U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
21,770 posts, read 11,380,673 times
Reputation: 8028

Advertisements

This is something you just don't see on TV...


Brit Hume: Jesus Christ Offers Tiger Woods Something Tiger Woods Desperately Needs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 AM
 
18,347 posts, read 11,188,465 times
Reputation: 4717
Good for him. About time a Christian can say what they think. Of course he will be tarred and feathered for it by some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 4,804,164 times
Reputation: 659
And I suppose all of you know what's in Tiger's heart. Do you always listen to others without going to the source? Did you actually talk to Tiger to hear his truth? Gossip is evil so if you want to know what is true, talk to Tiger. Just one more reason I don't listen to news or gossip. Bad, bad, bad.

Why would he need to convert to christianity? There are other good religions out there that can help him if he is in the wrong. Until then, don't believe everything you hear on the news or from other ministers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
21,770 posts, read 11,380,673 times
Reputation: 8028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
And I suppose all of you know what's in Tiger's heart. Do you always listen to others without going to the source? Did you actually talk to Tiger to hear his truth? Gossip is evil so if you want to know what is true, talk to Tiger. Just one more reason I don't listen to news or gossip. Bad, bad, bad.

Why would he need to convert to christianity? There are other good religions out there that can help him if he is in the wrong. Until then, don't believe everything you hear on the news or from other ministers.
Just curious - do you consider yourself a Christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 AM
 
4,439 posts, read 7,690,175 times
Reputation: 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Mr. Hume appears to have had a conversion of sorts after the suicide of his son.

However, I find it a bit tacky to be so outwardly expressing his faith on what Fox would refer to as a NEWS show as it relates to Tiger Woods.

However, since Fox News has positioned itself firmly in the lap of the Christian Right Wing it really is no surprise..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 4,804,164 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just curious - do you consider yourself a Christian?
I'm a Divine Love Christian. I follow Jesus and Love.

The reason I made the comment is because so many people in the world will believe what they hear on the news. FOX news is the worst. We don't know what is real. News people only print or relate what they believe the people want to hear. For all we know, Tiger could have said something totally different than what has been reported and the editors cut and pasted what they felt the world was hungry for. If the media would tell the actual truth for once, news would be a lot better to listen to. They lie and cheat the world through their words.

You know, I used to work for a large company. There was all kinds of gossip going on all the time. So, everytime I heard something about someone, I would actually go to the person the gossip was about and ask them what the truth was. Nine times out of ten, the gossip was false or exagerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 09:31 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 11,808,834 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I'm a Divine Love Christian. I follow Jesus and Love.

The reason I made the comment is because so many people in the world will believe what they hear on the news. FOX news is the worst. We don't know what is real. News people only print or relate what they believe the people want to hear. For all we know, Tiger could have said something totally different than what has been reported and the editors cut and pasted what they felt the world was hungry for. If the media would tell the actual truth for once, news would be a lot better to listen to. They lie and cheat the world through their words.

You know, I used to work for a large company. There was all kinds of gossip going on all the time. So, everytime I heard something about someone, I would actually go to the person the gossip was about and ask them what the truth was. Nine times out of ten, the gossip was false or exagerated.
ALL News is the worst, don't single out Fox, secondly we are beyond gossip. Tiger Woods is a very stupid individual (I came to that realization a few years ago when he said, he wasn't black), it's a fact; it's on all the "reputable" news stations like Entertainment Tonight and third, I wouldn't tell anyone to try on Jesus. I would give them the gospel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 4,804,164 times
Reputation: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
ALL News is the worst, don't single out Fox, secondly we are beyond gossip. Tiger Woods is a very stupid individual (I came to that realization a few years ago when he said, he wasn't black), it's a fact; it's on all the "reputable" news stations like Entertainment Tonight and third, I wouldn't tell anyone to try on Jesus. I would give them the gospel.
Yes, all news is bad unless they truely report what the truth is. And, just because it's reputable, doesn't mean it's more honest. I've seen that before.

Was he referring to his color or his attitude? It would make the difference. And that doesn't make him stupid. Labeling others is also a bad thing, Fundie. You don't want to fall into that trap. You shouldn't call others names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
 
8,989 posts, read 11,808,834 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Yes, all news is bad unless they truely report what the truth is. And, just because it's reputable, doesn't mean it's more honest. I've seen that before.

Was he referring to his color or his attitude? It would make the difference. And that doesn't make him stupid. Labeling others is also a bad thing, Fundie. You don't want to fall into that trap. You shouldn't call others names.
attitude???? Do I have a black attitude, what does that even mean? Give me a break about labeling others, if a person is a stupid individual then he or she is a stupid individual and Tiger Woods is a stupid individual and he is showing his stupidity in so many ways.

The last thing I would do is to tell Tiger Woods to try on Jesus like He is some kind of coat. You give Tiger the gospel rightly and pray that the Holy Spirit grows him in holiness, discernment and wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,300 posts, read 20,011,010 times
Reputation: 17108
Well, you know, we are guaranteed freedom of speech in this country..That is good

Christians should not pretend to see into a person's heart and make a judgement about his relationship with God....That is bad..
__________________
Moderator of:
Christianity
Religion & Spirituality
Non Romantic Relationships
Parenting

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top