U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
 
12,279 posts, read 5,872,725 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That my friend is total bull crap...Never happened...What is it with some Christians? I thought dishonesty was against your rules.
It's in the news. Look it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
 
12,279 posts, read 5,872,725 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
All suffer "at the hands of the world" Mike. I'll say this though - these people absolutely should NOT be persecuted because of their beliefs.
Because believers are not of the world, and because the world hates Christ, the world also hates those who are in Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,058 posts, read 16,701,101 times
Reputation: 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's in the news. Look it up.
That's up to you, after all you brought the subject up....Just curious if you are talking about Stephen Boissoin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
 
12,279 posts, read 5,872,725 times
Reputation: 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's up to you, after all you brought the subject up....Just curious if you are talking about Stephen Boissoin?
No, it's up to you. You're the one who doesn't believe it. Frankly, I don't care what you believe. Or any of the rest of you mal contents. It's pathetic that you people can't just hold your peace and remain silent. Instead, you feel the need to criticize bringing up the fact that there are Christians who are in need of prayer and encouragement in the midst of their persecutions. I am addressing every single one of you people who have criticized this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Flower Mound, Texas
1,837 posts, read 2,442,335 times
Reputation: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No we are not all worshipping the same ''thing.'' Christians are specifically targeted by Satan and the world because they have placed their faith in Christ for salvation. And this Satanic opposition will continue to get worse. True Christians are targets for persecution because they belong to the royal family of God. And Satan opposes God in every way.

And Jews are also under persecution by Satan, because God has made certain promises to the Jews that will be fulfilled when Christ returns. Satan would like nothing better than to completely destroy the Jewish race so that God cannot fulfill His promises. But God protects the Jewish race and they will exist forever despite Satan's efforts to destroy them.

When the church is raptured, and the tribulation begins, those who come to believe in Christ will come under the greatest persecution the world has ever known.

As it is now, Christians are under persecution of various forms in various places on earth not because of any 'karma', but because they are in the devils world, but not of the devils world.

And therefore, those who are true Christians need to pray for those who are enduring persecution.
Very good post Mike!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 12:47 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,444,218 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's up to you, after all you brought the subject up....Just curious if you are talking about Stephen Boissoin?
I'm sure that was the reference. The suite filed against Mr. Boissoin was WAY out of line and was an affront to basic free speech rights. The decision was later overturned. Partial victory for free speech in Boissoin court judgment :: Canadian Constitution Foundation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:04 AM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
2,435 posts, read 3,211,006 times
Reputation: 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's in the news. Look it up.
As a sidebar, any time you don't give a source for your views, it's intellectually dishonest. When someone asks you SPECIFICALLY for your source and you refuse, like you just did, to give it up... that goes beyond being intellectually dishonest to being completely fraudulent.

Either it's true or it's not true. If the source wasn't credible or it's pretty easy to poke logical fallacy holes through your source, then maybe it's wise not to use this for your thesis in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,444,218 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Yes and the devil is called the "Father of Lies". May I ask what your point is with your post? Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcnwzrd View Post
what i get from his post is that "Christ-like people aka Christians" blame an exterior being for everything that they do wrong in life instead of looking inside themselves and realizing that every action you do whether it be for good or bad is YOUR choice. I have yet to ever do anything that I have said "The Devil Made Me Do It". we have all made bad choices in life. just own up to it, learn from them and move on. no need to put it all on the shoulders of a "Devil/Satan". what you going to tell your wife when you get caught cheating. "Sorry hun Satan just wouldn't stop tempting me with your good looking friend."
I was/am also trying to show the difference between what we know today as "Christianity" and actual "Christ-like behavior".

There is a theme throughout the bible against lying to and oppressing and defrauding people (as well as other themes) and the record of Jesus' moral teachings took it to a whole new level saying that we should even love our enemies.

'Satan' and 'Devil' (in Hebrew and Greek respectively) both carry the idea of an opposer, or an accuser. So all that which is against (ie: oppressive to) humans and to the morality of Christ (which is to love your neighbor as yourself) falls into this category of "satanic" whether it comes from within Christianic or Atheistic or Hinduistic schools of thought or from whoever.

I realize this goes against the mainstream Christian worldview. And I'm happy to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,345 posts, read 3,444,218 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Frankly, I don't care what you believe. Or any of the rest of you mal contents.
I believe you!!!

1mal·con·tent Pronunciation: \ˌmal-kən-ˈtent\
Function: noun
Date: 1581
: a discontented person: a : one who bears a grudge from a sense of grievance or thwarted ambition b : one who is in active opposition to an established order or government : rebel

You really pegged this one. I am a "malcontent" on SO many levels - it's stunning really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It's pathetic that you people can't just hold your peace and remain silent.
I feel your pain Mike. Sometimes I wish all who disagree with me would just shut-up as well! Perhaps a more exclusive forum would work better for you? A forum which prohibits dissenting/malcontentic views?

For the record though - I didn't jump in till I saw this go (from the original poster) away from the topic of unjust oppression of Christians to this kind of, mmm, "stuff":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
laws that are designed to promote homosexuality are encouraged by Satan (1 Chronicles 21:1 shows us that Satan influences rulers-and, yes I know that homosexuality is not mentioned in this passage) in an attempt to undermine the divine principles of marriage and family. Therefore, even though Islam is also promoted by Satan, any law that protects homosexuality will also have to apply a penalty to Islam or any other religion that opposes it.
So the Devil promotes a religion that kills gays to... uhm... what? Confuse his real intentions of, promoting pro-gay laws?

Thank God for malcontents. I'm glad you are one of us too Mike because a private citizen should be able to express their views pro and con. It's called free speech and is part of the bedrock of our U.S. democratic freedom.

P.S. Hate/oppression/persecution is a strange thing. It's all fair and non-discriminatory as long as it's against someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 AM
 
15,031 posts, read 4,658,209 times
Reputation: 3489
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I'm sure that was the reference. The suite filed against Mr. Boissoin was WAY out of line and was an affront to basic free speech rights. The decision was later overturned. Partial victory for free speech in Boissoin court judgment :: Canadian Constitution Foundation
Box Turtle Bulletin » Stephen Boissoin ruling reversed

Did you read where a gay teenager was beaten up by "a regular visitor to a drop-in center operated by Boissoin"? That was what prompted the court action by Mr Lund in the first place.

Yes- Ms Boisson is once again perfectly free to vilifiy, slander, spread as much misinformation as he wants and preach persecution of homosexuals to his tiny heart's content under the banner of free speech.

Let's just hope no more gay teenagers are bashed or even killed by people who believe his ignorant hate-mongering rubbish.

BTW, Mr Boisson was NOT writing a "commentary on the Bibles perspective of homosexuality" NOR was he made to "renounce his faith" as Mike555 falsely claimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top