Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Actually, every person who has ever been born, is born and will be born, has a fragment of God within them. Everyone. What Jesus is saying in those verses is that you must transform your soul from the natural man into a Divine being. The only way to do this is by bringing the attributes and essence of God into the soul. No one can do that for you. It is an individual decision and once the individual has chosen and has began the proper way, that person will be forever in the Kingdom of God. The only way is praying and obtaining Divine Love, which is the essence of God. In no other way will anyone enter the Kingdom of God. Without the essence, one would not be fitted (comfortable) in that Kingdom. That is what it means to be born again.
One's interpretation of the Scripture is totally wrong....and I agree with Richard it is a New Age Philosophy.....and one does not have the Spirit of God to discern what the Scripture is speaking, but one is speaking through their own nature, the flesh not the Spirit....

The only way for one to enter the Kingdom of God is to be born again through Jesus Christ. And in order to be transform one needs to.....believe in Christ Jesus. Without Him we can do nothing.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 15:5
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Rom. 8:14
14. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Rom. 9:8
8. That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.

New Age philosophy brings another gospel, not the gospel of Truth through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!!!

Gal. 1:8
8. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

New Age speaks from their father of lies, the devil....who speaks and witnesses against the Truth of the Living God.

John 8:44
" You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 09:52 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
Hmmm so the devil is telling Reverend that one must to turn to God earnestly in prayer day after day, year after year and century after century.

Hmmm.....somehow I just do not see the devil doing that

but good try

Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 AM

I am getting pretty sick and tired of those of you stating that some here are from the devil. Before you cast such terrible judgement upon a Child of God…would you first so be inclined to Test your very own Spirit. Prior to judging someone else….. why don’t you first put your own spirit through the test and see if you in fact pass the test! The one that does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Testing the Spirits

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

God Is Love

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Hmmm so the devil is telling Reverend that one must to turn to God earnestly in prayer day after day, year after year and century after century.

Hmmm.....somehow I just do not see the devil doing that

but good try
It is God's word, not mine....that one is in opposition of !!

2 Cor. 11:13-14
13. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
14. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

2Cor.4:1-4
1. Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,
2. but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3.And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4. in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

John 8:12
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, " I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 1:5
The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 AM

You are judging someone who follows Jesus and Loves God..... I bet her Spirit passes the Test big time...does yours?

I do not see her judging others...do you know why? Her soul is filled with God's Love - she has gone beyond in spiritual awakeness..... she is moving forward towards God as his spirit lives within her. I must say, it is the very best way to live our lives...to earnestly pray to God for his Love and receive it.... and live with this Love in our soul.....there is nothing, nothing that is better and once you are awakened by this - you keep moving forward without fear! That is why Jesus told us to focus on that!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
You are judging someone who follows Jesus and Loves God..... I bet her Spirit passes the Test big time...does yours?

I do not see her judging others...do you know why? Her soul is filled with God's Love - she has gone beyond in spiritual awakeness..... she is moving forward towards God as his spirit lives within her. I must say, it is the very best way to live our lives...to earnestly pray to God for his Love and receive it.... and live with this Love in our soul.....there is nothing, nothing that is better and once you are awakened by this - you keep moving forward without fear! That is why Jesus told us to focus on that!
The topic is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(CONTINUED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

I am confused because I see and hear God in everything including the worst scenario you could imagine. Are you talking about experiencing God or God giving you new revelation that is not in the bible?
So let's get back to the question asked from Fundamentalist...

Does God give you new revelation?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:28 AM

667 posts, read 940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(CONTINUED FROM ANOTHER THREAD)

I am confused because I see and hear God in everything including the worst scenario you could imagine. Are you talking about experiencing God or God giving you new revelation that is not in the bible?
No, I do not received any revelations more as written in the Bible.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
No, I do not received any revelations more as written in the Bible.
Amen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....
When we receive a revelation from the Lord.....our hearts being open to a deeper teaching, discernment, it will always, always come from within the Scripture, never out side of it!

Blessings

Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
The topic is.....

So let's get back to the question asked from Fundamentalist...

Does God give you new revelation?
Sorry off topic but also had to advise you of your false judgements

Old 02-07-2010, 07:54 PM

37 posts, read 51,492 times
revelation....the bible itself is the revelation of God. men wrote the words, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and it has been preserved through history. many claim all kinds of falsehoods about the bible and that it would pass into oblivion, yet it still is here. it has been called the good book, for a person can live a good and profitable life by following its precepts. it has been used as a rule book for life. this can be achieved without any real revelation on the readers part. but the question would be whether that person has come into the salvation that is to be found in accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. true salvation comes from a revelation (a work of the Holy Spirit) that Jesus is the Christ of God and accepting that fact as truth. it does not come from believing the bible is true, rather it is that Jesus Christ is who the bible says He is.

once a person is saved by God I believe fundy's question on revelation is of interest. is there any more revelation to be had?? it has been noted by a few that revelation outside the bible is not safe. the devil can appear as an angel of light and so we are challenged to test all spirits and everything they say. that goes for even what one may say as 'thus says the lord...' the scripture says that the believer has the Holy Spirit (anointing) within and we have no need for anyone toteach us, meaning that we have the HS to help us discern the spirits and the words of those spirits.

is there such a thing as revelation beyond what we have today?
paul wrote in Ehp 1:15-20 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in hte Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the full knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of his power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at his right hand in the heavenly places... did you catch the point of 'a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the full knowledge of Him' yes there is revelation to be had if we are willing to receive it. I do agree with others that it must be in the parameters of the written word; the bible. in the days of Luther, salvation by faith was a new revelation. saints died standing on that very truth that we now consider kindergarten. others have given us much more over the years. just the thought on love itself. it is a revelation to come to the understanding that it must be the love of Christ working through me touching others. my own love is so shallow. His agape love is so rich, so amazing!! His agape love can actually be expressed in me and through me.
I believe that God has been restoring truth that was lost by the church and He is establishing it in preparation for the Lord to return for His bride who is without spot or wrinkle.

little elmer and raylyn28 have a pretty good handle on the topic at hand. I have a feeling they have read works by Watchman Nee and TA Sparks. there is a bit of Tozer there too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity