U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM

4,439 posts, read 7,956,881 times

Advertisements

Furthermore Fundy..

What absolutely pisses me off (as I've stated MANY times) is Fox lathering Christianity throughout their network..

while at the same time promoting a movement like the Teabaggers..

this is Dale Robertson

Know who he is? He is the HEAD of Teaparty.org whose aim is to:

"developing strategy to bring the Republic back under the control of ‘We The People"

So now I have my faith.. the thing that I believe in.. grouped in with a political movement that Fox marketed on their broadcast.

They didn't just report on the Teaparty movement.. their network held Tea Party rallies.. there was one here in San Antonio.

Do you see now why I absolutely HATE that Fox news ABUSES the religion it so proudly drips all over their "News"?

Is any of this making any sense to you?

1776 Tea Party

The Brit Hume story is just another example of what they do.. what they allow to happen. They allow it to happen because it makes them WILDLY successful.

Which.. is SCARY. It is SCARY to me that in this country people are so blinded.

Perhaps I hyperbole too much..

or perhaps not enough..

we'll never really know..

Oh.. and in case you ever think Fox has not promoted the tea party events..

and

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,770,967 times
The Daily Show had a funny segment on this topic:
Daily Show Ridicules Hume On Tiger And Jesus (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM

32,538 posts, read 28,474,511 times
Wow!! Good for Brit. And I've been thinking the exact same thing.

I'l love to see Tiger turn to someone like Kurt Warner for guidance and help. Kurt's a married man who works hard to live his faith even when surrounded by all the trappings of success as a professional football player. Tony Dungy, Troy Polamalu... There are a lot of serious Christians in sports whose advice and counsel Tiger could benefit from.

I've been watching Tiger since he was a little kid playing golf in Anaheim. He's done a tremendous amount of good in that community with his center. I want nothing but good things for him.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 PM

24,559 posts, read 13,179,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I stated it that way because God Himself is not religious. He could care less if we were christian, muslim, taoist or buddhist. What God looks at is the soul of the man. The soul has no religion. If you follow love, you don't need religion. I follow Christ because He is the personification of Divine Love. He is Love as God is Love. That is what makes me a Divine Love Christian.
The only thing I agree with is God is not religious. God, like the humans He created, is about relationships. He has a relationship with the Son whom He sent into the world. And the Son says...

John 5:24(b) - He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

It's about relationships - primarily with God's Son.

There is no Divine Love Christian. There is Christ alone - His life - His death - His resurrection. You have a relationship with Him, or you don't. That's it. Everything else is useless.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM

4,325 posts, read 5,048,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The only thing I agree with is God is not religious. God, like the humans He created, is about relationships. He has a relationship with the Son whom He sent into the world. And the Son says...

John 5:24(b) - He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

It's about relationships - primarily with God's Son.

There is no Divine Love Christian. There is Christ alone - His life - His death - His resurrection. You have a relationship with Him, or you don't. That's it. Everything else is useless.
So then, where does that leave God? You are putting Jesus before God. That is blasphemy and not what Jesus taught.
Jesus taught the way to God. I follow what He taught and that is Divine Love. If you do not have the substance of God, you cannot enter into His Kingdom, therefore, you will never see God. The way Jesus lived His life and what He taught is the way to the Kingdom and no man can enter unless He is Divine.
If you believe that death is what gets you to Heaven, namely Jesus' death, then I'm pretty darned sure you won't see God. If you think the resurrection is what gets you to Heaven, then, again, you won't see God. The only way into the Kingdom of God and the only way you can ever see Him is to become Divine. The only way you can become Divine is to ask God for His very substance, Divine Love. That is what Jesus taught while on earth and that is what he is still teaching throughout the Heavens.
Just because it's written in a book, by man, does not make it true. Your soul is what you should be working on and not what someone else did with their own life and how they died. Jesus died a horrible death because man refused to understand Him. They are still refusing and, once you are in the spirit world, you will only have yourself to blame.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,064,303 times
Quote:
Best and most truthful NEWS I've seen in a long time.

Why would a Christian have a problem with Christ being exalted?

Thanks for posting, I had not heard of this before reading this.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
So then, where does that leave God? You are putting Jesus before God. That is blasphemy and not what Jesus taught.
Jesus taught the way to God. I follow what He taught and that is Divine Love. If you do not have the substance of God, you cannot enter into His Kingdom, therefore, you will never see God. The way Jesus lived His life and what He taught is the way to the Kingdom and no man can enter unless He is Divine.
If you believe that death is what gets you to Heaven, namely Jesus' death, then I'm pretty darned sure you won't see God. If you think the resurrection is what gets you to Heaven, then, again, you won't see God. The only way into the Kingdom of God and the only way you can ever see Him is to become Divine. The only way you can become Divine is to ask God for His very substance, Divine Love. That is what Jesus taught while on earth and that is what he is still teaching throughout the Heavens.
Just because it's written in a book, by man, does not make it true. Your soul is what you should be working on and not what someone else did with their own life and how they died. Jesus died a horrible death because man refused to understand Him. They are still refusing and, once you are in the spirit world, you will only have yourself to blame.
So you don't believe what Jesus says in the Bible.

What is your source?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 AM

4,325 posts, read 5,048,844 times
Quote:
So you don't believe what Jesus says in the Bible.

What is your source?
Not all of it. And the source isn't important. It's the message the source conveys that matters.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:45 PM

6,715 posts, read 11,875,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
People who posted in this thread. Do you hate Jesus?
Nah. At least not the way I understand it. I do tend to hate most people's version of Jesus, though...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Not all of it. And the source isn't important. It's the message the source conveys that matters.
The source isn't important?? - - Sure it is. The source was important for Adam and Eve - they listened to the wrong source and look what happened to them?

Who are you listening to? In whom is your faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or