U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,102,518 times
Reputation: 665

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
1 Cor. 15:3 - For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

1 Pet. 3:18 - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God,

People need Christ. Period. Love on its own won't give anyone eternal life.
Yes, according to your scripture. I don't believe that to be true. Just because it's in the bible, does not make it true. The scripture that Jesus wants us to follow is the scripture of Love.
Jesus brings us to God because He was the first, not the last, to become Divine. He told everyone that we could do the same. He never said He would be the only one. He said we would do what He did and even more. You cannot do that if you do not have the Love of God in your soul even if you believe Jesus died for you. Divine Love makes you At-One with God. Nothing else.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
25,776 posts, read 13,820,865 times
Reputation: 9837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
While that may be true, the Law of Love covers all sin from murder to a false belief. No person can do anything for you, even Jesus. He cannot forgive nor take away any sin. God and you together can.
Matt. 9:5-7 - "Which is easier, to say, `Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, `Get up, and walk'? "But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--then He said to the paralytic, "Get up, pick up your bed and go home." And he got up and went home.

You say you believe in the teachings of Jesus - but not really. You have only chosen certain teachings to believe - and you have rejected others. You do this at your own peril.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
When we Love, we are doing the work that Jesus wants us to do. No other work is important. Whay do you think that Mother Teresa never changed the environments in which she worked? She was following the Law of Love. She was sowing those seeds so that the ones she taught could also do the work. Love fulfills all the Law. Period.
OK - she changed life on earth - for 70-80 years. What happens in eternity? Was her sins forgiven? You cannot be in the presence of God while your sins remains on your account. The presence of Christ in you will usher you into God's presence after life on earth.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,102,518 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Matt. 9:5-7 - "Which is easier, to say, `Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, `Get up, and walk'? "But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--then He said to the paralytic, "Get up, pick up your bed and go home." And he got up and went home.

You say you believe in the teachings of Jesus - but not really. You have only chosen certain teachings to believe - and you have rejected others. You do this at your own peril.
As for the healing act which I performed at the pool of Bethesda*, I am reported to have said, "Is it easier to say, 'take up thy bed and walk,' than for God to forgive your sin?" Well, that is the way it is recorded, but that is not what I said. Actually I said, "That thou may know that the son of man through the power of God can forgive sin, I say unto you, `take up thy bed and walk'." It was only as God's instrument in showing man the way to His Divine Love, that I could bring about forgiveness of sin, and not by any power of my own. If God did not forgive, I could not and neither can any man.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - she changed life on earth - for 70-80 years. What happens in eternity? Was her sins forgiven? You cannot be in the presence of God while your sins remains on your account. The presence of Christ in you will usher you into God's presence after life on earth.
Well, I do know that Mother Teresa entered into the 5th sphere upon her death and she has since communicated through our mediums. Jesus was in the 7th when He passed and not in the presence of God. He still has not seen God although He can see and talk to Him through His soul perceptions. I have no idea how long it will take for Him to be in the presence of God. I don't know how trust worthy the info is but I have heard that there is only one person from earth who has been in God's presence. It took an extremely long time for him to do so. He is also one of the first humans that lived prior to Adam and Eve. Again, I don't know how true that is.

It takes millions of years for ordinary people, like us, to enter into God's presence. You will not see God, as well as I, when you enter Heaven. There are things to do and learn and rid our souls of before that time.

Addition: Most people on earth will arrive in the 1st or 2nd sphere upon death.

Last edited by Reverend1111; 01-11-2010 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: addition
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
25,776 posts, read 13,820,865 times
Reputation: 9837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Yes, according to your scripture. I don't believe that to be true. Just because it's in the bible, does not make it true. The scripture that Jesus wants us to follow is the scripture of Love.
I guess before I answer anything else - what is the scripture of Love?

By the way - it's not MY scripture. It is God's Word as He inspired all that is written within it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,102,518 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess before I answer anything else - what is the scripture of Love?

By the way - it's not MY scripture. It is God's Word as He inspired all that is written within it.
You believe it's God's word because you have been taught that it's true. I have never been taught that. I was never brought up in a church or a religious environment. It wasn't until I was in my mid thirties that I searched for God. I never even knew who Jesus was all throughout my life until I started listening to religious folk. They made the claim that another was God and I had to find out if it was true or not. I found it to be the latter.

The scripture of Love is Divine Love, what it is, how it works and how to obtain It.

"Why man must receive this Divine Love in order to be admitted to the Kingdom of Heaven or Celestial Kingdom."


In that Kingdom there are no spirits who have not received this Love, so that their natures are of the Divine Essence of the Father. I do not mean that any spirit is perfect in this Divine nature, but that the spirit has so much of this Divine Love in his soul as to make him in unison with the nature of the Father. There are different degrees of perfection, or rather there are different degrees of possession of this Love by the spirits, and their happiness and glory are dependent upon the amount of Love possessed by them. No spirit though, who is an inhabitant of this Kingdom, is without this Divine Love; and no spirit has in its soul any sin or error that may have been a part of it while in the earth life. All the spirits know that they are immortal, just as the Father is immortal; and this knowledge comes to them only from the possession of this Love which is the Divine Essence that flowed into their souls from the great Divine nature of the Father. Should anything in the soul not be in unison with the Soul of the Father, that spirit could not possibly enter into that Kingdom; and as the soul of such spirit remains in such condition of inharmony, it can never be received into the Celestial Kingdom.

And


God has certain principles which are fixed and which are necessary for men to know and obey in order for them to become at-one with Him and partake of His Divine nature; and if they fail to obey the requirements of these principles, they will forever be excluded from possessing that in their souls which will make them like the Father, and admit them to His Kingdom.
They, in such condition, or want of the qualifications, even though they were admitted to the Kingdom, would not be happy, for their condition would wholly fail to respond to those things in the Kingdom which give happiness to the true children of the Father; and they, of necessity, would be most unhappy, and heaven would not be a heaven to them. So you see, all spirits, in order to inhabit this Kingdom, must have the prescribed requirements of soul love and soul development.
As I said when on earth, "He that enters into the sheepfold in any other way than through the gate is a thief and a robber," and no thief or robber is fitted for this Kingdom of Divine Love. Let man know, that no Mercy or Love of the Father will be given him to enable him to enter this Kingdom, unless that man seeks this Love and this Mercy in the way the Father has ordained that they shall be sought for. No special providence will be extended to any man, and if he comes to the marriage feast without his wedding garment, he will be cast out and not be permitted to enjoy the feast. Men may reason to the extent of all their reasoning powers to prove that the Father, being a loving and merciful Father, will not cast them out or keep them from entering this Kingdom, because they are all His children and the objects of His Love and favor, and that one is as dear to Him as the other, and that He is no respecter of persons, and, therefore, will treat all alike; but I tell them that they are mistaken, and if they wait until the Great Day when the sheep shall be separated from the goats, they will realize to their everlasting exclusion from this Kingdom, that what I say is true.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
25,776 posts, read 13,820,865 times
Reputation: 9837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
As for the healing act which I performed at the pool of Bethesda*, I am reported to have said, "Is it easier to say, 'take up thy bed and walk,' than for God to forgive your sin?" Well, that is the way it is recorded, but that is not what I said. Actually I said, "That thou may know that the son of man through the power of God can forgive sin, I say unto you, `take up thy bed and walk'." It was only as God's instrument in showing man the way to His Divine Love, that I could bring about forgiveness of sin, and not by any power of my own. If God did not forgive, I could not and neither can any man.
Jesus said,...

John 8:24 - "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Well, I do know that Mother Teresa entered into the 5th sphere upon her death and she has since communicated through our mediums. Jesus was in the 7th when He passed and not in the presence of God. He still has not seen God although He can see and talk to Him through His soul perceptions. I have no idea how long it will take for Him to be in the presence of God. I don't know how trust worthy the info is but I have heard that there is only one person from earth who has been in God's presence. It took an extremely long time for him to do so. He is also one of the first humans that lived prior to Adam and Eve. Again, I don't know how true that is.

It takes millions of years for ordinary people, like us, to enter into God's presence. You will not see God, as well as I, when you enter Heaven. There are things to do and learn and rid our souls of before that time.

Addition: Most people on earth will arrive in the 1st or 2nd sphere upon death.
Regarding the presence of God, Jesus is there already. From Stephen...

Acts 7:55-56 - But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Regarding Adam and Eve - nobody has any real evidence about Adam and Eve. Anything from that time is taken by faith - regardless of the viewpoint. I choose to believe the Bible. Some think evolution. You say people existed prior to Adam. All of those views are by faith in someone's theory.

As for the remainder of your post - different spheres, millions of years - definitely not biblical stuff. You have yet to reveal your sources on this stuff.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,102,518 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus said,...

John 8:24 - "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."




Regarding the presence of God, Jesus is there already. From Stephen...

Acts 7:55-56 - But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Regarding Adam and Eve - nobody has any real evidence about Adam and Eve. Anything from that time is taken by faith - regardless of the viewpoint. I choose to believe the Bible. Some think evolution. You say people existed prior to Adam. All of those views are by faith in someone's theory.

As for the remainder of your post - different spheres, millions of years - definitely not biblical stuff. You have yet to reveal your sources on this stuff.
www.new-birth.net, www.monjoronson.com, www.1111angels.net and the Urantia Book.

There are a couple more but I don't remember the web address as I have it bookmarked from my home computer. I also have read quite a few spiritual books that relate to the spirit world as well as books that tell of a couple of people who have told of their experience in the spirit world. Not OBE's but people who have died nad are progressing through the heavens.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
25,776 posts, read 13,820,865 times
Reputation: 9837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
You believe it's God's word because you have been taught that it's true. I have never been taught that. I was never brought up in a church or a religious environment. It wasn't until I was in my mid thirties that I searched for God. I never even knew who Jesus was all throughout my life until I started listening to religious folk. They made the claim that another was God and I had to find out if it was true or not. I found it to be the latter.

The scripture of Love is Divine Love, what it is, how it works and how to obtain It.

"Why man must receive this Divine Love in order to be admitted to the Kingdom of Heaven or Celestial Kingdom."


In that Kingdom there are no spirits who have not received this Love, so that their natures are of the Divine Essence of the Father. I do not mean that any spirit is perfect in this Divine nature, but that the spirit has so much of this Divine Love in his soul as to make him in unison with the nature of the Father. There are different degrees of perfection, or rather there are different degrees of possession of this Love by the spirits, and their happiness and glory are dependent upon the amount of Love possessed by them. No spirit though, who is an inhabitant of this Kingdom, is without this Divine Love; and no spirit has in its soul any sin or error that may have been a part of it while in the earth life. All the spirits know that they are immortal, just as the Father is immortal; and this knowledge comes to them only from the possession of this Love which is the Divine Essence that flowed into their souls from the great Divine nature of the Father. Should anything in the soul not be in unison with the Soul of the Father, that spirit could not possibly enter into that Kingdom; and as the soul of such spirit remains in such condition of inharmony, it can never be received into the Celestial Kingdom.

And


God has certain principles which are fixed and which are necessary for men to know and obey in order for them to become at-one with Him and partake of His Divine nature; and if they fail to obey the requirements of these principles, they will forever be excluded from possessing that in their souls which will make them like the Father, and admit them to His Kingdom.
They, in such condition, or want of the qualifications, even though they were admitted to the Kingdom, would not be happy, for their condition would wholly fail to respond to those things in the Kingdom which give happiness to the true children of the Father; and they, of necessity, would be most unhappy, and heaven would not be a heaven to them. So you see, all spirits, in order to inhabit this Kingdom, must have the prescribed requirements of soul love and soul development.
As I said when on earth, "He that enters into the sheepfold in any other way than through the gate is a thief and a robber," and no thief or robber is fitted for this Kingdom of Divine Love. Let man know, that no Mercy or Love of the Father will be given him to enable him to enter this Kingdom, unless that man seeks this Love and this Mercy in the way the Father has ordained that they shall be sought for. No special providence will be extended to any man, and if he comes to the marriage feast without his wedding garment, he will be cast out and not be permitted to enjoy the feast. Men may reason to the extent of all their reasoning powers to prove that the Father, being a loving and merciful Father, will not cast them out or keep them from entering this Kingdom, because they are all His children and the objects of His Love and favor, and that one is as dear to Him as the other, and that He is no respecter of persons, and, therefore, will treat all alike; but I tell them that they are mistaken, and if they wait until the Great Day when the sheep shall be separated from the goats, they will realize to their everlasting exclusion from this Kingdom, that what I say is true.
So this answer came from the revelation of James Padgett in 1915.

Why men must receive Divine Love to be admitted to the Celestial Kingdom. Vol 2 pg:85

You have various revelations made by Jesus to these men that contradict what is in the Bible. Why trust Jesus at all? He couldn't get it right in the Bible - so he reveals his corrections 1900 years later. Why the long wait?

The virgin birth is no longer a virgin birth as corrected by Mary through Dr. Samuels. If that is true - then no one goes to heaven - Jesus' sacrifice is useless since he was born through man and is therefore "in Adam".

There are numerous contradictions of this theology with the Bible that you are aware of. All I can say is that their theology will get you nowhere - and it is THEIR theology. You will not get to heaven. You will not have eternal life.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,102,518 times
Reputation: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So this answer came from the revelation of James Padgett in 1915.

Why men must receive Divine Love to be admitted to the Celestial Kingdom. Vol 2 pg:85

You have various revelations made by Jesus to these men that contradict what is in the Bible. Why trust Jesus at all? He couldn't get it right in the Bible - so he reveals his corrections 1900 years later. Why the long wait?
Jesus tried several times to bring the Truth to light but the souls of the persons were not ready and interpreted their own views into the translations. Jesus knew that James would be the one to carry the truths and not edit what was channeled. The Mormons also received the new information but it was later distorted by their leaders.

What you see in those messages have not been added to or anything taken away. They are the actual messages. Most of it is true, however, with any mediumship, there will always be a little of the mediums ideas. That is where the Divine Love comes into play. With Divine Love, you can know at a soul level what is true and what is false. They must be read with the soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The virgin birth is no longer a virgin birth as corrected by Mary through Dr. Samuels. If that is true - then no one goes to heaven - Jesus' sacrifice is useless since he was born through man and is therefore "in Adam".
While the virgin birth is not true as perceived by most christians, Mary did know Joseph when she conceived.
I don't understand the not getting into heaven part. I cannot comprehend that God would make man in His soul image and then say that the material man had to something in order to get into heaven. We are soul first and foremost and being a virgin or not has nothing to do with the soul. What gets us to heaven has to be at a soul level and sex is only created for this world. We will have no sexual organs in the spirit world because we will be spirt and soul and not material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There are numerous contradictions of this theology with the Bible that you are aware of. All I can say is that their theology will get you nowhere - and it is THEIR theology. You will not get to heaven. You will not have eternal life.
That is why Jesus came to correct the wrongs. I'm not sayinig that you need to abandon your own beliefs but I would tell you to pray for Divine Love while you are praying.

Saying that I will not get into heaven or have eternal life is a statement made by someone who does not comprehend what God has planned. You say your beliefs are true while mine are not. You don't know that for certain, only what you have been taught.

We are soul first and foremost. What need to we have for material things when we will leave this world behind and never return? Material things do not get us to heaven. Believing that Jesus saves from sin and only the belief in Him gets us to heaven is like saying I can go murder someone and still get into heaven if I believe Jesus died for my sins. The mere belief gets you nowher while Divine Love cleanses the soul and makes it At-one with God. Belief is of the mind while Divine Love is of the soul. You cannot believe love into being. You have to actually ask for it so that it becomes real and everlasting and a part of you.

Why do you believe the way you do? Is it because you have found it comforting? Can you say for certain that you love all? Can you say for certain that you are perfect in every way?
If you are perfect, you would not condemn another for their beliefs. You would be understanding and let go and let God take care of it and still love them.

We all have some flaw or another. If we control another and tell them that what they believe is wrong, we are not acting on love. Love cannot abide with control as that is negative. Anything not done in Love goes against God and everything we are. We were created perfect and we remain perfect. Because we err, we have encrustments that cover that perfection. Our job is to uncover the Light with Love by loving God and our neighbors.

Religion isn't necessary for Love.

All things will be corrected in the spirit world. Why weigh your soul down by worrying about what beliefs another hold? It's not worth losing your own soul over.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
 
1 posts, read 606 times
Reputation: 10
Cool Mythy of Christian Superiority

Mr Hume should be permitted to express his views. However, he should be aware that there are people who might lambast him.

Having studied many religions and having observed the adherents of the several religions, I would say that Mr Hume do the same.Many Christians regard their religion as superior.Look at facts before making such preposterous statements. What Woods needs is MORALITY, not necessarily affiliation with any religion.

Buddhist teachings goes much deeper than Christians imagine.If one were to recommend any religion to a wayward person like Woods,I would recommend Buddhism.I do not think that Woods was truely a Buddhist.
How many Buddhists could you name that descended deeply as Woods into the morass of immorality? How many Christians could you name that
descended inot the morass of immorality? Millions. The decadent West has little to offer to humanity's immersion into immorality. Western Europe and the USA ,inhabited in great numbers by Christians, are evidence of the increasingly decay of Western culture.

Look at facts,folks not nebulous statements not grounded in reality!Have you heard of the Catholic Church and its leaders who have committed some of the most barbaric and reprehensible acts against innocent children women!

For Mr Hume's information, Classical Buddhists were atheists-they did not
require an emphirical prop to maintain inner peace.Yet,they were morally very upright.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top