Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

A bit of humour....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFjL...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post

I also danced (something I never do) to the tune of "Sweet Home Alabama" with a very special person - someone this forum knows very well.

1- Refer to bolded statement, above.

2- Alleged "special person" knows darn well that you rehearsed and/or otherwise practiced those dance moves prior to forcing her out on the dance floor! --Oh, and don't think that alleged "special 'person" doesn't recognize you in the video, below. Sent to her by your dance instructor at Julliard!

Ah, the tangled web of lies we weave, you little 'John Travolta inspired' dancer, you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSiAhBijZs

Ah, the memories!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:43 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
...And June must add, Troop, that you really did 'turn it out' in both your dancing prowess, and vocal rendition of "Sweet Home Alabama!" June was quite impressed by the expense you did not spare in providing the newly married couple with this performance, as highlighted, below.

Wow. Who knew that for such a seemingly quiet guy, you really had it in you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014

Good job, Troop!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:59 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

Wow. Who knew that for such a seemingly quiet guy, you really had it in you?
What I had in me was enough alcohol to kill a rhinoceros. Consider yourself lucky that I kept my dance moves to a minimum and that I decided not to flaunt any further musical prowess by singing karaoke. True rhythmic and musical genius should only be released in small doses... There's a whole lot more where that came from!

Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company.
And all the harm I've ever done, Alas ! It was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit, To mem'ry now I can't recall.
So fill to me the parting glass, Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Oh, all the comrades e're I had, They're sorry for my going away.
And all the sweethearts e'er I had, They'd wish me one more day to stay.
But since it falls onto my lot, That I should rise and you should not.
I gently rise and softly call, That I should go and you should not.
Goodnight and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend, And leisure time to sit awhile.
There is a fair maid in this town, That sorely has my heart beguiled.
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own she has my heart in thrall.
Then fill to me the parting glass, Goodnight and joy be with you all.

YouTube - the High Kings perform the parting glass2

I fill my parting glass to the brim with Jamison's Irish Whiskey, of course, and I raise it to you all in a fitting tribute to the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010. Goodnight and joy be with you all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity