U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM

26,925 posts, read 17,601,077 times

Advertisements

The simple fact is christianity is not superior in any way shape or form .

It's Jesus himself who is far superior , it's Him whose name is above all other names who is far superior, it's Him that did what no man or other god that is worshiped did who is far superior.

Romans 5
6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

This is why He is superior and any named religion is inferior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,586 times
Am I being a bigot or just brutally honest? [/quote]

I don't know. It's the Lord who judges our hearts and not even we ourselves. I think Jesus is superior to all other so called gods or man-made religions that are not according to His way.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:58 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,098,002 times
There are two superior beliefs amongst the human herd. One is atheism and the other is christianity. The rest, in between, is watered down bs of some sort. I don't mean the tripe unenlightened atheism that is found at this City Forum thing where the atheist knows all things without knowing how they know it, and like the scribes and pharisees, teach without power and authority, but an atheism with a rational epistemological base-with a genuine metaphysic (not the reading palms tripe but the intellectual foundational type), if you will. By christian, I also don't mean the unintellectual christianity that one finds abounding nowadays, but the one that also has a genuine and rational metaphysic worthy of the human being. Both these systems are like brothers; very, very close:as well as very, very, far apart (Romans killed christians because they thought christians were atheists, and that was illegal at that time)-a thesis/antithesis, if you will, of a very similar although very different genus; after all, god became a man, not a bird or a toaster. They are part of a great dialectic that always defies sublimation. Despite the rantings here that christianity is not rational, that is furthest from the truth and a properly constructed atheism would know this and also attempt a rational structure worthy of the human being (all things are rational but not as well or qualitative as these two systems could be, as these two could be developed as thought structures-faith is part of both, but there is no excuse for a stupid believer in either)-both movements share the rational point of view and both should be constructed on rational structured tenants or with a rational epistemology. Man, as atheist, confronts god, who is on the other side of the dialectic and with his (man's) reason, he can go it alone being his own god-reason is the hope that man can extend himself into all things and knowledge (reason {or what is termed reason} composes all reality, both physical and metaphysical, as well as the mind: mind shares this reason with all things and gives him access to all things, at least as a possible with endless time), with the potential of reason being the pantheistic element and man at the center of it all-as Hegel intimated, reason would never "see" itself without the human mind-what can be greater than rational thought-ahhhhhhhhh such heights! God, on the other side confronts man. Anselm (as my example), using reason-and they really knew how to reason then, not like our suckie reasoning today-developed the christian god beyond all other gods of men (derived from the bible, of course). Hegel places reason in the trinitarian doctrine as the underlining of all reason (he even called it the theology of reason, and philosophy was actually theology-I think modern philosophy then decided to study words and their uses after that!)-and he knew a thing or two about reason (probably more than anyone here, I would dare say). So, these two titanic rational constructs confront each other-the potential greatness of man and the potential greatness of the christian god all centered around the "come, let us reason together."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity