U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:02 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,436,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Where is the thirst for the Word of the Lord?
There should not be any thirst but a desire to learn of Jesus Christ.

John 6:35 John 5:39-40

Quote:
Where is the fight, for the good fight.
Keeping the faith is the good fight. 2 Timothy 4:1-8 That will cause division, because some apostasies have slipped in that is not of faith.

Quote:
Where is Truth?
Jesus is the Truth. John 14:6

Quote:
Where is the men of God, who worship only 1 God?

Where is the subjects of the Kingdom, who follow Christ as King?
Those keeping the faith and not following the crowd for unity's sake.

Quote:
Enough with the divisions. It is the work of evil to divide kingdoms. Ask Jesus, for He said this was so.
Titus 1:15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Matthew 10:33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Quote:
We wonder who is called Christian, and if they walk the steps WE think they should walk, mean while the hungry stay hungry. The lost remain lost. The downtrodden remain under foot. The slaves remain in bondage, remaining in chains they can feel, but not see. The weights of this lost world pulling men and women of God, down into the crappy mud with the swine of the earth.
Just as carnal teachers will lead others astray by forgetting this fact, so will religious zealots doubting the salvation of those that profess to believe.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 Corinthians 6: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

But disciples are called to train disciples by keeping the faith in following Jesus and loving one another.

Matthew 28: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Colossians 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

So if anyone is still hungry, lost, or in bondage, then they need to learn of Jesus Christ so that they may grow in their faith in Him by learning of all His promises to us so that they shall hunger no more nor thirst anymore.. be set free from all religious yokes of bondages as well as the bondages to sin and to death... to put on Jesus Christ as our wedding garment and the armour of God in this war of principality and dark forces.... looking to the author and finisher of our faith: the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippains 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:....9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

So let us look to Jesus to have us ready as the chaste bride.

1 John 3: 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1:24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 02:45 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,130,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
There should not be any thirst but a desire to learn of Jesus Christ.

John 6:35 John 5:39-40
Yea,,,isn't that what I said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ
Where is the thirst for the Word of the Lord?
Blessed are those who do....Matt 5:6

Quote:
Keeping the faith is the good fight. 2 Timothy 4:1-8 That will cause division, because some apostasies have slipped in that is not of faith.
Keeping the faith? Or maybe I should say living the faith. Hebrews,,,all of 11.

Quote:
Jesus is the Truth. John 14:6
I didn't ask who,,I asked WHERE. Any so called Christian can say who is Truth.

Quote:
Those keeping the faith and not following the crowd for unity's sake.
Yes, those people. Where are they? There is much to do, and so little time to do it, beginning with the gathering of the fellowship. Pehaps we are waiting on a call from our King Himself?

Quote:
Titus 1:15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Matthew 10:33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Just as carnal teachers will lead others astray by forgetting this fact, so will religious zealots doubting the salvation of those that profess to believe.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 Corinthians 6: 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Galatians 3:14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

But disciples are called to train disciples by keeping the faith in following Jesus and loving one another.

Matthew 28: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Colossians 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

So if anyone is still hungry, lost, or in bondage, then they need to learn of Jesus Christ so that they may grow in their faith in Him by learning of all His promises to us so that they shall hunger no more nor thirst anymore.. be set free from all religious yokes of bondages as well as the bondages to sin and to death... to put on Jesus Christ as our wedding garment and the armour of God in this war of principality and dark forces.... looking to the author and finisher of our faith: the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippains 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:....9And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

So let us look to Jesus to have us ready as the chaste bride.

1 John 3: 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jude 1:24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
You are good at quoting verses, but do you know what they really mean? This opinion in the midst stuck me as peculiar.

Quote:
This is the same religious junk the preachers keep spilling out of their mouths which sounds good to the ears, but without proper instruction leaves the lost, lost.

You say:

Quote:
So if anyone is still hungry, lost, or in bondage, then they need to learn of Jesus Christ so that they may grow in their faith in Him by learning of all His promises to us so that they shall hunger no more nor thirst anymore
And if someone learns these things, that are contrary to what you believe,,,then what? They are wrong? What if it is you that has this wrong. You may have the basic milk, but the meat may elude you.

Quote:
be set free from all religious yokes of bondages as well as the bondages to sin and to death.
Define sin. How is one in bondage to something most people cannot identify. And if they think they can, it is but words written on stone. Religion is the stone temples lost people worship in. The golden calf is the government the lost people serve, with their tithes and offerings. This is their god. The Law is written on every heart belonging to God. Yes, we can read them on stone tablets, but those are but words. Jesus tried explaining further what they meant to the religious folks of His day, and He is still trying to explain them to His Children even today.

Quote:
... to put on Jesus Christ as our wedding garment and the armour of God in this war of principality and dark forces..
Put on Jesus Christ. Put Him on. Let Him in. Let others see. Making no provisions for the flesh, neither to it's lusts. He is the King of all of us kings. The Lord of all of us lords(sovereigns).

Anyway, good discussion so far.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,229,155 times
Quote:
Nope. He will return when it is time for Him to return. We must live accordingly as if any time.

The general weapons of war. You know, how we build because they build.

Never said that. Each must do what they are called to do.

You guessed wrong. Slaves must do what their masters tell them to. But if they can be free, seek it.

At the turn of the century. Do you know your history? If not, learn it.

Sure they are. That is the divine spark. Sadly, the majority do not live it though. Through generations of conditioning, the spark has grown dim. The love has waxed cold.

No, this way of life will end. Every government since the beginning has come to a close. Except 1.
America is not all humanity just one small part. God is concerned with all humanity.

If you don't like public education just home school (or private). My children never spent 1 second in a government run school. Yes, it sucks that I had to pay for public school AND my kids private school. Yet with the public school opportunities open up for the poverty stricken - I don't mind paying for that. The government never complained about us never sending our kids to public school which tells me we are still a free society. Just keep good records of the work your kids have done at home.

You need a coherent plan as some of your points seem a bit vague (some of your answers to what I quoted from you seem to contradict). Vague spiritual protests are inspiring but sometimes ineffective.

Proof for love for God is treating your neighbor as yourself. This is how Jesus took it from a religious (legalistic) idea and made it practical.

Render to Caesar what is Caesar's - no problem.

Corruption is very real and should be fought against. If you believe the bible you should know that God rules in the affairs of men so this end time global dictator theories are garbage.

Last edited by firstborn888; 12-31-2009 at 07:25 PM..

Old 12-31-2009, 07:26 PM

53,409 posts, read 67,745,220 times
per OP
you are disappointed arent you, me too a little bit.
think god fell asleep and needs some help squaring accounts?
most have forgotten about archangel michael, they think god is all about archangel gabrial.
trust me what you pray for is coming.
focus not on them but make sure your own hands are super clean
happy new year.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
America is not all humanity just one small part. God is concerned with all humanity.

If you don't like public education just home school (or private). My children never spent 1 second in a government run school. Yes, it sucks that I had to pay for public school AND my kids private school. Yet with the public school opportunities open up for the poverty stricken - I don't mind paying for that. The government never complained about us never sending our kids to public school which tells me we are still a free society. Just keep good records of the work your kids have done at home.

You need a coherent plan as some of your points seem a bit vague (some of your answers to what I quoted from you seem to contradict). Vague spiritual protests are inspiring but sometimes ineffective.

Proof for love for God is treating your neighbor as yourself. This is how Jesus took it from a religious (legalistic) idea and made it practical.

Render to Caesar what is Caesar's - no problem.

Corruption is very real and should be fought against. If you believe the bible you should know that God rules in the affairs of men so this end time global dictator theories are garbage.

1Sa 8:7
The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being King over them.

1Sa 8:18
"Then you will cry out in that day because of your king(S) whom you have chosen for yourselves, but the LORD will not answer you in that day."

Luk 19:27
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want ME to REIGN over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

Who are the enemies? Think hard.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
per OP
you are disappointed arent you, me too a little bit.
think god fell asleep and needs some help squaring accounts?
most have forgotten about archangel michael, they think god is all about archangel gabrial.
trust me what you pray for is coming.
focus not on them but make sure your own hands are super clean
happy new year.
I hear ya. I am trying to sound the warning before it is too late. As long as there is a breath in this body,,the message needs to get out. The Kingdom is at hand. The day of reckoning, is now.

My hands are far from super clean, as they drip from the blood of the cross. We ALL are guilty of the hammer pounding in those nails when we serve other gods, and worship things other than God Almighty. Father, forgive us, for we know not what we do. But having known what we did? Repent! Turn to Him. Follow the Shepherd. Bow to the King. Submit to no evil man, or evil world. Only His perfect Kingdom.

When Michael stands up,,,it is too late. All hell will be broken loose, and it will not be pretty.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:30 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,229,155 times
Quote:

Who are the enemies? Think hard.
Don't have to think to hard - we are the enemies. If we let selfishness control our thoughts and actions. It's really really simple. Love always conquers evil.

I perceive you have a good heart. As I said - PROOF of love for God comes out in how you treat others. Your fear/concern of catastrophic destruction is possibly partially founded but probably not the most effective way to advance the Kingdom of God - in fact I'm sure it's not.

I do agree with you though - the Kingdom of God is in our hands. Showing selfless love is the catalyst for transformation. Trying to implement some kind of a western Christian version of shakira law is definitely not the answer.

Please lay out some practical plans to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Is. 59:6 Their webs will not become garments, Nor will they cover themselves with their works; Their works are works of iniquity, And the act of violence is in their hands. 7 Their feet run to evil, And they make haste to shed innocent blood; Their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; Wasting and destruction are in their paths. 8 The way of peace they have not known, And there is no justice in their ways; They have made themselves crooked paths; Whoever takes that way shall not know peace.

Last edited by firstborn888; 01-01-2010 at 01:44 AM..

Old 01-01-2010, 02:09 AM

1,837 posts, read 3,410,335 times
I just posted on Betsey's thread "when I go to sleep" (post number 71) just after midnight and then I read your thread. What a confirmation for me.

Yes, we need to wake up. We all need to stop being distracted and start focusing on God through His Word. Our enemy has been roaming around looking for someone to devour for a long time and unless we have the full armor on and we use the Sword (the Word) we will not know how to fight him. Our battle is not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places. In other words we are supposed to be fighting a spiritual battle. We as Christians have been laying wounded on the ground under the foot of the enemy for too long. We have become ineffective because we are not studying, we are not fighting and we are not walking and living the life that we were called to live. What kind of life is that? Not much of one in my experience. I am tired of living a defeated miserable, ineffective, hypocritical life.. How about you? Are we ready to place Jesus above all else? Are we ready to repent of the sin of complacency and are we ready to live the victorious life that Christ has promised when he died and was resurrected for us? Are we truly living with the Power of the Holy Spirit radiating in our lives and touching others? I don't know about you but I want so much more for my life. God help us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity