U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 PM

988 posts, read 1,558,261 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
attitude???? Do I have a black attitude, what does that even mean? Give me a break about labeling others, if a person is a stupid individual then he or she is a stupid individual and Tiger Woods is a stupid individual and he is showing his stupidity in so many ways.

On the other hand Tiger might make a good modern Christian - he could join Jimmy Swaggart's church. They would love to get his tithe and would be glad to over look his indiscretions. Birds of a feather etc....

HK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 PM

4,439 posts, read 7,998,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Well, you know, we are guaranteed freedom of speech in this country..That is good

Christians should not pretend to see into a person's heart and make a judgement about his relationship with God....That is bad..
Miss Blue I agree with you. However for a major news organization to so blatantly offer this up on its NEWS program is off base. If it were on O'Reilly or Beck or any other of the idiotic shows they have it would just be.. well normal.

It begins to get scary when you have a news organization injecting the personal religion of the pundit INTO the story.. thus.. making a story FROM a story.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:52 PM

25,422 posts, read 13,609,962 times
Honestly - I am amazed by the comments - I not much amazes me any more.

There is only one positive comment.

Two people complain saying he doesn't know what's in Tiger's heart. One person says that Brit's method was incorrect. Two complaints about FOX News. One complaint about being tacky.

We wonder why Christianity is where it is in this country - and this thread is representative of our problems.

He took a chance and proclaimed Christianity in an arena where this NEVER occurs anymore. Mentioning Christ, on a news/opinion show, in the correct context, is a big deal - and believe me, unbelievers are howling - and I guess some of us are too.

Phil. 1:15-18 - Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,

Old 01-05-2010, 12:53 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,343,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Miss Blue I agree with you. However for a major news organization to so blatantly offer this up on its NEWS program is off base. If it were on O'Reilly or Beck or any other of the idiotic shows they have it would just be.. well normal.

It begins to get scary when you have a news organization injecting the personal religion of the pundit INTO the story.. thus.. making a story FROM a story.
as opposed to a liberal injecting their inept secular philosophy in a story i.e. The Washington Post. They all do it so why are you singling out Fox News and what does this have to do with Christianity?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
as opposed to a liberal injecting their inept secular philosophy in a story i.e. The Washington Post. They all do it so why are you singling out Fox News and what does this have to do with Christianity?
I'm singling out Fox News because the Original Post (OP) in this thread speaks directly to that as they posted a video of Britt Hume (a Fox News correspondent) on Fox News (per the video).

Its called keeping the thread on track.

If you'd like me to comment on The Washington Post then simply post a video of them "injecting their secular philosophy"..

I'll wait patiently for that video fundy.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:35 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,081,953 times
Quote:
attitude???? Do I have a black attitude, what does that even mean? Give me a break about labeling others, if a person is a stupid individual then he or she is a stupid individual and Tiger Woods is a stupid individual and he is showing his stupidity in so many ways.

The last thing I would do is to tell Tiger Woods to try on Jesus like He is some kind of coat. You give Tiger the gospel rightly and pray that the Holy Spirit grows him in holiness, discernment and wisdom.
Excuse me? I don't believe I was talking about you, Fundy. There is a difference. black people can act and talk black as well as white. Was Tiger saying his attitude is black or was he talking about the color of his skin. They are two different things.

I wasn't labeling. I have lots of friends who happen to be black. White is also a label you know. Would you also like to know the other colors of races cause we can go there too.

If you tell Tiger about Love, it will go a lot farther than "the gospel". Love is God and God is Love.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I'm singling out Fox News because the Original Post (OP) in this thread speaks directly to that as they posted a video of Britt Hume (a Fox News correspondent) on Fox News (per the video).

Its called keeping the thread on track.

If you'd like me to comment on The Washington Post then simply post a video of them "injecting their secular philosophy"..

I'll wait patiently for that video fundy.
Your quote
Quote:
It begins to get scary when you have a news organization injecting the personal religion of the pundit INTO the story
My quote
Quote:
as opposed to a liberal injecting their inept secular philosophy in a story
I knew you would use that excuse but you don't fool me. You only comment when Christianity is being injected into the mainstream and you hate that. Using words like "scary" I don't agree with what Brit Hume said but I wouldn't use a word like "scary" his advice is better than any secular advice I have heard from others towards Tiger. Your hatred for Fox News has blinded you to reason that you would use a word like "scary" when someone proposes to someone else to seek Jesus Christ.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I knew you would use that excuse but you don't fool me.
Just as I knew you would make a wild accusation without submitting any actual evidence and then would expect me to comment on your accusation (again that you provided zero evidence for).

I'll keep waiting for that video Fundy.. anything at all. Until you provide it I'll just assume you to be a liar.

Quote:
You only comment when Christianity is being injected into the mainstream and you hate that.
Post when a newscaster or a pundit injected their personal muslim beliefs or buddist beliefs into a story. I'll be happy to hate that too.. just so happens Fox News carefully straps a cross to their back every single morning thus they are my easiest target.

I'll wait for those videos of other newscasters or pundits injecting their personal religious beliefs into the story.

Again... let me know.

Quote:
Using words like "scary" I don't agree with what Brit Hume said but I wouldn't use a word like "scary"
I could care less what word you would or wouldn't use. Just letting you know so you don't waste your time telling me what word you would or wouldn't use.

Quote:
His advice is better than any secular advice I have heard from others towards Tiger.
His "advice" is not "The News". Again fundy read what I wrote. Britt spoke this on a fox "NEWS" show. Not one of their commentary shows. The NEWS.

I'll wait for those videos Fundy. I just know they have you so fired up you probably are posting them right now because they are probably just at your fingertips..

tick tock.. tick tock..

Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Excuse me? I don't believe I was talking about you, Fundy. There is a difference. black people can act and talk black as well as white. Was Tiger saying his attitude is black or was he talking about the color of his skin. They are two different things.

I wasn't labeling. I have lots of friends who happen to be black. White is also a label you know. Would you also like to know the other colors of races cause we can go there too.

If you tell Tiger about Love, it will go a lot farther than "the gospel". Love is God and God is Love.
I am black Reverend and NO! there is no difference between black people and white people in acting and talking, it is a class issue not color......and honestly you should stop right there.

Quote:
If you tell Tiger about Love, it will go a lot farther than "the gospel". Love is God and God is Love
Something can go alot further than the gospel....that is not even scriptural

Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,081,953 times
Quote:
I am black Reverend and NO! there is no difference between black people and white people in acting and talking, it is a class issue not color......and honestly you should stop right there.

Something can go alot further than the gospel....that is not even scriptural
I know what color you are Fundy and it makes no difference to me what it is. We are all the same at the soul level. It's our actions outside of that that people put a label on. That is what I was referring to.

And yes, Love is extremely scriptural unles you have not read that part of your bible. "Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself". - Jesus

You can look it up if you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or