names.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,501,510 times
Quote:
Yes, all news is bad unless they truely report what the truth is. And, just because it's reputable, doesn't mean it's more honest. I've seen that before.

Was he referring to his color or his attitude? It would make the difference. And that doesn't make him stupid. Labeling others is also a bad thing, Fundie. You don't want to fall into that trap. You shouldn't call others names.
attitude???? Do I have a black attitude, what does that even mean? Give me a break about labeling others, if a person is a stupid individual then he or she is a stupid individual and Tiger Woods is a stupid individual and he is showing his stupidity in so many ways.

The last thing I would do is to tell Tiger Woods to try on Jesus like He is some kind of coat. You give Tiger the gospel rightly and pray that the Holy Spirit grows him in holiness, discernment and wisdom.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,422,192 times
Well, you know, we are guaranteed freedom of speech in this country..That is good

Christians should not pretend to see into a person's heart and make a judgement about his relationship with God....That is bad..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity